Browns RB Nick Chubb believed to have suffered season-ending knee injury

RaidersAreOne

I dislocated my knee and tore my ACL, MCL, PCL, meniscus, patellar tendon, and quad in high school in a play pretty similar to Chubb's. Prevented me from playing in college and was a looooong recovery. Had to re-learn how to walk with that leg, multiple surgeries, years of physical therapy, will likely need a total knee done by age 40, etc. I felt sick watching that Chubb replay. If his knee dislocated then I just don't see how he ever plays again. Same thing happened to Marcus Lattimore.

Note - I see a lot of people on Twitter confused about knee dislocations. A knee dislocation is when your tibia dislocates from your femur, meaning the bottom half of your leg is dislocated from the top half of the leg (my leg basically made a 45 degree angle to the side). A kneecap dislocation is when your patella dislocates (not a very serious injury).

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

If he's only 80% of what he was, he's still one of the best in the league. Unfortunately, I think that's wishful thinking.

Tonight sucks ***.

It sure looked bad, but remember when Adrian Peterson was injured, he came back and was stronger than ever.  He had the best year of his career the year after a knee injury.  It sounds like Chubb is the same kind of warrior as AP was, so there is some hope for him. 

37 minutes ago, struby3 said:

I dislocated my knee and tore my ACL, MCL, PCL, meniscus, patellar tendon, and quad in high school in a play pretty similar to Chubb's. Prevented me from playing in college and was a looooong recovery. Had to re-learn how to walk with that leg, multiple surgeries, years of physical therapy, will likely need a total knee done by age 40, etc. I felt sick watching that Chubb replay. If his knee dislocated then I just don't see how he ever plays again. Same thing happened to Marcus Lattimore.

Note - I see a lot of people on Twitter confused about knee dislocations. A knee dislocation is when your tibia dislocates from your femur, meaning the bottom half of your leg is dislocated from the top half of the leg (my leg basically made a 45 degree angle to the side). A kneecap dislocation is when your patella dislocates (not a very serious injury).

This sounds like what happened to Teddy Bridgewater too.  His was actually a non-contact injury, but it was really bad.  lSupposedly, he was really lucky it happened at practice because the medical team was there and went right to work on him.  They actually saved his leg because they got to work so quickly.  It was that bad.

36 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Needs to be a flag and a fine.

I mean, it’s awful but what can the sport do? They are (correctly) trying to stamp out high shots, if we then say you can’t tackle at or below the knees - you can only tackle from shoulder to thigh…..I dunno man. 

you’re a kiwi, have you seen what’s happening to rugby with the new laws? It’s ridiculous. Cards and ejections every game 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I mean, it’s awful but what can the sport do? They are (correctly) trying to stamp out high shots, if we then say you can’t tackle at or below the knees - you can only tackle from shoulder to thigh…..I dunno man. 

you’re a kiwi, have you seen what’s happening to rugby with the new laws? It’s ridiculous. Cards and ejections every game 

Rugby players know how to tackle though. Minkah didn't tackle or cut, he bodied his knee. I have watched hours of rugby and football, there are way less catastrophic leg injuries in rugby.

A low left shoulder cut on the leg and Chubb ķeeps playing. 

In rugby Minka would have been penalized.

Learn to tackle.

A left shoulder to the abdominal he is OK.

6 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Fitzpatrick tackle on chubb was dirty

Rolling on someone's knee should be out lawed. 

He may have ruined a hall of fame calibre players career.

No it wasn't, stop. The rules say that you can't go high, so he went low. How do you stop a RB? You Tackle him at the legs.  Every time someone gets hurt, people wanna say it was dirty.

You knownwhat was dirty? The 2 blatantly obvious face mask grabs by Deshaun Watson. 

Unfortunately in Chubbs case it went horribly wrong.

• Like 1