League of Lowlifes: Match-Up Voting Thread - Round 1

MKnight82

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

You're worried about that Lakers lineup scoring when OKC has gotta deal with Draymond and Gobert?

Okay, so even if they completely shut down Hassan Whiteside and Giannis (unlikely), I have Gordon Hayward, Devin Booker, Nikola Vucevic and Brook Lopez...

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

You're worried about that Lakers lineup scoring when OKC has gotta deal with Draymond and Gobert?

That team has 4 great scorers while the Lakers team has one who has traditionally struggled in the playoffs. Lakers are a fantastic defensive team, though. I just lean towards the offense of OKC in a playoff matchup. 

1 minute ago, MookieMonster said:

Okay, so even if they completely shut down Hassan Whiteside and Giannis (unlikely), I have Gordon Hayward, Devin Booker, Nikola Vucevic and Brook Lopez...

And I have Derozan, Otto Porter, Dennis Smith Jr, and my bench will shred yours with Dion Waiters, Jayson tatum and Jordan Clarkson.

3 minutes ago, champ11 said:

That team has 4 great scorers while the Lakers team has one who has traditionally struggled in the playoffs. Lakers are a fantastic defensive team, though. I just lean towards the offense of OKC in a playoff matchup. 

Booker IRL is the #1 option on a bad team.  He's getting a ton of gross points, but his FG % is .453 and he's shooting .383 from 3 point range.  Giannis is going to be the #1 option on that team, so Booker isn't going to get the volume he's getting now.  Meanwhile, my #2 option Otto Porter is shooting .507 from the field this year and .466 from 3 point range.  

Yes Giannis is going go get his, but Draymond would completely shut down Gordon Hayward, and Gobert would completely shut down Hassan Whiteside.  Jeremy Lin sucks.  

Lakers win in 5.  

22 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Booker IRL is the #1 option on a bad team.  He's getting a ton of gross points, but his FG % is .453 and he's shooting .383 from 3 point range.  Giannis is going to be the #1 option on that team, so Booker isn't going to get the volume he's getting now.  Meanwhile, my #2 option Otto Porter is shooting .507 from the field this year and .466 from 3 point range.  

Yes Giannis is going go get his, but Draymond would completely shut down Gordon Hayward, and Gobert would completely shut down Hassan Whiteside.  Jeremy Lin sucks.  

Lakers win in 5.  

Yeah, make Booker a #3 option and he's going to get a ton of good looks.

OKC in 4. I don't even think you'd win a game, that team would average 85 PPG.

3. Phoenix |  @DalCowboyzRule 

PG Damian Lillard | Eric Bledsoe
SG Gary Harris | Allen Crabbe
SF Andre Iguodala | Trevor Ariza 
PF LeBron James | Joe Johnson
Marc Gasol | Enes Kanter

vs

14. Dallas@Tyronnosaurus

PG: Malcolm Brogdon - Jeff Teague
SG: Zach LaVine - Buddy Hield
SF: Klay Thompson - TJ Warren
PF: Karl-Anthony Towns - John Collins
C: Myles Turner - Ekpe Udoh

Only case I need to make for myself in this match up:

Who the **** on his team is going to guard LeBron?

21 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Lakers win in 5.  

Otto Porter is not a good #2 scoring option, esp in this league tbh. I love Otto, elite 3 and D guy, but he's not a dude that's going to be a scorer you can lean on in a playoff series. He's one of the best role players in the league, but he still isn't out here creating his own shots at a high level. 

Booker's shooting is impressive, imo. He's taken a major step this year efficiency wise. He's the third best player on that team so I'm not gonna ding him for playing on a crap team in this situation. Like mookie said he would get so many looks. 

Jeremy Lin doesn't suck. Starting a rookie at PG in a playoff series obviously wouldn't be ideal though. 

Not hating on your team. It's a dope defensive team and it'd probably win a couple games. I just think there is enough scoring on the other team to pull out wins and not enough on yours which is why I voted the way I did. 

8/9 - Denver or Houston- Denver's a really good team but Houston is maybe the most balanced team here. Could be great defensively, good big 3 and everyone fits. Not sure about Harden/Beal guarding PGs 

4/13 - LA Lakers or OKC- Great offense lacking defense vs the opposite. OKC has alot of guys who need the ball, but the Lakers go-to options are just too underwhelming for me. Not great 3 pt shooting and Smith shouldnt be starting

5/12 - Portland or Golden State- Really close. Lot of one way players on GSW, would start Gallo over Jabari, offense would be great though. Portland- really good defensively except at center. Good 1-2 and depth

7/10 - New Orleans or San Antonio

3/14 - Phoenix or Dallas- Lebron, Lillard and Gasol is a pretty sick trio, Harris a great fit too.Dallas would have to adjust to guard lebron and I'd start Teague over Lavine

6/11 - Minnesota or Sacramento- Sac lineup is a good fit but Minny talent wins out here. Though I cant see Dwight being a positive guy in a bench role

8/9 - Denver or Houston - Denver is a far deeper team, but that Houston starting 5 is incredible. Both teams have stars, but teams have good defenders. Close match up, but I'll go with the deeper Denver squad here.

4/13 - LA Lakers or OKC - OKC is too good offensively for the Lakers.

5/12 - Portland or Golden State - Dragic/McCollum/Durant is too much

7/10 - New Orleans or San Antonio 

3/14 - Phoenix or Dallas

6/11 - Minnesota or Sacramento

4 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I just copied and pasted the rosters from the roster thread.  If any of you guys want me to edit your roster let me know.  

Add Nerlens Noel and Jon Isaac to my teams pls

Damn, how you gonna put me up against my homie @champ11 in the first round? Two best squads going at it in the first round. 

8/9 - Denver or Houston - Like I said, probably the two best teams here. Both fit really well together and are elite defensive teams. Champ did a good job of building the ideal James Harden team. My biggest thing is that I've got positional flexibility everywhere and I think Butler is a bona fide Harden stopper. I think having Nerlens behind Jordan is pretty big too. 

4/13 - LA Lakers or OKC - This one was tough. Going with OKC because of the scoring ability. I just don't see anyone on LAL that I'd want as a primary scorer.

5/12 - Portland or Golden State - Portland takes this one because of defense and shooting. They're shaky at the five but Clint Capela won't be the guy to take advantage of that.

7/10 - New Orleans or San Antonio - Not a big fan of either team. Went with the Pelicans because of their defense. San Antonio would be way better three years ago.

3/14 - Phoenix or Dallas - Phoenix is really deep and has LeBron. Dallas does not have LeBron, or anyone that can stop him.

6/11 - Minnesota or Sacramento - Minnesota by a lot. Better across the board and has a team around Russ that can shoot and defend. And when Russ goes to the bench, they have IT to take over.

Archived