Will the First Human to Land on Mars Make it Back to Earth?

MKnight82

I think there's a very strong likelihood that dip****s like Elon if they actually manage to send people to Mars without killing them before they get there...will strictly enforce a policy where no human is allowed to step foot on the red planet until the technology is safe enough for the Elon himself to make the trip and be the first man on Mars.  And then return.

Because we're in an age of commercialization of space...this is the reality we're going to have to live with.  However much it holds back potential progress.  In the name of vanity and ego.

Edited by Tugboat

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2023 at 9:27 PM, Tank4Drake said:

Mars is overrated as hell. Plus Mars moon will hit mars in 40 million years. Earth will survive another 500M years before the sun bakes it like Venus. 

Big assumption Earth will even be habitable 1000 years from now. 

19 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Big assumption Earth will even be habitable 1000 years from now. 

Why? The planet goes through cooling down and heating up in intense cycles, that’s been scientifically proven. 

17 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Why? Pretty easy to get to Mars.

Agreed. Would take what, a year and a half? That’s nothing. Stocking that much fuel is tricky but if you put the best scientists together I’m sure it can easily be done in several years from now.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I think the first person to step on Mars makes it back to Earth.  I don't think they send anyone until we have enough unmanned trips to drop off supplies to make a return trip possible.  That said, I don't think it happens in the next 50 years, so I probably won't be alive to see it.

On 10/31/2023 at 1:46 PM, MonserinNC said:

Im going to say yes simply because I dont think we send a human until we can. AI is advancing at a tremendous rate, we definitely will send more and more advanced robots over time until we eventually send a human

AI is so ******* useless tho.

It literally just does human stuff, more ****ty.

If that's what we're relying on, everyone's gonna ******* die before they even get there.

• Like 1