2023 Week 2: @ Jaguars (Sunday, Sep. 17)

onejayhawk

Only caught parts of the game but I’m glad we got the win. What a big game for Skyy Moore, and that’s even with a couple penalties taking back some big catches.(why does that keep happening to him lol)

Defense looks menacing with Chris Jones back in the fold, and I really like having Kelce back to open things up and relax the WR corp. he got kicked out? What did he do? Lol

11 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

he got kicked out? What did he do? Lol

He had a PI early on and towards the end he got another but so did the defender and they were offset. Basically got it for jawing with a couple different defenders and it spilled over.

Ps Kelce wasn't quite Kelce today. He got winded a bunch, seemed pissy the whole game and had a drop for a TD that is usually a sure thing. Not a good day for him but I have no doubt he'll be ok

Edited by Chiefs_5627

3 hours ago, chiefs82 said:

No clue why Rice doesn’t get the snaps Watson and James get

If this game did not show you why Watson gets snaps then no one will be able to explain it to you. He was excellent. 

James is supposed to be the steady veteran with a knack for clutch plays. That's the theory anyway. 

9 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

If this game did not show you why Watson gets snaps then no one will be able to explain it to you. He was excellent. 

James is supposed to be the steady veteran with a knack for clutch plays. That's the theory anyway. 

Okay then over James at least. 

10 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

We need a kick returner that won't put the ball on the ground. Feels like it's been a while since they've had one.

15 minutes ago, RedGold said:

Fan base is largely just impatient.   Mahomes is comfortable with Watson, 0 issues with him staying in the rotation for snaps.   I’m sure as the season progresses we will see the snap counts change.  

Whatever makes Mahomes comfortable, although he looks very uncomfortable with his receiving options so far. Hopefully Skyy and Rice continue to develop and we can stop getting so many penalties and turnovers 

11 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Whatever makes Mahomes comfortable, although he looks very uncomfortable with his receiving options so far. Hopefully Skyy and Rice continue to develop and we can stop getting so many penalties and turnovers 

Oh for sure.   If there is one thing I have 0 worries about;  our passing game will get figured out.  At this point,  I believe all should be receiving reps.   Work through the issues and see what/who sticks best.  

We are a top 3 defense in points given up,   and #1 in the AFC.   I know it's frustrating to watch, but it comes with some of the youth movement.   Andy and co will figure it out by the times the games really matter.

I would like to shove all our outside zone rushing concepts out the door though.

3 hours ago, RedGold said:

Fan base is largely just impatient.   Mahomes is comfortable with Watson, 0 issues with him staying in the rotation for snaps.   I’m sure as the season progresses we will see the snap counts change.  

I’m just saying, Rice has looked decent in his limited snaps. 

22 minutes ago, chiefs82 said:

I’m just saying, Rice has looked decent in his limited snaps. 

Oh for sure,  big fan of Rice.   Loved him predraft before he was ever even in KC.  Just was meaning, patience can be a good thing.  It’s possible he has looked that well because he’s been a package player and/or we’re still integrating him into the offense.      Personally I’m more concerned about the OL,   I think both figure it out.. but right now it’s just gonna require players (and the team) figuring out roles and growing throughout the year. 

• Like 1

Never in my Wildest Dreams, would I have expected Kelce to have that sort of struggle.  But I should have Known He Was Trouble When He Walked In.  It was clear there was Bad Blood with multiple defenders and he just couldn’t Shake It Off.  Not sure why Reid or Mahomes didn’t just grab him and say You Need To Calm Down, we know you’re The Man but there’s no reason for you to keep acting like the Anti-Hero out here!

Edited by EMAW_KSU
  • Like 1