The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

Finally got around to watching Edgerrin Cooper...and holy smokes. That dude is a friggin' heat seeking missile. I have no clue how he's projected outside of the first round?

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Finally got around to watching Edgerrin Cooper...and holy smokes. That dude is a friggin' heat seeking missile. I have no clue how he's projected outside of the first round?

Been on this train for a while. Dude has a tendency to overpursue, but constantly playing fast and hard. We have lots of talent that could be available in the 2nd round. Wish we had 6 2nd round picks haha.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Pretty much bc he’s a linebacker. Some pundits are sneaking him into late first stuff but yeah if this was 10 years ago who knows. 

• Like 2

I am not particularly bothered by the qbs age, 24 year old qbs have plenty of miles to be a franchise qb.  But with Jayden Daniels, the one thing that concerns me with it is the bean pole frame.  If he was 21 you would assume he will put on more weight but I am not sure we can expect him to truly fill out as he is a bit older.

• Like 2

Some of the Guys who I would love with a realistic chance to get. 

WR- M. Corley and M. Washington 

OL- G. Barton and C. Beebe

TE- B. Sinnott

LB- E. Cooper and C. Gray 

CB- J. Jones

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

14 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Some of the Guys who I would love with a realistic chance to get. 

WR- M. Corley and M. Washington 

OL- G. Barton and C. Beebe

TE- B. Sinnott

LB- E. Cooper and C. Gray 

CB- J. Jones

I haven’t done a lot of corner work yet, but all the other names have come up many times on my lists. Good list. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I haven’t done a lot of corner work yet, but all the other names have come up many times on my lists. Good list. 

Jarrian Jones. I think he could play outside or slot. Very fast and good size at 6’ 190.

• Like 1

It sounds like Joey Bosa has a legitimate shot of getting cut by the Chargers. I would call them up and offer them a 5th round pick for him. I doubt he'd sign here as a FA but I'd take a swing on him getting healthy and rebounding. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

It sounds like Joey Bosa has a legitimate shot of getting cut by the Chargers. I would call them up and offer them a 5th round pick for him. I doubt he'd sign here as a FA but I'd take a swing on him getting healthy and rebounding. 

What would you be willing to pay him?

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

He has two years remaining on his contract I would just let him play that out. 

The Athletic 
He has two years remaining on his deal. A trading team will be taking on cap hits of $22 million in 2024 and $25.36 million in 2025 — still big but much more palatable than his current structure.Jan 29, 2024

IMO 48 million over 2 years is a lot for a guy who has only played 14 games in the last 2 years. 

21 hours ago, lavar703 said:

He’s grown on me too after studying him more. I think he can be the MLB we need.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:
The Athletic 
He has two years remaining on his deal. A trading team will be taking on cap hits of $22 million in 2024 and $25.36 million in 2025 — still big but much more palatable than his current structure.Jan 29, 2024

IMO 48 million over 2 years is a lot for a guy who has only played 14 games in the last 2 years. 

But that’s why you can get a player of his caliber for a 5th. We have a ton of cap space this would be a way to utilize it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

But that’s why you can get a player of his caliber for a 5th. We have a ton of cap space this would be a way to utilize it.

I guess it will come down to how aggressive AP will be in acquiring players outside of the draft. 

1 minute ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I guess it will come down to how aggressive AP will be in acquiring players outside of the draft. 

Just my opinion, but we only have 9 draft picks right now. They have to add players outside of the draft. They could wait till after the draft, but as others have suggested then you are getting lower quality players similar to what Rivera did during his tenure.