Jimmy G Apology Thread

NYRaider

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I saw that. Mf was still injured when he signed the deal 🤦🏽‍♂️ Still to this day don’t understand how he passed the physical I bet jmdz pulled some bs out they azz to get him signed. Just embarrassing all the way around 

JMD pulled some BS because he figured his infallible system would not only mask Jimmy's injury while he healed, but the Patriot Way and his systems have magical healing powers of their own that would make Joel Osteen blush. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Laughed when I read ‘his season never really took off’. Master of understatement right there, one of the worst Raider QBs I’ve seen and christ, I’ve seen a few terrible ones 😁

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I saw that. Mf was still injured when he signed the deal 🤦🏽‍♂️ Still to this day don’t understand how he passed the physical I bet jmdz pulled some bs out they azz to get him signed. Just embarrassing all the way around 

If he really cared about the team like so many fans think he does, he wouldn't have signed the deal.  The dude is a slimy SOB for putting pen to paper knowing he wouldn't be able to perform this season.

I don't wish him well at all.  He's not some innocent bystander of JMD, he's literally stealing money out of the Raiders' pockets.  If he's the great guy everyone is trying to make him out to be, he'll take a pay cut and accept backup QB money (he won't).

12 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Likely never did pass a physical. Like you said, these doctors are in it for the $. Just like workers comp doctors work straight up for workers comp and say you’re totally fine even if every bone is broken in your body. I’ve never experienced this, but I’ve heard horror stories. 

13 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Likely never did pass a physical. Like you said, these doctors are in it for the $. Just like workers comp doctors work straight up for workers comp and say you’re totally fine even if every bone is broken in your body. I’ve never experienced this, but I’ve heard horror stories. 

Try the opposite. I worked work comp for a few years and got doctors saying this and that guy were still totally disabled from work 4 years after a ankle strain. 

Docs typically don't like saying anyone is fine because it loses them a patient lol. Our team docs have a vested interest in the Raiders though, so I can 100% see them passing Jimmy because Josh says he was needed. 

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

38 pages and not even a year later he's not on the Raiders. As fans we get too excited on the littlest things because were so hungry to be what we once were. The episode of Howie Long on The Rush reminded me of the greatness that the Raiders once were. Glad Maxx is a Raider because we need that culture of greatness back. 

5 hours ago, G said:

38 pages and not even a year later he's not on the Raiders. As fans we get too excited on the littlest things because were so hungry to be what we once were. The episode of Howie Long on The Rush reminded me of the greatness that the Raiders once were. Glad Maxx is a Raider because we need that culture of greatness back. 

Who was excited besides NYRaider? We all knew Jimmy was a steaming pile of dog trash. 

Just like we know AOC and Minshew are two of the worst starters in the league. Although both are MILES better than Jimmy. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

In hindsight (admittedly, I was one of those that wanted to give McDaniels time and a fair shot) as soon as we let Carr go for nothing and then we’re about to pen Garoppolo to an absurdly overpaid deal Mark Davis should have pulled out the old overhead projector 😁

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 1

On 6/29/2024 at 12:43 PM, Tank4Drake said:

Who was excited besides NYRaider? We all knew Jimmy was a steaming pile of dog trash. 

Just like we know AOC and Minshew are two of the worst starters in the league. Although both are MILES better than Jimmy. 

I think the majority of us can agree that these two (AOC and Minshew) are good for 18-24 TDs per year based upon what we've seen from them during their careers.  AOC may grow into a 24-30 TD per season player with the right coaching, but as of right now, they stand in the 18-30 range of current NFL starters.  Heck, Minshew may just be in the best offense he's ever had, so I wouldn't be surprised if it resulted in his best season statistically.  Only one way to find out.

And yes, I was one of the people on this forum that knew we signed garbage (Jimmy G) since day one.  I knew he was a garbage QB after watching him in the SB the 49ers lost a while back.  Glad he's off the team.  I just wish we never paid him any money.  He knew he was robbing us, and I personally think Raiders fans do not dislike/slander him enough.

27 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I think the majority of us can agree that these two (AOC and Minshew) are good for 18-24 TDs per year based upon what we've seen from them during their careers.  AOC may grow into a 24-30 TD per season player with the right coaching, but as of right now, they stand in the 18-30 range of current NFL starters.  Heck, Minshew may just be in the best offense he's ever had, so I wouldn't be surprised if it resulted in his best season statistically.  Only one way to find out.

And yes, I was one of the people on this forum that knew we signed garbage (Jimmy G) since day one.  I knew he was a garbage QB after watching him in the SB the 49ers lost a while back.  Glad he's off the team.  I just wish we never paid him any money.  He knew he was robbing us, and I personally think Raiders fans do not dislike/slander him enough.

The Colts scheme literally was tailor made for Minshew, he crafted his while scheme to revolve around Minshew. I don’t think he’ll do better here. Minshew is a spot starter, nothing more. AOC is the mystery box…. but that mystery box is 85% likely just premium backup quality. It’s a lost season in all likelihood and I’m pretty disappointed in Mark Davis, Telesco, and AP thinking we can win with these two QBs. It reminds me of the Gruden Era again where fans would actually make better decisions. Them being in the locker room with AOC has obviously made them bias. You can’t be bias in this sport. AOC, in all likelihood, is not a starting QB. 

12 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

The Colts scheme literally was tailor made for Minshew, he crafted his while scheme to revolve around Minshew. I don’t think he’ll do better here. Minshew is a spot starter, nothing more. AOC is the mystery box…. but that mystery box is 85% likely just premium backup quality. It’s a lost season in all likelihood and I’m pretty disappointed in Mark Davis, Telesco, and AP thinking we can win with these two QBs. It reminds me of the Gruden Era again where fans would actually make better decisions. Them being in the locker room with AOC has obviously made them bias. You can’t be bias in this sport. AOC, in all likelihood, is not a starting QB. 

And the solution was what? They were not in position to draft a QB. They attempted to trade up, but teams didn't want to move. 

Easy to bash everyone involved, but outside Cousins in FA, there wasn't much opportunity to get a QB.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, big_palooka said:

And the solution was what? They were not in position to draft a QB. They attempted to trade up, but teams didn't want to move. 

Easy to bash everyone involved, but outside Cousins in FA, there wasn't much opportunity to get a QB.

Such a cop out answer. There is no way no team wanted to trade. I never believe post-draft clean-up articles. Just like the Ravens were interested in Leatherwood right? That gave me a good chuckle. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tank4Drake said:

Such a cop out answer. There is no way no team wanted to trade. I never believe post-draft clean-up articles. Just like the Ravens were interested in Leatherwood right? That gave me a good chuckle. 

Wanting to trade and what value they want in a trade are two different things. Did you want them to sell the farm for QB 4, 5 or 6? As 1,2,3 were locks. 

6 QBs were taken in the top 12. All teams ahead of the Raiders had desperate needs at QB and that was reflected. Teams didn't want to move back unless the price was right. 

32 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Wanting to trade and what value they want in a trade are two different things. Did you want them to sell the farm for QB 4, 5 or 6? As 1,2,3 were locks. 

6 QBs were taken in the top 12. All teams ahead of the Raiders had desperate needs at QB and that was reflected. Teams didn't want to move back unless the price was right. 

We could have easily gotten McCarthy without selling the farm. Sure, probably have to give up a 1st, but he’s well worth it imo.