Chiefs WR Corps

Chiefer

58 minutes ago, KCsb said:

Rice was the best receiver on the field not named Devante Adams.

Rice had the first 100+yard game of his career, this is also the first 100 yard game by a Chiefs rookie since Dwayne Bowe in 2007

He got targets! He produced! 

funny how good the offense can look when the WR room has to play more than 59% of the snaps. Just find a core group and stick with them let them develop a rhythm with Mahomes. 

On 10/12/2023 at 8:49 PM, KC_Guy said:

Not sure how to rank the Chiefs WR right now  ..

MVS has the most snaps, but few targets.
Watson makes the big ones.
Rice is up and coming.
Toney I don't know. Not a big fan. Way too many drops, health and other issues.
Moore looks like a bust. Sorry. Well, not a real bust, but backup level at most. He just seems lost out there way too often.

My current ranking would probably look like this:

Watson - Rice - MVS - Moore - Toney

with Rice taking over the lead in three to four weeks.

I think I pretty much hit it ... may be I was a bit tough on Moore. He's in a foot race with MVS.

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, chiefs82 said:

What do you think this room looks like in 2024?

My realistic guess would be Rice, draft pick, Ross, Watson, Toney, and Moore. I also think a cheaper vet will be added. The big names are Evans, OBJ, Boyd, Samuel, Chark, Ridley, and Higgins. I expect Evans, Ridley, and Higgins to be overpaid by someone. OBJ is a hard pass for me. Boyd, Chark, and Ihrmir Smith-Marsette interest me, but I wouldn't pay them much more than vet minimum -- we're tight in cap space.

I just cannot see any way in justifying paying a 30 year old, under-performing MVS 14mil. We cut him and we save 12mil. I'd also love to trade Moore for a mid to late pick, plus save ~800k, but I doubt that happens. It'd be nice to be able to double dip in a deep WR class.

1 hour ago, chiefs82 said:

What do you think this room looks like in 2024?

They definitely cut MVS. I don't think they bother with Hardman again. Unless he finds more of a role somewhere at the end here, doubt they bring James back. Moore, Toney, and Watson are all cheap, but I wouldn't say their spots are guaranteed depending on who we can add. I think at minimum they add one through free agency and one through the draft. Veteran will be someone reliable at least, to try to capture what JuJu did for us in 2022.

26 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

My realistic guess would be Rice, draft pick, Ross, Watson, Toney, and Moore. I also think a cheaper vet will be added. The big names are Evans, OBJ, Boyd, Samuel, Chark, Ridley, and Higgins. I expect Evans, Ridley, and Higgins to be overpaid by someone. OBJ is a hard pass for me. Boyd, Chark, and Ihrmir Smith-Marsette interest me, but I wouldn't pay them much more than vet minimum -- we're tight in cap space.

I just cannot see any way in justifying paying a 30 year old, under-performing MVS 14mil. We cut him and we save 12mil. I'd also love to trade Moore for a mid to late pick, plus save ~800k, but I doubt that happens. It'd be nice to be able to double dip in a deep WR class.

Honestly, even if MVS were playing better, I think he'd still get cut this offseason. Contract feels structured as though that's basically the plan.

On 11/20/2023 at 11:32 PM, kingseanjohn said:
On 10/10/2023 at 8:37 PM, kingseanjohn said:

No chance. Ignoring contracts, the only WR groups I wouldn't take over ours is the Bears, Cardinals, Falcons, Patriots, and Ravens. Then debatably the Steelers, Texans, Colts, and Titans.

Over a month later and now I’m not sure any team is worse off than us

3 weeks later and I'm confident there are college teams with better WR rooms than us. Ohio State, Texas, and Washington for starters. Also, Embree's gotta go. Like, tonight. Move Pinkston over from RB coach or call up a former player to come in for the rest of the year.