2024 Draft

Ftn49

18 minutes ago, WhyAmIHere said:

lmao, what a crock.  people just overthinking stuff out loud for clicks now. 

I dunno about falling out of the first but I do think that people will be surprised when Barton goes before him.

Just now, Geek said:

I dunno about falling out of the first but I do think that people will be surprised when Barton goes before him.

I do think that JPJ is a guard unless you are really more duo/gap heavy. But he's the best guard in the draft for that or the best center if you are more of a straight line offense. That still spells a high pick. I could see say Miami passing on him, but some other teams being super high on him. 

19 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2024/insider/story/_/id/39897480/2024-nfl-mock-draft-mel-kiper-new-predictions-two-rounds-64-picks-three-trades

Kiper mocking Rosengarten to the Niners at 31 again and Andru Phillips, who was in for a top 30 visit, at 63. 

Interesting that he has Newton and JPJ falling to the second round.

If the Niners pass on Newton and JPJ for Rosengarten I won't be around to see how he develops.  Heaven awaits. 

• Like 2

Rosengarten would be WTF reaction at 31. I can live with it in the late 2nd round. 

On that thought we know 49ers can give us not surprised but still WTF moments in the first with Kinlaw and McGlinchey. Who would you be not surprises but still a WTF moment at 31? 

2 hours ago, WhyAmIHere said:

lmao, what a crock.  people just overthinking stuff out loud for clicks now. 

Kiper has jpj going like 47 or something. 

Bill Williamson said he's hearing medical stuff. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

Kiper has jpj going like 47 or something. 

Bill Williamson said he's hearing medical stuff. 

I just listened to a podcast where they said he's had previous concussions.  I don't care tbh, I'd take that mfer and run the ball 30 times a game. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Rosengarten would be WTF reaction at 31. I can live with it in the late 2nd round. 

On that thought we know 49ers can give us not surprised but still WTF moments in the first with Kinlaw and McGlinchey. Who would you be not surprises but still a WTF moment at 31? 

Kingsley or Nubin for me.  It would ruin me physically, I'd take a sick day at work. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, WhyAmIHere said:

Kingsley or Nubin for me.  It would ruin me physically, I'd take a sick day at work. 

Honestly had to look up who Nubin was lol. Yeah, I would be shocked if we took a Safety.  I know I mentioned it a couple of wks ago just because we were looking at safeties with Huf’s injury, etc I just don’t see it unless it’s DeJean. 

I’ve already mentioned a couple of times, I realistically would want Frazier, but if Barton or JPJ falls to us, I would be all over it! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

I know some ppl are ok with us getting a Dline. I just don’t like the guys this year and I honestly would be like WTF, unless it’s Darius Robinson or Newton (if he falls). Reason I say Robinson, I already thought he would be someone we would be interested in. I just don’t see it with Chop like some others were saying earlier. 

I would also be shocked if we took the TE from Texas, Sanders at 31. I know we were cracking jokes but I would be heated especially if one of the marquee guys are there. I would take receiver over TE @31 if it really boils down to it. 

I don’t have a feel for this year until we start meeting with ppl that could go at our spot. I think a lot of positions could be on the table at 31 - OL, Corner and Receiver (maybe). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

I generally feel like when you have wtf moments against consensus, it seldom ends all that well. 

Rosengarten would absolutely be one of those type of picks to me. I mean, I don't know that there was anyone on this forum more opposed to McG and few who were as lukewarm on Kinlaw as I was, but I don't know that they were that drastically "WTF" moments. Rosengarten would be. That's Cam Latu in the third round to a more extreme level to me. Over a full round reach. I'm talking when you go that far against consensus. 

That said....

He's a tackle, which we need. 

He's a "this makes me the smartest guy in the room" pick

He's being coached by Staley this off season

His high school coach was Ed McCaffrey

I've seen the way this team drafts in the first round. 

So my reaction to him getting picked at 31: 

Pretends To Be Shocked | Know Your Meme

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

I generally feel like when you have wtf moments against consensus, it seldom ends all that well. 

Rosengarten would absolutely be one of those type of picks to me. I mean, I don't know that there was anyone on this forum more opposed to McG and few who were as lukewarm on Kinlaw as I was, but I don't know that they were that drastically "WTF" moments. Rosengarten would be. That's Cam Latu in the third round to a more extreme level to me. Over a full round reach. 

That said....

He's a tackle, which we need. 

He's a "this makes me the smartest guy in the room pick"

He's being coached by Staley this off season

His high school coach was Ed McCaffrey

I've seen the way this team drafts in the first round. 

So my reaction to him getting picked at 31: 

Pretends To Be Shocked | Know Your Meme

Plus we have a habit of reaching for needs regardless. 

Yeah everything you mentioned about Rosengarten and who he’s being trained with sounds like he’s a Niner plus he ran a lot zone schemes ever since high school. 

Edited by StevenK
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Kneeland. Pretty much mocked everywhere at the end of round 2, but Dane Brugler mentioned him as one of the surprise 1st round guys, which scares me.

• Like 2