The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

20 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

It’ll be really interesting to see what happens if Caleb Williams comes out and says he doesn’t want to play for the Bears. 

I don't think that matters. If he wants to piss away his NFL career that's on him. 

As an aside, I personally don't want any player "telling a team not to draft them". That is a big character red flag to me. 

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

I don't think that matters. If he wants to piss away his NFL career that's on him. 

As an aside, I personally don't want any player "telling a team not to draft them". That is a big character red flag to me. 

The last 2 guys to do it won 2 super bowls each

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

The last 2 guys to do it won 2 super bowls each

To be fair, Eli Manning has never been a good QB. And I felt the same way about the situation with SD and Eli. 

Also, Indianapolis did draft Elway, then he got traded. Elway worked leverage that he would play baseball instead. 

It's a big deal for sure IMO. I want nothing to do with a rookie QB telling a team, I won't play for you.

23 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

To be fair, Eli Manning has never been a good QB. And I felt the same way about the situation with SD and Eli. 

Also, Indianapolis did draft Elway, then he got traded. Elway worked leverage that he would play baseball instead. 

It's a big deal for sure IMO. I want nothing to do with a rookie QB telling a team, I won't play for you.

I don’t like it either but the player is entitled to that. If they don’t want to be drafted by someone I think it’s actually honorable to let the team know and then the team can trade the pick or draft someone else.

I mean why draft a player who doesn’t want to play for you?

That means they won’t like playing for the team and they’re almost certain to leave as FA when their rookie deal is up.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t like it either but the player is entitled to that. If they don’t want to be drafted by someone I think it’s actually honorable to let the team know and then the team can trade the pick or draft someone else.

I mean why draft a player who doesn’t want to play for you?

That means they won’t like playing for the team and they’re almost certain to leave as FA when their rookie deal is up.

I guarantee 100% of the players behind those entitled *** spoiled players would accept any team and make the best of it. 

You want to choose where you go, get through your rookie contract and do what Cousins did. 

These are highly paid athletes, not 9-5ers. There is nothing "honorable" about telling someone you won't play for them don't pick me. It's highly unprofessional and a serious red flag. 

If I hear those words come from his mouth, I will never support him in his career. Don't care if he plays here or elsewhere. 

Well I know it’s smoke screen season. So the Bears wanting a historical haul pretty much eliminates us from a trade up. First off there’s a trade value chart. They are trying so hard to drum up hype on this draft. I love the media narrative that this is such a great QB draft. Yes there’s a bunch. But if they were legit great there wouldn’t be the need to hype it. The questions on each prospect are staggering. You know what isn’t staggering? Questions about this OL class. Questions around the WR class. Alt MHJ or Rome even Nabers. Personally I think Rome is a dog!!! They say you can’t have a number two pick and not pick QB. But the truth is it happens year after year because the mark up on the QB in the media doesn’t match what teams actually feel about them

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Well I know it’s smoke screen season. So the Bears wanting a historical haul pretty much eliminates us from a trade up. First off there’s a trade value chart. They are trying so hard to drum up hype on this draft. I love the media narrative that this is such a great QB draft. Yes there’s a bunch. But if they were legit great there wouldn’t be the need to hype it. The questions on each prospect are staggering. You know what isn’t staggering? Questions about this OL class. Questions around the WR class. Alt MHJ or Rome even Nabers. Personally I think Rome is a dog!!! They say you can’t have a number two pick and not pick QB. But the truth is it happens year after year because the mark up on the QB in the media doesn’t match what teams actually feel about them

Bro is speaking my language. Love all of this. Especially the part about the O-Line prospects. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Adam Schefter on ESPN just now:

"Speaking to Washington, it doesn't feel like they're inclined to give up what it'll take to get to No. 1."

Time for us to come out with "Washington wants fair value for the #2 pick, nothing historic". 

The #Jets have yet to make a contract offer to star pass rusher Bryce Huff and he’s set to test free agency, says @Connor_J_Hughes 

Connor says it seems “wildly unlikely” that the Jets keep Huff on the team. Huff also isn’t going to give a hometown discount.

Read More Here: sny.tv/articles/jets-…

5 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

The #Jets have yet to make a contract offer to star pass rusher Bryce Huff and he’s set to test free agency, says @Connor_J_Hughes 

Connor says it seems “wildly unlikely” that the Jets keep Huff on the team. Huff also isn’t going to give a hometown discount.

Read More Here: sny.tv/articles/jets-…

Definitely something to look in to. If somehow Burns makes it to FA, he would be my preference. 

4 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Come on dude. We all know they’re picking a QB.