The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

That's like saying JJ McCarthy took the Wolverines to the college championship or that Trent Dilfer led the Baltimore Ravens to the SB. Sure you could technically say that, but we all know that's not why they got there.

McCarthy is being linked to the Giants 

11 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

McCarthy is being linked to the Giants 

I know there are some here that like him too... I just really don't see it. He looks like a mid-round pick to me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

I know there are some here that like him too... I just really don't see it. He looks like a mid-round pick to me. 

JJ McCarthy should be a 3rd round pick. 

• Like 2

Simulator mock: 

#2 (1st): QB Jayden Daniels, LSU - seems to fit what they are trying to build

#36 (2nd): WR Keon Coleman, FSU - big bodied WR we don't have

#40 (2nd): OT Kingsley Suamataia, BYU - former 5 star recruit is naturally talented but needs to be coached up

#67 (3rd): HB Jonathon Brooks, Texas - BPA pick, I think he's the best RB in this class and he fell to the early 3rd

#78 (3rd): CB Max Melton, Rutgers - can play inside or outside at CB

#100 (3rd): OG Christian Mahogany, Boston College - Powerful road grader at guard

#139 (5th): LB Jaylen Ford, Texas - backup linebacker

#152 (5th): EDGE Mohamed Kamara, Colorado State - I wanted to grab a DE earlier but it never made sense BPA wise. 

#222 (7th): K Cameron Little, Arkansas - I've read that the 6th and 7th Round this year are looked at as extremely weak compared to other years, so why not just grab a kicker for competition. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Simulator mock: 

#40 (2nd): OT Kingsley Suamataia, BYU - former 5 star recruit is naturally talented but needs to be coached up

#67 (3rd): HB Jonathon Brooks, Texas - BPA pick, I think he's the best RB in this class and he fell to the early 3rd

#100 (3rd): OG Christian Mahogany, Boston College - Powerful road grader at guard

#152 (5th): EDGE Mohamed Kamara, Colorado State - I wanted to grab a DE earlier but it never made sense BPA wise. 

#222 (7th): K Cameron Little, Arkansas - I've read that the 6th and 7th Round this year are looked at as extremely weak compared to other years, so why not just grab a kicker for competition. 

Melton in the 3rd and Kamara in the 5th would be nice steals. 

24 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Simulator mock: 

Would be pretty happy with this. Hit on all of our needs and got some really good prospects. Really like what Kamara showed in drills at the combine, could be a steal. 

37 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

It's part of why I think the pick swaps for Howell made a lot of sense. Move up in the draft rather than back fill later picks. 

9 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I think we just got more value for Howell than the Steelers did for Pickett. 

Definitely. A 3rd for a 4th, Pickett and two 7ths in 2025...

3 draft picks and one QB for a 3rd round pick (late 3rd at that)

Pretty brutal to be honest for the Steelers.

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

Definitely. A 3rd for a 4th, Pickett and two 7ths in 2025...

3 draft picks and one QB for a 3rd round pick (late 3rd at that)

Pretty brutal to be honest for the Steelers.

I think it was quoted wrong. I think it was a 3rd and the two 7th for Pickett and the 4th. Still awaiting confirmation, but that made more sense. 

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I think it was quoted wrong. I think it was a 3rd and the two 7th for Pickett and the 4th. Still awaiting confirmation, but that made more sense. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

"The Steelers will receive a 2024 third-round pick (No. 98) and two 2025 seventh-round picks in exchange for Pickett and a 2024 fourth-round pick (No. 120), sources told Schefter."

Yep. You are right. 

That's still not better than Howells return, but at least they got extra picks. 

Values Pickett as a mid 4th.

9 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

"The Steelers will receive a 2024 third-round pick (No. 98) and two 2025 seventh-round picks in exchange for Pickett and a 2024 fourth-round pick (No. 120), sources told Schefter."

Yep. You are right. 

That's still not better than Howells return, but at least they got extra picks. 

Values Pickett as a mid 4th.

The 4th round pick goes to the Eagles right .. and this is a FIRST round QB not a 5th like Howell ! That 2022 QB class is a complete bust! at this point ..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

It’s off the field for me and it’s the plays and windows that translate for me. And his wheels are sneaky and he’s young and I just see a ton there. It’s what everyone sees with Maye but isn’t seeing because of such little volume. But throw for throw I think he’s got it for what works in the NFL is really all it is for me. The handling the noise and doing his job that’s what it takes in the NFL. We always talk about we never get to scout behind the helmet as fans but that team wasn’t doing jack in the playoffs before. Like to say he’s the product okay that’s fair but this team isn’t better than Burrows. This team wasn’t better then any of Tua’s, Young’s, Hurts, Bama Squads and they all got drafted super high and they had bigger questions about their play style then McCarthy because JJ shows NFL throw capability and he ain’t have any of those guys catching passes for him not even close