Chiefs re-work final year for DT Chris Jones; Will report to team

RaidersAreOne

11 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

So they upped his contract......with what money?? 

Like Jak said.  Likely quite a bit of incentives.   More money upfront.  Some of those incentives could be NLTB and pushed to next year also.   Plenty of ways to do this. 

Best outcome for all parties imo.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

Oh great. We get to revisit this issue beginning next season. Everyone remember your same positions next year......ssshhhhsssshhhhh

Shouldn’t be too hard. I think we’ve all been with the same position this whole time this off-season 

59 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

Oh great. We get to revisit this issue beginning next season. Everyone remember your same positions next year......ssshhhhsssshhhhh

Here’s mine, we’re a considerably better team this afternoon than we were this morning.  Period.  Hopefully we can figure out the rest, he still as of Thursday wanted to retire a Chief, getting a chance for more money this year shouldn’t change that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

I'm guessing he's gone next year. Either tag and trade or they just part ways and we take the comp pick. I don't see anything changing over the course of the year unless he gets hurt and has no choice but to settle.

• Like 1

No franchise tag restrictions, Veach out flanked, out maneuvered, and out played Jones agents.

the only power Jones has at this point that could hurt the Chiefs is to sign a potentially franchise tag immediately which is also hurts him. Veach was playing 4D chess while Jones agents couldn’t even figure out the rules to Go Fish.

• Like 2