Week 1 GDT: Cowboys @ Giants

WizardHawk

4 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Pretty outrageous to lead the league in forced turnovers, bring virtually everyone back, and then add a former DPOY at your weakest spot.

I do think mobile QBs might stress us a little bit. All the movement and stunts can leave some big holes for a QB who is willing to take off and run. Eagles and Bills could have good days. Dolphins just by the nature of their speed. Beyond that, I don’t see any teams on our schedule that our defense will struggle with.

Giants were actually having success against us in that first drive with quick hitting runs up the middle and Jones getting to the edge.  Why they stopped and didn’t return to this style is beyond me.   Eagles will be interesting as will SF.   

32 minutes ago, quiller said:

Giants were actually having success against us in that first drive with quick hitting runs up the middle and Jones getting to the edge.  Why they stopped and didn’t return to this style is beyond me.   Eagles will be interesting as will SF.   

They will both have much better offenses and defenses. 

And don't sleep on Detroit.

4 hours ago, quiller said:

Every team will have a drive or two where stuff works. That Giants offense is not a real threat.

Shanahan is a beast, you’re right that I probably didn’t give them enough credit for their ability to stress our D.

11 hours ago, D82 said:

Even though the execution from the offense was spotty (and I’m willing to blame that on the rust, rain), I am extremely encouraged by what we saw from Schott/MM.

42% of our passes utilized play action (averaged just 26% last year)

1st down was dominated by passes in the first half (rightfully shifted to runs once the game was out of hand).

Trying to find stats on pre-snap motion, but that felt like an increase, too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Even though the execution from the offense was spotty (and I’m willing to blame that on the rust, rain), I am extremely encouraged by what we saw from Schott/MM.

42% of our passes utilized play action (averaged just 26% last year)

1st down was dominated by passes in the first half (rightfully shifted to runs once the game was out of hand).

Trying to find stats on pre-snap motion, but that felt like an increase, too.

Could have sworn I saw something saying that percentage was up as well, but can't find the tweet.