Browns RB Nick Chubb believed to have suffered season-ending knee injury

RaidersAreOne

50 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Yeah, I don't think it was a dirty hit. Certainly not intentionally at least, IMO. Just a truly unfortunate play. I've legit been in a somewhat depressed mood today because of what happened.

Me too 

I would just retire and open a steakhouse across from the cavs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leoric said:

If the NFL considers saying you can’t tackle a running back below the knees, I hope Marion Barber comes out of retirement. 

I remember a interview with Gronk where has said that he (and other players) would rather you hit them high near the head/neck then hit them low at the knees. His reasoning was players legs/knees are their money makers. and 'you dont go low on a guy' making it sound like it was some sort of unspoken rule among players.

Fitzpatrick putting the crown of his helmet directly into the kneecaps of Nick Chubb soooo hard that Nicks knee knocked Fitzpatrick out is excessive as hell.

I dont think he meant to do it or injure him, I think he just didnt want to get ran over going high. I just wish he aimed for the thighs and not the kneecaps of a player.

Im also personally frustrated because this crap always happens against the Steelers. Its always them who take it one step too far with the aggression and it always winds up with a Browns player being injured or suspended. Every effing time.

Edited by AkronsWitness

4 hours ago, clarkfn2284 said:

Saw a Dr. talking about this last night. Said the blood vessel behind the knee essentially tears when the dislocation happens and if it does it makes healing much more difficult because of the lack of blood flow to assist in healing. 

So it is the popliteal artery that the Dr was referring to. Which is what was referenced above. Dr also referenced the Lattimore injury.

Yeah, the last thing I remember before they put me under was the doctor telling his nurses that he suspected arterial damage and they would likely have to amputate above my knee. I'm sure he thought that I was already under, but I remember it so vividly and woke up not knowing if I still had both legs. Pretty F'd up. I did have some nerve damage that still makes me feel nauseous if my knee buckles and it's been over 15 years now. I just feel so bad for Chubb if he did indeed dislocate his knee. Such a nasty injury.

Edit - Just saw that Chubb was released and has already returned to Cleveland, so I doubt he dislocated his knee. I'd be surprised if they let him travel so soon after a knee dislocation.

Edited by struby3

3 hours ago, AP_allday2869 said:

I would be pretty shocked if Marion Barber came out of retirement. 

Really it was just the first bruising running back I thought of that had no other real skills. If the NFL considers anything changing the tackle rules on running backs look for the reemergence of just straight power backs. They can be horrible at everything else but with soft tackling added to the rules we’re getting a ton of Lendale Whites. 

1 minute ago, Leoric said:

Really it was just the first bruising running back I thought of that had no other real skills. If the NFL considers anything changing the tackle rules on running backs look for the reemergence of just straight power backs. They can be horrible at everything else but with soft tackling added to the rules we’re getting a ton of Lendale Whites. 

... Should someone tell him?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Leoric said:

a69efcea-573b-4601-811f-cdb7fad14757_tex