Jimmy G Apology Thread

NYRaider

Raiders need to make a bold move and name Aidan starting QB. Jimmy has nothing left. Almost reminds me of Matt Ryan last season. 

What would this team looked like with Stidham as the starter? 4-1?

Nobody counted the defense improving like we have seen this season. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

He's clearly cooked. Nothing left in his already weak arm. 

JMD has to be pissed. Defense is playing competitive and you hitched your offense to a QB who can't make the throws, thus limiting anything your offense can do. Not to mention the Oline is struggling. 

Adams is redundant in this offense. Basically a rich man's Jakobi Meyers the way he's being used. 

I still think it’s hilarious that JMD wouldn’t give Carr year 2 when objective they did some good things together in year 1 down the field, but he would bring in a guy who’s this bad.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I still think it’s hilarious that JMD wouldn’t give Carr year 2 when objective they did some good things together in year 1 down the field, but he would bring in a guy who’s this bad.

I get it from the financial aspect with Carr. I don't think you should overpay for average at QB. So that move made sense, but then then to overpay on below average anyway was dumb. 

I didn't have high expectations, but didn't think Jimmy G would be this bad and limiting. Doubt JMD did either. Maybe he progresses with timing as the season goes on, but man this is offense is hard to watch right now. 

Sucks because even a competent QB could have a fun with all the weapons. Heck, I'm so desperate, I'd call Carson Wentz. He's a bum, but at least he could move and has some pop in his arm.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

There was another out in his contract after year 2 as well. Carr always struggles year 1 in a system, we seeing it now in NO too. No reason to think with Meyers a healthy hunter, and Mayer carr couldnt have done better year 2 in a system. No doubt hed have his terrible game here and there (typically what 3 or 4 wtf games a year), but JG already had 4 lol. 

The schedule was open for a 4-1 start this year and we wasted it. 

7 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I get it from the financial aspect with Carr. I don't think you should overpay for average at QB. So that move made sense, but then then to overpay on below average anyway was dumb. 

I didn't have high expectations, but didn't think Jimmy G would be this bad and limiting. Doubt JMD did either. Maybe he progresses with timing as the season goes on, but man this is offense is hard to watch right now. 

Sucks because even a competent QB could have a fun with all the weapons. Heck, I'm so desperate, I'd call Carson Wentz. He's a bum, but at least he could move and has some pop in his arm.

I also didnt have high expectations, but agree, never did i think hed look this bad. JMD needs to watch some 9ers games to see what their O did to make jimmy at least effective. 
I thought for sure jimmy could beat a stacked box, but would just have 1 or 2 bonehead plays a game. 

-
never thought id say it, but with our D playing the way they have we should be 4-1!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Another mistake from JMD then. Nothing he's done has given me confidence. Ziegler on the other hand has my applause for his moves this year.

24 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

There was another out in his contract after year 2 as well. Carr always struggles year 1 in a system, we seeing it now in NO too. No reason to think with Meyers a healthy hunter, and Mayer carr couldnt have done better year 2 in a system. No doubt hed have his terrible game here and there (typically what 3 or 4 wtf games a year), but JG already had 4 lol. 

The schedule was open for a 4-1 start this year and we wasted it. 

I also didnt have high expectations, but agree, never did i think hed look this bad. JMD needs to watch some 9ers games to see what their O did to make jimmy at least effective. 
I thought for sure jimmy could beat a stacked box, but would just have 1 or 2 bonehead plays a game. 

-
never thought id say it, but with our D playing the way they have we should be 4-1!

I mean he's not really struggling in NO. He's coming off an AC sprain and had a big game against the pats with 2 dropped TD's that could have been huge. No one is saying he's a world-beater but we'd be looking a lot better with him rn. Obviously I want a young QB on a rookie deal more but i have no faith that McIdiot will pick the right guy.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I was gonna suggest Wentz as he has connections with Scott Turner. I’d Call up the Commanders for Jacoby Brissett . 

Heard Kirk Cousins is on the block too. This won’t happen

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Another mistake from JMD then. Nothing he's done has given me confidence. Ziegler on the other hand has my applause for his moves this year.

My only issue with Ziegler is I think he allows JMD a lot of leeway and would likely build this a little differently. This coming from what I've heard Hondo reference. And he's the one who signed off on Jimmy G and that contract in the end. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

My only issue with Ziegler is I think he allows JMD a lot of leeway and would likely build this a little differently. This coming from what I've heard Hondo reference. And he's the one who signed off on Jimmy G and that contract in the end. 

I mean inherently I get it because you have to be on the same page. I'm a fan of the skill position and defense moves as a whole though.

12 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Raiders need to make a bold move and name Aidan starting QB. Jimmy has nothing left. Almost reminds me of Matt Ryan last season. 

What would this team looked like with Stidham as the starter? 4-1?

Nobody counted the defense improving like we have seen this season. 

This defense with last years offense and we'd easily be 4-1.  I was just talking to my son about that.  I think our offense ranked 12th last year.  12th offense and roughly 18th defense (probably would be better because we were able sustain drives).  I couldn't imagine how good we could be.  Maybe even a 10 win team.

• Like 2

These two are not to everyone's taste and I'm 50/50 on them but they do make some great points and even though you can't see the video Chris Sims is describing, if you watch the interception back Adams is indeed wide open for a 40 yard gain, perfectly schemed play. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Darbsk said:

These two are not to everyone's taste and I'm 50/50 on them but they do make some great points and even though you can't see the video Chris Sims is describing, if you watch the interception back Adams is indeed wide open for a 40 yard gain, perfectly schemed play. 

Deep routes were open but jimmy has no arm. Who was that guy all off season tryna convince me Jimmy had a legit arm. I think it was the homie the clown avi guy.

• Like 4

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

Deep routes were open but jimmy has no arm. Who was that guy all off season tryna convince me Jimmy had a legit arm. I think it was the homie the clown avi guy.

Yeh, I remember some guy was saying his arm was at least comparable to Carr's 🤔

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

3 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Yeh, I remember some guy was saying his arm was at least comparable to Carr's 🤔

I remember them showing a clip of him taking a shot deep downfield from like 3-4 years ago saying he could throw the ball deep.  

Funny how we are all thinking the same thing.  D. Adams doesn't get the ball because he can't get open, it's because Jimmy G. can't throw the ball further than 10 yards accurately.

7 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Florio is absolutely obnoxious, but as big Better Call Saul fan, calling Jimmy G "Slippin' Jimmy" is a choice knick name and I'm stealing it. 

They are spot on here and you and I've been saying for a couple weeks. The plays are there. So many yards and opportunities are being left on the field because Slippin Jimmy can't get the ball where it needs to go. 

The play calling is a direct reflection of the fact JMD doesn't trust his QB. And that's a problem as he's the one who brought him in. 

• Like 1