2024 Draft

Ftn49

Here's a video of Rosengarten at the Senior Bowl.  Looks like this is where his stock started to really rise.  He looked borderline dominant, although I wouldn't consider his playstyle as "dominant":

Edited by WhyAmIHere

38 minutes ago, Forge said:

If rosengarten was the pick at 31, I'd still hate that less than I did the mcg pick

I'd hate it, but i'd hate it less than Morgan or Kingsley...mainly because he feels like a real actual Tackle instead of a Guard. Kingsley might turn out to be amazing, but he's just soooo raw to me that I feel like it'd take 3 years to become good. I'd hate it but I'd also wait to see what their plan is for the rest of the draft, because they can make up for a reach at #31 by hitting hard in 2/3/4. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, WhyAmIHere said:

I'd hate it, but i'd hate it less than Morgan or Kingsley...mainly because he feels like a real actual Tackle instead of a Guard. Kingsley might turn out to be amazing, but he's just soooo raw to me that I feel like it'd take 3 years to become good. I'd hate it but I'd also wait to see what their plan is for the rest of the draft, because they can make up for a reach at #31 by hitting hard in 2/3/4. 

I do think that I'd feel uncomfortable with whoever we're sticking and picking at 31 unless something weird happens.

I don't mind Rosengarten as a part of a very similar cadre of folks that we're choosing between with some significant downsides, though I'd prefer a trade down if possible (this will not happen if they like him). He's got a higher floor as a pass protector than a lot of the developmental guys, and I've seen him execute some really pretty run blocks complete with really great body swivel and understanding of double teams. Now, he also has seriously infuriating run reps where he gets his body in what looks like good position and lets the guy swim under/thru him to make TFLs or fails to sustain from a great start to the rep. But at least he's pretty close when he fails and looks like he knows what he's doing and can move in space with really crazy athleticism. And at least his ceiling is that of a quality NFL starting tackle. Not sure I can say that for some of the less risky options where we are picking. Honestly, I don't mind it just from watching the tape this afternoon minus that it flies in the face of like half of the evaluators on the net. There's a bunch that have 4th round grades and such. The others think back of the first to middle of the second is about right.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Forge said:

MM isn't sure about offensive line at 31, but also thinks we may be drafting for development no matter what

When I look at the units that underperformed last year, the first thing I think of is Dline. I'll never forget that feeling of helplessness as Detroit ran it up our *** for an entire half.....nothing you can do to stop it.  It's why in my mocks if DRob or Newton are there at #31 I grab them without blinking an eye. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WhyAmIHere said:

When I look at the units that underperformed last year, the first thing I think of is Dline. I'll never forget that feeling of helplessness as Detroit ran it up our *** for an entire half.....nothing you can do to stop it.  It's why in my mocks if DRob or Newton are there at #31 I grab them without blinking an eye. 

I'm not a robinson fan to that extent, but I think if Newton is there at 31, I'm going to be really sad if we pass on him. 

• Like 3

Kiper / Yates 3 round mock:

Rd 1- Jordan Morgan 

Rd 2 - Dru Phillips 

Rd 3 - Jared Wiley (above Sanders, which is interesting)

Pff / Sam monson 2 round: 

Rd 1 - TJ Tampa 

Rd 2- Kiran Amegadjie 

26 minutes ago, Forge said:

Kiper / Yates 3 round mock:

Rd 1- Jordan Morgan 

Rd 2 - Dru Phillips 

Rd 3 - Jared Wiley (above Sanders, which is interesting)

Pff / Sam monson 2 round: 

Rd 1 - TJ Tampa 

Rd 2- Kiran Amegadjie 

Woof on Kiper's. Dru Philips is a corner with a nickel's body (although he might be long enough for outside?) that can't tackle/isn't physical at the point of attack. That's a no go for several rounds for me. And I really don't like Jared Wiley very much - his blocking is so terrible that he's essentially a jumbo WR. He has some real athletic gifts, but he doesn't even block well enough to be like a decent big slot in that regard imo.

Sam's I can get behind although Amegadjie in the second feels a little risky for my blood and I feel as though we've secured our outside corners in the short term with Yiadom and Ya-Sin. Pff has really believed that we have needed corner highly throughout the draft process and I just don't think that's the case. Amegadjie that high would depend on how the tackle board shakes out.