Justin Fields

JibjeResearch

11 minutes ago, refundmytickets said:

A lot of teams need QBs. Don't underestimate the demand.

Fields might not be a great QB, but he's a lot more intriguing than Ryan Tannehill or Tyrod Taylor.

Really good point.  

6 minutes ago, G08 said:

Yep, and that's why I think Ryan Poles will take this all the way up until draft day if he doesn't get an offer he likes.

That’s a double edged sword IMO. On one hand, waiting til the FA market for QBs dries up could drive the return up, but also potentially down. Also, not having made our “declaration” on what path we are choosing to go at QB by the start of FA could significantly impact what we look to do at the top of FA.

I suspect Poles may value draft capital certainty heading into FA over squeezing every last possible ounce out of a Fields trade, but that’s just my gut feeling. It could very well come down to the “legal tampering period” (hate that term) when other teams have a better idea what they’ll be able to land from the FA crop of QBs.

That’s if he’s trading Fields. If he’s trading the pick I’ll be floored if it doesn’t happen before FA starts. Trading down to any pick beyond 3 has at least a decent chance to involve players. Not necessarily established studs like Moore last year, but any involved would almost certainly fill a need for a starter somewhere. 

31 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

That’s a double edged sword IMO. On one hand, waiting til the FA market for QBs dries up could drive the return up, but also potentially down. Also, not having made our “declaration” on what path we are choosing to go at QB by the start of FA could significantly impact what we look to do at the top of FA.

I think they know what they want to do, it's just a matter of dotting the i's and crossing the t's.

In terms of the Fields component, he likely will pull the trigger on a deal he loves. If the offers are weak there is no sense in rushing the decision. Let another team fail at getting their QB in free agency and realize they have no shot at drafting a QB they want. Panic will set in real fast.

Remember: regardless of what some fans think, Justin Fields is better than almost half the starting QBs in the NFL. There will be a team chomping at the bit to get him.

• Like 1

Would love to think base-level compensation for JF would be the Darnold trade a couple years ago as a 2nd and 4th, but that was Carolina and we've all seen how inept that organization has been. 

I think the sweet spot for JF in a trade would be any team in the low top 10, early teens, that miss out on one of the top 3 guys. LV, ATL, DEN, NO i think are the most likely to trade a potential 2nd for their QB while maintaining their 1st round pick. PIT is the only other team that I could see, depending on their thoughts on Kenny

3 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

Would love to think base-level compensation for JF would be the Darnold trade a couple years ago as a 2nd and 4th, but that was Carolina and we've all seen how inept that organization has been. 

I think the sweet spot for JF in a trade would be any team in the low top 10, early teens, that miss out on one of the top 3 guys. LV, ATL, DEN, NO i think are the most likely to trade a potential 2nd for their QB while maintaining their 1st round pick. PIT is the only other team that I could see, depending on their thoughts on Kenny

DEN doesn’t have a 2 due to the Sean Payton trade. 

I think the highest pick we might get for Justin Fields, as of today, is New England's second round pick. 

And really that's only if they like the idea of Fields + Marvin Harrison, Jr. greater than Jayden Daniels and maybe Bo Nix or JJ McCarthy... 

22 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Set aside whether you want them to trade Fields or not - if they do, and the return is a 2 this year, a later pick this year and a 2 in 2025 are you satisfied with that?

Personally I think that would be a pretty damn solid return. 

You had me at 2 2nds !

19 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I think if we did go down the road of trading Justin a 2nd & 4th this year with a 2nd next year would be fair all round…not so sure on Kiper thinking we get 8th overall but also not sure why he still has a job hahaha

1.8 is out of the question  !

Thought maybe he meant 2.8, which I would likely accept (top 40), but Kiper doubled down on 1.8 😳

6 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

You had me at 2 2nds !

I agree. I'm a Fields guy (though not a Williams hating one lol), but I don’t see how Poles could turn that down unless he strongly dislikes all 3 potential QBs at the top of the draft. 

4 hours ago, G08 said:

I think the highest pick we might get for Justin Fields, as of today, is New England's second round pick. 

And really that's only if they like the idea of Fields + Marvin Harrison, Jr. greater than Jayden Daniels and maybe Bo Nix or JJ McCarthy... 

I really don’t see the appeal of McCarthy as a starting QB in the NFL. When I watched him I always felt like I saw a guy who was being carried by the great team around him. I admittedly haven’t watched nearly as much of him as the other guys, but he just feels like a massive projection to me. 

3 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I agree. I'm a Fields guy (though not a Williams hating one lol), but I don’t see how Poles could turn that down unless he strongly dislikes all 3 potential QBs at the top of the draft. 

I ADORE JF ❤️ 

He is perfectly wired, soo fun to watch and cheer for !  

I still don't see how Poles can turn down 2 2nds. Getting a new 2nd  plus Tez plus  1.1 and 1.9 this Draft plus now 3 2nds in '25  WoooWW 

23 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Set aside whether you want them to trade Fields or not - if they do, and the return is a 2 this year, a later pick this year and a 2 in 2025 are you satisfied with that?

Personally I think that would be a pretty damn solid return. 

Yes, but I'd also look for more immediate solutions as well..

For example, Washington has 36 and 40 this draft.... I'd consider that to get both the 2nd rounders this year, even without gaining the late rounder, and even if I had to kick back a later round pick to them.

Atlanta, simply has players I'd like. Bijan being the prime example. Would outright do a 1 for 1 trade there. Or even Fields + a mid-late rounder

The giants have Hyatt-WR who would be useful.... and maybe a mid rounder.

There's probably 100 other example scenarios people could come up with, but you get the idea. Basically I'd be impatient towards maximizing value around the new QB this year, as a preference.

EDIT that's all also assuming the 2x 2nds and a mid-late pick are really possible......

Me personally, the best I was expecting was a single early-mid 2nd rounder

Edited by Epyon

6 hours ago, Epyon said:

Yes, but I'd also look for more immediate solutions as well..

For example, Washington has 36 and 40 this draft.... I'd consider that to get both the 2nd rounders this year, even without gaining the late rounder, and even if I had to kick back a later round pick to them.

Atlanta, simply has players I'd like. Bijan being the prime example. Would outright do a 1 for 1 trade there. Or even Fields + a mid-late rounder

The giants have Hyatt-WR who would be useful.... and maybe a mid rounder.

There's probably 100 other example scenarios people could come up with, but you get the idea. Basically I'd be impatient towards maximizing value around the new QB this year, as a preference.

EDIT that's all also assuming the 2x 2nds and a mid-late pick are really possible......

Me personally, the best I was expecting was a single early-mid 2nd rounder

As someone who thought two third picks sounded pretty good I'm finding multiple seconds enticing but still seems unrealistic. 8 overall is like this request letter I wrote to Cindy Crawford in fourth grade...