The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

4 hours ago, e16bball said:

I haven’t watched the practice yet, but it’s killing me reading the national draftnik guys raving about so many of my absolute favorites — Fuaga, Powers-Johnson, McConkey.

One downside of the new Senior Bowl format is that all the secrets are going to get out now — can’t even hide the underclassmen who are badasses anymore.

They all killed it!!!

On 1/30/2024 at 12:06 PM, Slappy Mc said:

One thing I need to ask everyone here, and specifically @taylor made, is why has Sam Howell fallen from grace so far that he isn't a viable QB to have on the roster at all? 

Everyone wants the QBotF, I get it. What if that's just not in the cards this year? What if, like I have said before, this upcoming season is going to be another rough, rebuilding, transition year for us? What if we signed a veteran QB to actually compete with Howell? Is everyone so hellbent on drafting a QB that there isn't any other option? 

I feel like everyone is so desperate for the QBotF that the long term goals aren't being addressed. We cannot forget that this is not a functional roster from top to bottom. There are probably only 4 players that will be here in 3 years. The instant satisfaction route is Dan Snyder type stuff and really, I would rather the team be built correctly and built to last. 

I'm actually fine with bringing back Howell for another year... even as starter. That doesn't make me think he'll be any good and he can be the tank commander again. But if we draft Drake Maye, it puts us in an awkward spot with Sam being on the roster as well. And you might be able to get a draft pick out of him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

https://x.com/iambrianhines/status/1753139341637955775?s=20

Not going to lie. I'd be extremely disappointed if they don't take Maye. You can't pass on QB at 2 yet again. You just can't.

I wouldn't be too upset depending on what we did. If we stayed at two and didn't take a QB, I think we would be wasting an opportunity to maximize value. If we traded the pick to a QB needy team for a haul and ended up with MHJr or Alt/Fashanu, or Bowers I would be fine with missing on a QB. In my mind, if the pick is made at #2, it has to be a QB (even though I want and would be cool with MHJr or Alt), just because people are "sure" multiple QBs go early.

I also am not sure that Quinn is the best person to draft a rookie QB with. His OC hire has to have experience with QBs. Its a must regardless of what we do in the draft.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

I wouldn't be too upset depending on what we did. If we stayed at two and didn't take a QB, I think we would be wasting an opportunity to maximize value. If we traded the pick to a QB needy team for a haul and ended up with MHJr or Alt/Fashanu, or Bowers I would be fine with missing on a QB. In my mind, if the pick is made at #2, it has to be a QB (even though I want and would be cool with MHJr or Alt), just because people are "sure" multiple QBs go early.

I also am not sure that Quinn is the best person to draft a rookie QB with. His OC hire has to have experience with QBs. Its a must regardless of what we do in the draft.

If this team passes on a QB at 2 again and Daniels and Maye end up like Tua and Herbert and we labor for the next couple years trying to find one I’ll probably be done. There’s no point and they aren’t serious about winning. 

10 hours ago, lavar703 said:

https://x.com/iambrianhines/status/1753139341637955775?s=20

Not going to lie. I'd be extremely disappointed if they don't take Maye. You can't pass on QB at 2 yet again. You just can't.

Let’s say something happens with Maye. He’s hurt bad, interviews poorly, whatever. he’s out at #2. 
you going Jayden then despite you not liking him?

Brock Bowers
TEGeorgia
Graham Barton
OGDuke
Jackson Powers-Johnson
OCOregon
Darius Robinson
EDGEMissouri
Tommy Eichenberg
LBOhio State
Khyree Jackson
CBOregon
Dominick Puni
OTKansas
Christian Jones
OTTexas
Maema Njongmeta
LBWisconsin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Let’s say something happens with Maye. He’s hurt bad, interviews poorly, whatever. he’s out at #2. 
you going Jayden then despite you not liking him?

My personal dislike of the way he plays doesn’t mean I think they should pass on him. My biggest fear with Daniels is that this season was a mirage and his just utter refusal to slide. I won’t dismiss his talent. He’s got a ton of it. 

Edited by lavar703

Olumuyiwa Fashanu OT Penn State

Troy Fautanu OG Washington

Xavier Legette WR South Carolina
Malachi Corley WR Western Kentucky
Jaylan Ford LB Texas
Darius Robinson EDGE Missouri

Jaden Hicks S Washington State
Khyree Jackson CB Oregon
Tanor Bortolini OC Wisconsin
Brevyn Spann-Ford TE Minnesota

Gabe Hall----Think that draft is pretty good hall

53 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

My personally dislike of the way he plays doesn’t mean I think they should pass on him. My biggest fear with Daniels is that this season was a mirage and his just utter refusal to slide. I won’t dismiss his talent. He’s got a ton of it. 

I think I am in the same boat even if you and I have different views on JD. We can't pass on a QB again. Take your shot regardless. You're gonna backfill with 4 more Top 100 guys after him. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

NFL Rumors 

REPORT: 

USC Caleb Williams reportedly does not want the Chicago Bears to pick him.

Williams would like to play with the Commanders or Raiders.

I think there's far too much smoke around this for it not to be true. I will add, if he's already doing things like this I almost don't want him either. I'm certainly not giving up multiple picks to do it. Let the Raiders do it if that's the case. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

I think there's far too much smoke around this for it not to be true. I will add, if he's already doing things like this I almost don't want him either. I'm certainly not giving up multiple picks to do it. Let the Raiders do it if that's the case. 

From what I’ve seen him not wanting to play for Chicago is gaining steam. 

Ken Johannesen

The Commanders met with the following players at the East-West Shrine game:

Jordan Travis, QB, Florida State
David White, WR, Western Carolina
Dallin Holker, TE, Colorado State
Christian Mahogany, OG, Boston College
Dylan McMahon, OC, N.C. State

Some players on defense to be listed this afternoon.