Week 2 GDT: Raiders at Bills | Raiders MAFIA!

NYRaider

Who wins?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Raiders Mafia
    • Bills Mafia

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

Something to think about:

-we brought in genius Josh, supposedly one of the best offenses minds in the game

-got rid of Derek Carr(who many hail as the problem) replaced him with a natural scheme fit and supposedly better in the red zone in Jimmy Garoppolo(literally handpicked for the scheme when he got drafted)

-traded a first & a second for one of the best receivers in the game

-signed a receiver that literally just came from where you came from an already knows you're offense for $11 million

-With a second in one of your third round picks this year you get a tight end and another receiver

And after all that you still have games, where you only score 10 points? 

Oh I’m not a Jimmy or j-z fan in case you didn’t know 

it’s no reason for this offense to be this weak if you have the highest paid wr core you better be lighting it up 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Oh I’m not a Jimmy or j-z fan in case you didn’t know 

it’s no reason for this offense to be this weak if you have the highest paid wr core you better be lighting it up 

I also don't want to hear from anyone Josh Jacobs is out of shape and that's the reason why we weren't able to run the ball. We have four other running backs. You can't get a committee together of at least two of them, and produce something?(not saying this is you)

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

I also don't want to hear from anyone Josh Jacobs is out of shape and that's the reason why we weren't able to run the ball. We have four other running backs. You can't get a committee together of at least two of them, and produce something?(not saying this is you)

Van rotten should have been pulled that was beyond embarrassing 

8 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Something to think about:

-we brought in genius Josh, supposedly one of the best offenses minds in the game

-got rid of Derek Carr(who many hail as the problem) replaced him with a natural scheme fit and supposedly better in the red zone in Jimmy Garoppolo(literally handpicked for the scheme when he got drafted)

-traded a first & a second for one of the best receivers in the game

-signed a receiver that literally just came from where you came from an already knows you're offense for $11 million

-With a second in one of your third round picks this year you get a tight end and another receiver

And after all that you still have games, where you only score 10 points? 

Yeh, that is horrendous mismanagement of resources if it continues, but it is only two games we’re judging off. They have to sort it out but it still us just two games so all is not lost just yet, though I will admit it’s not looking great………..

We all should expect a better offence than last year, that is reasonable and feasible. If the offence is similar to last year or worse then that is a massive failure on the FO’s part.

Offense will get there. Bad 2 weeks run blocking. We know this group can run block as evidenced last season. Maybe they are putting the emphasis on pass pro and need to tweak things. 

Also, Jacobs looks slow right now. How long will it take him to get back in shape? Even pass catching in space, his first 3 steps were slow. Reminded me of 2021. He came on late in the season that year, hoping he picks it up quick here.  

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Offense will get there. Bad 2 weeks run blocking. We know this group can run block as evidenced last season. Maybe they are putting the emphasis on pass pro and need to tweak things. 

Also, Jacobs looks slow right now. How long will it take him to get back in shape? Even pass catching in space, his first 3 steps were slow. Reminded me of 2021. He came on late in the season that year, hoping he picks it up quick here.  

He looks frustrated and not as motivated as last year. The run blocking sucks tho this year vanrotten is just another bars.

8 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I disagree and this season will be proof.  Carr will have a better statical season and the Saints will win more games. 

Well, Garoppolo will have Carrs offence plus a great #2 WR, hopefully Renfrow fit all year, a YAC and deep threat in Tucker, the Oline should in theory be a bit better too. Our offence should be better and noticeably so. If it’s not then there will be an obvious point of reference.

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I hope because after tonight, decent chance we are tied for last place in points. Yes its only 2 games. 
buttttt, this is a bad look. Teams have no fear of the deep shot. They are sitting, and playing the run. 
Our run blocking has always been overrated.

Jimmy is going to struggle if he doesnt at least attempt a few 'deep' targets a game.
26 points through 2 weeks, 14 of them on JMDs scripted opening drives, which look great, and then nothing after. 

3 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

I hope because after tonight, decent chance we are tied for last place in points. Yes its only 2 games. 
buttttt, this is a bad look. Teams have no fear of the deep shot. They are sitting, and playing the run. 
Our run blocking has always been overrated.

Jimmy is going to struggle if he doesnt at least attempt a few 'deep' targets a game.
26 points through 2 weeks, 14 of them on JMDs scripted opening drives, which look great, and then nothing after. 

Kind of reminded me of Gruden's first year here with Carr. We always have a great gameplan/scripted drive to start the game, and things fall off after that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dessie said:

Good find!!!

Man, we should have kept him. After his early career was blighted by injury, Covid and inconsistency he looked like he was turning the corner last year. If he puts it all together he’s got an insane blend of power and quickness.

I really like Silvera though, he just needs reps and experience.

6 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Good find!!!

Man, we should have kept him. After his early career was blighted by injury, Covid and inconsistency he looked like he was turning the corner last year. If he puts it all together he’s got an insane blend of power and quickness.

I really like Silvera though, he just needs reps and experience.

Yeah we could do with Billings teaching Silvera, Jenkins was poor yesterday along with the rest of the interior Dline, they got bullied. 

22 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Yeah we could do with Billings teaching Silvera, Jenkins was poor yesterday along with the rest of the interior Dline, they got bullied. 

Thing is, he’s still only 28 as he was drafted at 21 I think, he’s got low mileage on him so just very surprised they didn’t bring him back. DTs can easily play into their 30s barring injury.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Thing is, he’s still only 28 as he was drafted at 21 I think, he’s got low mileage on him so just very surprised they didn’t bring him back. DTs can easily play into their 30s barring injury.

Yeah definitely NTs they seem to get better as they get older.