Jimmy G Apology Thread

NYRaider

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

What was the Maualuga thread? I remember him as a player but not the thread.

Tony Moeaki - now there’s a FF blast from the past I can recall.

It was when he was in the draft, started innocently but got longer and longer with more and more outlandish takes, it’s probably still here somewhere about 50 pages back!

I don't like Jimmy G at all.  I can't stand how fans think he's such a team player and how he's such a great guy because he was so excited to hold a clipboard and be supportive of the team.  The dude took a three-year, $72.75 million contract knowing his arm was shot and that he wouldn't be able to produce.  I can't believe he even passed a physical.  

If he was such a team player and cared so much about the team, he would've told McDaniels' he didn't have the arm to play in the NFL anymore.  But he took the $72.75 million knowing it would be one last super fat check before he walked off into the sunset.  How could you not sit on the sideline and be supportive knowing you're getting paid millions and that the team has lost complete faith in your ability to play so all you have to do is exercise and go through the motions of being a backup QB every week.  All of us would take a fifth of what he was paid to do what he did without blinking and love every single second of it.

That thought process blows my mind.  The dude robbed the Raiders the same way (if not worse than) JaMarcus Russell did, and we have fans that love the guy still.  I'll never understand it.  Just down on their knees in love with this man.

Watch him decline to take a pay cut.  Watch.

• Like 2

Tony Moeaki - now there’s a FF blast from the past I can recall.

How dare you speak his name without offering up a sacrifice to his image. Prepare to be smitten from the face of the earth.

• Like 3

I said an ungodly amount of times this is what I would have done last offseason:

Sign Baker to a 1 year 10M deal. And do NOT sign Jimmy to a 25M/yr deal. I said many times I think Baker is BETTER straight up than Jimmy. And you save over 50-70% of the contract money. I wanted Baker. 

Trade up to #3 to Arizona (I think Texans were always taking Stroud #2 and were not budging) and take Anthony Richardson. I still think Richardson has superstar potential. 

It’s amazing how the Raiders have been ran by clowns (Mark Davis mostly) for 15 years now. A hardcore non-casual fan (probably over half of this subforum) understands how to build a team better than Mark Davis, and would make better coach hirings. 

Edited by Tank4Drake

36 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

I said an ungodly amount of times this is what I would have done last offseason:

Sign Baker to a 1 year 10M deal. And do NOT sign Jimmy to a 25M/yr deal. I said many times I think Baker is BETTER straight up than Jimmy. And you save over 50-70% of the contract money. I wanted Baker. 

Trade up to #3 to Arizona (I think Texans were always taking Stroud #2 and were not budging) and take Anthony Richardson. I still think Richardson has superstar potential. 

It’s amazing how the Raiders have been ran by clowns (Mark Davis mostly) for 15 years now. A hardcore non-casual fan (probably over half of this subforum) understands how to build a team better than Mark Davis, and would make better coach hirings. 

Always easy as a spectator. 

Just because you want something, doesn't mean you can have it. Athletes have choices where they want to go. in Bakers case he told his agent he wanted to go to Tampa. Liked their roster that Brady had just made the playoffs with. 

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Always easy as a spectator. 

Just because you want something, doesn't mean you can have it. Athletes have choices where they want to go. in Bakers case he told his agent he wanted to go to Tampa. Liked their roster that Brady had just made the playoffs with. 

Pretty sure Jimmy was their first choice outside of Brady, you are giving Mark/Josh/Dave way way WAY too much credit. They are morons. Also, Baker would have came here if you doubled his TB salary, no question. Still cheaper than Jimmy. How did people not see how bad Jimmy was? I’ve been his biggest critic on this forum for years. He’s awful. Had the most stacked offensive roster in the league for years and had no arm strength, and can’t go through progressions to save his life. Also plays hero ball with no arm. 

2 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Pretty sure Jimmy was their first choice outside of Brady, you are giving Mark/Josh/Dave way way WAY too much credit. They are morons. Also, Baker would have came here if you doubled his TB salary, no question. Still cheaper than Jimmy. How did people not see how bad Jimmy was? I’ve been his biggest critic on this forum for years. He’s awful. Had the most stacked offensive roster in the league for years and had no arm strength, and can’t go through progressions to save his life. Also plays hero ball with no arm. 

You must have missed ALL of my posts.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jerry said:

You must have missed ALL of my posts.

You’ve missed all of my post the past five years in NFL General saying Jimmy is the dumbest QB in the league, and has a noodle arm. Niners fans use to hate me over there. Jimmy is my #1 most ragged on QB by far. 

13 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

You’ve missed all of my post the past five years in NFL General saying Jimmy is the dumbest QB in the league, and has a noodle arm. Niners fans use to hate me over there. Jimmy is my #1 most ragged on QB by far. 

Yeah, I did most of my crapping on Jimmy G in the Raiders section.  I rarely ever go look at the posts in NFL General.

My cousin is a 9ers fan and he was crapping on Jimmy G before he ever came to us. 

I kept writing on this forum that I knew he was trash after watching him play in the SB.  I remember saying that you just had to watch that game and you could just tell the 49ers were doing everything they could to win while trying to avoid Jimmy G messing it up for them.  It was their rushing attack and defense that got them to the SB.  Not Jimmy G.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/raiders/raiders-qb-addresses-future-a-lot-of-things-are-out-of-my-control-2978049/

“It was tricky. It was different than any injury I had in the past,” Garoppolo said. “You don’t realize — I mean, you’re on your feet obviously every day — it’s just a little thing that nags you.”

Not playing gave him more time to focus on getting better. He felt right somewhere in November.

“We got to a good point where the last couple of months I haven’t even thought about it,” Garoppolo said. “The rehab went well, and I finally feel like myself again.”

40 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I saw that. Mf was still injured when he signed the deal 🤦🏽‍♂️ Still to this day don’t understand how he passed the physical I bet jmdz pulled some bs out they azz to get him signed. Just embarrassing all the way around 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I saw that. Mf was still injured when he signed the deal 🤦🏽‍♂️ Still to this day don’t understand how he passed the physical I bet jmdz pulled some bs out they azz to get him signed. Just embarrassing all the way around 

I think you’re right. Remember he initially failed his physical so they delayed it a couple of days and then suddenly he was able to pass it. Definitely something sketchy about that whole business.

• Like 1

I think you’re right. Remember he initially failed his physical so they delayed it a couple of days and then suddenly he was able to pass it. Definitely something sketchy about that whole business.

Exactly from the beginning he had to get emergency surgery to fix something he thought was fixed before he could sign iirc

• Like 1