Browns RB Nick Chubb believed to have suffered season-ending knee injury

RaidersAreOne

15 hours ago, struby3 said:

I dislocated my knee and tore my ACL, MCL, PCL, meniscus, patellar tendon, and quad in high school in a play pretty similar to Chubb's. Prevented me from playing in college and was a looooong recovery. Had to re-learn how to walk with that leg, multiple surgeries, years of physical therapy, will likely need a total knee done by age 40, etc. I felt sick watching that Chubb replay. If his knee dislocated then I just don't see how he ever plays again. Same thing happened to Marcus Lattimore.

Note - I see a lot of people on Twitter confused about knee dislocations. A knee dislocation is when your tibia dislocates from your femur, meaning the bottom half of your leg is dislocated from the top half of the leg (my leg basically made a 45 degree angle to the side). A kneecap dislocation is when your patella dislocates (not a very serious injury).

Saw a Dr. talking about this last night. Said the blood vessel behind the knee essentially tears when the dislocation happens and if it does it makes healing much more difficult because of the lack of blood flow to assist in healing. 

So it is the popliteal artery that the Dr was referring to. Which is what was referenced above. Dr also referenced the Lattimore injury.

Edited by clarkfn2284

7 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Not the first time he has been accused of being dirty 

And it's not the first time you'd be wrong. It wasn't a diety hit. It was a hit dictated by the rules. He went low to stop an elite RB because the rules say he can't go high without being flagged and fined.

So please do tell, how was he supposed to tackle him I'd he isn't allowed to tackle at the legs? Was he supposed to just stand there and let Chubb run by?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Yeah, I don't think it was a dirty hit. Certainly not intentionally at least, IMO. Just a truly unfortunate play. I've legit been in a somewhat depressed mood today because of what happened.

I will say this, and it's not the fault of the player, it's the fault of the NFL. Is going low far more dangerous than tackling chest level and risking helmet collisions? Absolutely.  But until the NFL accepts that, and they might never to do, the harsh reality is what happened to Chubb last night will happen again to someone else.