Browns RB Nick Chubb believed to have suffered season-ending knee injury

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, VigilantZombie said:

No it wasn't, stop. The rules say that you can't go high, so he went low. How do you stop a RB? You Tackle him at the legs.  Every time someone gets hurt, people wanna say it was dirty.

You knownwhat was dirty? The 2 blatantly obvious face mask grabs by Deshaun Watson. 

Unfortunately in Chubbs case it went horribly wrong.

Yeah the slew of Browns fans calling the hit dirty here and on social media are full of cope and looking for someone to blame.

Dude is 230 pounds and wrecks would be tacklers nearly every time he touches the ball.  You don’t try to tackle that dude up around the shoulder pads.

Terrible outcome, but not dirty at all.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I have an issue with him leading with the crown and it’s largely why he himself got hurt.

Did you actually see the replay? I mean the up close replay or did you just see what they showed on TV?

Because this morning I saw the actual up close replay.  One player tackled him at the arms up top. MInkah was on the ground, Chubb was driven into the side of Minkah by the other tackler, (couldn't tell who it was) and let's just say Chubbs knee was "hyper extended" in a way a leg should never be able to bend. From what I could see on that up close replay, Minkah's helmet never touched Chubbs knee. This isn't the complete, full speed context because it doesn't show the full panned out view, but I wasnt a dirty hit.

Edited by VigilantZombie

14 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I have an issue with him leading with the crown and it’s largely why he himself got hurt.

Minkah? Minkah was hurt diving for the Tackle on the Jerome Ford big run, I was under the impression on the Chubb injury Minkah stayed down because he got landed on.

Edited by VigilantZombie

4 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Rugby players know how to tackle though. Minkah didn't tackle or cut, he bodied his knee. I have watched hours of rugby and football, there are way less catastrophic leg injuries in rugby.

A low left shoulder cut on the leg and Chubb ķeeps playing. 

In rugby Minka would have been penalized.

Learn to tackle.

A left shoulder to the abdominal he is OK.

So make that the rule then. You have to wrap

8 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

So make that the rule then. You have to wrap

Wanna hear the irony?

Proper form tackles we teach youth, face mask in numbers, one arm around a leg, other around the waist - has been deemed illegal too because of the facemask to the chest sliding up being called leading with the crown of the helmet. 

• Like 2

Just now, warfelg said:

Wanna hear the irony?

Proper form tackles we teach youth, face mask in numbers, one arm around a leg, other around the waist - has been deemed illegal too because of the facemask to the chest sliding up being called leading with the crown of the helmet. 

Sigh 

34 minutes ago, VigilantZombie said:

Minkah? Minkah was hurt diving for the Tackle on the Jerome Ford big run, I was under the impression on the Chubb injury Minkah stayed down because he got landed on.

He was also hurt on the same play and had to be taken off the field

eb96c838f90248f1dd7a5636f6eb2501.gif

The lowest I’ve been since 1995 without question. I’ve gone from angry in ‘95 to optimistic in 1999, to cynical with the Hue years, to depressed, to outright angry post Watson trade, to at least justifying my fandom due to Chubb, to coming to terms with the Rapist being here 4 more years and no end in sight.

Congratulations NFL UNIVERSE, you win. I no longer care.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

eb96c838f90248f1dd7a5636f6eb2501.gif

The lowest I’ve been since 1995 without question. I’ve gone from angry in ‘95 to optimistic in 1999, to cynical with the Hue years, to depressed, to outright angry post Watson trade, to at least justifying my fandom due to Chubb, to coming to terms with the Rapist being here 4 more years and no end in sight.

Congratulations NFL UNIVERSE, you win. I no longer care.

…go OSU?