W1 - LA Rams At Seattle Seahawks

MDY10

I don't really know what to think about this win. Same as you all, I'm surprised by this win and how we win this game. 

I don't know why Caroll gave up the running game but there was no match in the 2nd Half of the game.

Offense, we will see how good this OL is against the Niners. They didn't allow a sack yesterday but i don't think the DL of Hawks was very good. 

Puka confirmed his status of the preseason. Atwell played very well, i think the deep ball by Stafford were underthrown, could have been a TD. 

Jefferson still continue to disapoint with a big drop. 

Williams played better than Akers....it seems like we saw the Akers of the beginning of last season...

In defense, the pass rush were good at the end of the game. The secondary played well enough to make Metcalf furious. 

Overall it's a good win but the true test is next week. I don't think we will win but if we are competitive enough in this game...well maybe it will be a good season. 

1 minute ago, Flounch said:

I don't really know what to think about this win. Same as you all, I'm surprised by this win and how we win this game. 

I don't know why Caroll gave up the running game but there was no match in the 2nd Half of the game.

Offense, we will see how good this OL is against the Niners. They didn't allow a sack yesterday but i don't think the DL of Hawks was very good. 

Puka confirmed his status of the preseason. Atwell played very well, i think the deep ball by Stafford were underthrown, could have been a TD. 

Williams played better than Akers....it seems like we saw the Akers of the beginning of last season...

In defense, the pass rush were good at the end of the game. The secondary played well enough to make Metcalf furious. 

Overall it's a good win but the true test is next week. I don't think we will win but if we are competitive enough in this game...well maybe it will be a good season. 

I am done with Jefferson, at least until he shows us something that would make him worth supporting. 

Akers is dancing around getting hit in the backfield once again, however, the run blocking was a little clunky, but he was still outplayed by Williams regardless. 

15 hours ago, Flounch said:

I went to an athletic training place to rehab my achilles and told the trainers I was a Rams fan. They said "oh we had Van Jefferson in here last year. His dad was a coach in the area and he came in to workout and catch balls".

I said thats awesome what was he like?

"dropped more balls than you would think as a NFL player"

After I heard that as a first response, I never saw him the same. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I went to an athletic training place to rehab my achilles and told the trainers I was a Rams fan. They said "oh we had Van Jefferson in here last year. His dad was a coach in the area and he came in to workout and catch balls".

Waouh, didn't think it was so awful. But when Kupp will return on the field, i think we won't see him much with Puka and Atwell on the rise. 

55 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Sad, but not surprising at all. 

This should be his last year to prove himself. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, NYRamsFan88 said:

I am done with Jefferson, at least until he shows us something that would make him worth supporting. 

Akers is dancing around getting hit in the backfield once again, however, the run blocking was a little clunky, but he was still outplayed by Williams regardless. 

His drop was bad but he had 4 catches on 5 targets and some good run blocking. He also had the highest snap count of the non Stafford and OL guys. I think we're going to continue to see him a lot.

35 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

His drop was bad but he had 4 catches on 5 targets and some good run blocking. He also had the highest snap count of the non Stafford and OL guys. I think we're going to continue to see him a lot.

Idk, Higbee was targeted less and he made the most of his opportunities more so than VJ. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him get phased out once Kupp comes back. 

3 hours ago, NYRamsFan88 said:

Idk, Higbee was targeted less and he made the most of his opportunities more so than VJ. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him get phased out once Kupp comes back. 

We'll see what happens, but I'm not gonna write a guy off for catching every ball but one that was thrown to him. Yes again that was a big miss he had his hands all kinds of wrong on that pass. But he caught the other 4 passes thrown to him a couple big plays even though they were shorter yardage completions. Personally I like the thought of 4 guys rotating with Kupp the obvious leader. Add in Higbee and if Kyren can ever catch a pass, yes he didn't catch either of his targets and on both he seemed to upset Matt with running the wrong route. 

7 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

Van is a solid player. People need to chill. Yeah, the drop was bad, but it happens. Van isn't a #1 WR, but he's capable of being a solid #2 or a good #3. I doubt we see him phased out. If Tutu and Puka keep producing, he may drop down in the pecking order when Kupp comes back, but he'll still get plenty of snaps.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

Van is a solid player. People need to chill. Yeah, the drop was bad, but it happens. Van isn't a #1 WR, but he's capable of being a solid #2 or a good #3. I doubt we see him phased out. If Tutu and Puka keep producing, he may drop down in the pecking order when Kupp comes back, but he'll still get plenty of snaps.

Yup I agree, he'll be fine going forward he'll continue being on the field a lot going forward and he'll produce like the #2 or #3 he is. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I used to think he could be a number 2, but leaning towards good#3 for a team. When you draft a guy in the 2nd round, you expect a little bit more than that kind of ceiling. 

Sub 60% catch rate in his two largest volume season isn't a great sign. Contract years are normally the most successful for guys and yeah its very early, but McVay isn't afraid to roll with a hot hand in Tutu and Puka so we'll see if VJ turns it around 

3 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

I used to think he could be a number 2, but leaning towards good#3 for a team. When you draft a guy in the 2nd round, you expect a little bit more than that kind of ceiling. 

Sub 60% catch rate in his two largest volume season isn't a great sign. Contract years are normally the most successful for guys and yeah its very early, but McVay isn't afraid to roll with a hot hand in Tutu and Puka so we'll see if VJ turns it around 

But he's a deep threat. So his catch rate will be less than other receivers that do work underneath. His 9.0 yards per target in 2021 is a really good number that ranked 24th in the league. 

I came away from the game meh on Van. It wasn't a great game but that was basically all because of the drop. He didn't have the same opps at Puka and Tutu. If those guys do pass him in the pecking order, I wouldn't be shocked but I would be shocked if VJ isn't a big part of the offense. 

On 9/11/2023 at 5:12 AM, BStanRamFan said:

but the defense in the 2H was flat out dominant.

A good deal of that had to do with them losing both their starting OT's and not being able to adapt.  Not every team has Little Shanny's voodoo where he can plug in street FA's and still be able to double/triple-team AD with impunity.  And I'll be real about it, the refs let Yeast and others in the secondary get away with some stuff, but I think that's the benefit of playing a team like Seattle in Seattle, where their players on both sides of the ball are always going to try and get away with questionable stuff - especially at home - so it's not always the easiest to call it one-sided without it looking blatant.

That said, this is the attitude we've been looking for our players and in particular our defense (outside of AD) to have when playing against the division beyond the Cardinals; that DGAF, get grimy if you gotta attitude.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jrry32 said:

More in terms of a production comp than an out and out attribute-to-attribute comp, he's Zay Jones.  Zay Jones is still a productive receiver, he's just a consistent 6/10 guy who will give you slightly above average performance on the regular, and his number of spikes will outnumber his troughs.  More or less, he's Josh Reynolds - ironically who he replaced - and similar to Reynolds he won't be worth beaucoup bucks to retain when his contract's up, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there... and more than likely end up spending a mid-round pick on a guy to replace him rather than end up extending him.