2023 GDT Week #3 DA Pittsburgh Steelers Visit Las Vegas Da Raiders

Steeler Hitman

Who Ya Got This Week?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Do the Steelers go to 2-1 with a win in Vegas?

• Yeah, They do it in typical Steelers ugly fashion!
    • No, They lose in typical Steelers ugly fashion!
    • Neither. They Tie in typical Steelers ugly fashion!

2 hours ago, DR43 said:

My current mock:

Round 1: Rome Odunze WR Washington
Round 2: Ruke Orhorhoro DE Clemson
Round 3: Max Melton CB Rutgers
Round 4a: Cedric Gray ILB North Carolina
Round 4b: Christian Haynes OG UConn
Round 6: Lathan Ransom S Ohio State
Round 7: Jayden Daniels QB LSU

Center has moved up my list for next year.  ILB has moved down.  Still a DE/Cam replacement is very high

I'm still not as concerned about KP as most.  

There's lots of comments that still leads to this being a fluke rather than a change.  Even if it's not a fluke, there's still a lot of very concerning comments.  Najee made comments about the RB's finally talking to the OL/OC about what they want in blocking, so you get to see more power inside blocking schemes rather than stretch zone blocking.  Kenny made comments about getting into more favorable downs so it unlocks more of the playbook, so teams kinda know that the surprise plays won't happen on regular downs.  Korza pointed out how we haven't pulled a C or G on a run play all year so when it happens on PA it's a dead giveaway what's happening.

My upside as to why I'm not as concerned about Kenny is that no one was WIDE open (aside from the sprint out but to my delight that was design of play) that he was hitting on passes.  He was making good reads to the right players and making the right placement of throws.  He's right that when they are balanced it really helps him out.  He might need the run-run-pa type of balance, but he needs a run game that can get 4 YPC so windows are a little bigger.

I really think Kenny needs the true freedom at the line to take the next step.  He needs to be able to audible out of runs and into bubble screens/slants/outs when the box is stacked.  He needs to be able to give a kill call when he sees a cover-2 shell.  His lack of freedom to do those things is going to always hold back him and the offense.

• Like 1

https://x.com/RenegadeAdam/status/1706152713350758504?s=20

AFC North passing leaders Kenny Pickett 689 4 TDs 3 INTs Deshaun Watson 678 4 TDs 2 ints Lamar Jackson 608 yards 2 TDs 1 INT Joe Burrow 304 yards 2 TDS 1 INT Only 1 has played 2 top 5 defenses (Steelers)

Why isn't embedding working?

Edited by warfelg

58 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Center has moved up my list for next year.  ILB has moved down.  Still a DE/Cam replacement is very high

Yea Cole seems to have taken a step back, as with Chuks and Wallace.

Cant go wrong next year with some combo of OL/DL/secondary/WR

20 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Hard for a defense NOT to line up within 10 yards of the LOS

I felt like the announcers were making some not so subtle jabs at our offense last night. Things like, "if you see that many guys at the LOS constantly, you've got to throw." If we threw just once or twice from under center we could really do some damage. 

Rather interesting development that I spotted yesterday:

Typically Tomlin has always been a "injured guys stay at home" type coach, and that broke in 2019 when Ben was on the sideline at home games.

Cam Heyward was at yesterdays game, wearing a headset, and communicating in it.

I'm not very worried about KP, I think he did a good job overall improvising in a really poor overall pass blocking effort and some terrible play calls. He did have a couple throws he shouldn't have made although the one, I'm pretty sure whoever the target was, I don't recall, the receiver ran the wrong route or something because Peters almost took that to the house.