2024 Draft

Ftn49

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

The mock draft database has a consensus big board. It has Beebe at 58 overall. 

Ha! That's perfect. I feel like teams continue overlooking these productive four year players. There is a BIG advantage of just playing football. Sure you will want physical monsters like Mims and I'm not against taking him, but there is far more risk taking him in the first round opposed to Beebe in the 2nd round. Like Beebe is one of those prospects that I can't see failing. Even if he is not elite, he's going to be a 10+ year starter and teams will always value him. He's not going to lose any games before he makes the incorrect read or does not pick up the DL he is supposed to pick up. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Forge said:

In an anti-climatic move on the forum mock draft, I traded down from pick 31 lol 

(passed up Newton) 

4 more picks until I'm on the clock. All I did was swap 31 down to 37 and swapped 94 for 69. So down 6 spots in the 1st / 2nd for 25 spots in the third. Was pretty dead even on the Rich Hill trade chart. 

I did have to pass up Newton, which hurt, but with 4 picks left, these guys are still on the board:

• Jordan Morgan
  • Zach Frazier
  • Darius Robinson (probably not going this way, but I get why people would like to)
  • Braden Fiske
  • Kingsley Suamataia

Plus all the typical receivers you would expect here (Coleman, McConkey, Pearsall, Worthy, Franklin)

So I think overall it was the right move to make. 

• Like 1

I will be disappointed if the Niners don't land Rice. Such a great feel for the position, natural hands, and looks like a better athlete than his combine numbers would suggest.. Is taking him at the back of the 2nd too high?

23 minutes ago, adamq said:

I will be disappointed if the Niners don't land Rice. Such a great feel for the position, natural hands, and looks like a better athlete than his combine numbers would suggest.. Is taking him at the back of the 2nd too high?

For me it is. Back end of the third is what I would expect. I don't know that I'd have him inside the top 15 receivers, tbh. i think there's a case you could make that he's outside the top 20, but that's pretty close. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

4 more picks until I'm on the clock. All I did was swap 31 down to 37 and swapped 94 for 69. So down 6 spots in the 1st / 2nd for 25 spots in the third. Was pretty dead even on the Rich Hill trade chart. 

I did have to pass up Newton, which hurt, but with 4 picks left, these guys are still on the board:

• Jordan Morgan
  • Zach Frazier
  • Darius Robinson (probably not going this way, but I get why people would like to)
  • Braden Fiske
  • Kingsley Suamataia

Plus all the typical receivers you would expect here (Coleman, McConkey, Pearsall, Worthy, Franklin)

So I think overall it was the right move to make. 

I believe that they are all still there but Franklin. 

What do we think? I'm kind of thinking Morgan, but I kind feel more confident that Frazier is going to be a better pro LOL. But he's pretty much Center only. 

@JIllg @adamq @StevenK @J-ALL-DAY ? @GW21 or @John232 ? I only have about 30 minutes to decide (and there are others who have been skipped, so possible one of these guys gets snatched while I'm thinking about it).

How do we feel? 

6 minutes ago, adamq said:

I would lean towards OL for sure, no opinion on who though

The funny thing is that Morgan is so uninspiring, but he's like my net zero pick along with a couple of others. Like, in 50% of the universes I'm drafting him if he's there, and 50% of them I'm drafting someone else. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Geek said:

Fraizer is probably the best player there imo. Suamatia is a fine alternative.

Suamatai is kind of a mess. Much more is a project imo. You're really banking on traits developing, so I think you're redshirting him a year. Really gunning on upside

I'm convinced that Frazier is the guy who is most likely a ten year starter though

• Like 1

Honestly, all these guys may sit a year. I don't know that Frazier can play guard. Morgan has never played the right side so far as I know. Suamatai needs more time

33 minutes ago, Forge said:

I believe that they are all still there but Franklin. 

What do we think? I'm kind of thinking Morgan, but I kind feel more confident that Frazier is going to be a better pro LOL. But he's pretty much Center only. 

@JIllg @adamq @StevenK @J-ALL-DAY ? @GW21 or @John232 ? I only have about 30 minutes to decide (and there are others who have been skipped, so possible one of these guys gets snatched while I'm thinking about it).

How do we feel? 

I'd go Morgan here. 

• Like 1