The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

Guys, tell me what you know/think about Jalen McMillan. I didn't watch too many Washington games this year. And I've been watching some highlights of his recently and I'm liking what I see so far. He's not a 1st rounder but I think he could be an option in the 3rd (could've been a 2nd rounder if he had come out in 2022 but was injured last year).

Guy is an under the radar type of player. Sneaky fast. Very fluid in his movements and his breaks. Looks like he isn't even trying to run fast, and yet he does (see his combine 2nd 40yd dash run and you'll see what I'm saying)

What do you guys think of him?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Guys, tell me what you know/think about Jalen McMillan. I didn't watch too many Washington games this year. And I've been watching some highlights of his recently and I'm liking what I see so far. He's not a 1st rounder but I think he could be an option in the 3rd (could've been a 2nd rounder if he had come out in 2022 but was injured last year).

Guy is an under the radar type of player. Sneaky fast. Very fluid in his movements and his breaks. Looks like he isn't even trying to run fast, and yet he does (see his combine 2nd 40yd dash run and you'll see what I'm saying)

He can create separation, and has some good YAC. Kind of reminds me of a Terry McLaurin. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yup. Look at this. Doesn't it seem like he's just jogging and he still runs a 4.48?

https://www.seahawks.com/video/university-of-washington-wide-receiver-jalen-mcmillan-runs-40-yard-dash-at-2024-combine

Yeah, he's super smooth. Definitely under the radar and I like him. UW has 3 great WR prospects this year, but I'm wary of UW offensive prospects. Lots of busts over the years - John Ross, Reggie Williams, Dante Pettis, Drew Sample. They've been somewhat better on the defensive side. But I mean one of the prospects has to hit this year... right?

• Like 2

On 3/25/2024 at 8:41 PM, Thaiphoon said:

So I really don't care, at the end of the day, if it's Penix, or JJ, or Drake, or Jayden, or Bo. 

I just want a freakin' QB! 

And it starts at QB.

They HAVE to get this right. And quite frankly, I don't care if it's Bo Nix or anyone else. Just as long as whoever they pick turns out to be the RIGHT choice and helps win games for us. 

Think about it. If we end up with 3 Lombardis in like 12 years like the 80s and 90s, will anyone care if we selected JJ over Drake? Or Penix over all of them?

No.

And again...it starts at QB.

I just want to win, fellas. I'm tired of this game of plugging in QBs that don't fit, not developing them, losing, and then we wash-rinse-repeat for the next 30+ years.

So I'm gonna trust him on this one. 

But man, in a few years if he's wrong, I'm gonna flame the heck out of him (and especially since Commanders Park is very local to me)

I concur. Well said. I want Williams but will settle for Daniels. Yes I want my team to pick my guy but is that better than GETTING IT RIGHT. Absolutely not.  I just hope they get it right that's what is paramount to me. Look I was born and raised here in Big D and has always been a Skins fan. You think I like having to put up with this losing **** down here. Enough said. GET IT RIGHT PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

This class is loaded!! Honestly I’ve said this a bunch recently but this might actually become the best WR class ever. He could go anywhere from mid 2-4 just simply because of teams style of player their searching for and the loaded talent at that position. He’s a smooth athlete. He reminds me of Boldin the way he runs but he’s def faster. But it’s just how smooth and effortless everything looks in his stride and cuts. I mean you just have so much juice and size in this class that a lot of guys going day 2 or 3 would be a day higher in most classes.
I mean 3 WR’s are in my top 6 overall in this class. And I love all 3 of them. Heck the player I was highest on of all of them last year who probably is actually the best most complete player in this class in Nabors is just an animal. Marvin is just different. Not many guys his size have finesse like he does which clearly is in his blood. But he plays to his size. Then Rome honestly has the highest between the ears grade I’ve ever given. The man stayed after the combine and ran the 3 cone 7 times until he got the time he set out to hit.

Then you have Coleman who I love for us with what we already have but then I want Worthy because good lord we could possibly have the best top 3 best Route runners collectively at WR.  but I think we need a Coleman or Oregon’s  type WR the most because they are just chain movers. Actually I’m higher then a lot of guys on the Oregon’s WR his name is escaping me because years of scouting names just don’t stick anymore 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 4209 said:

I concur. Well said. I want Williams but will settle for Daniels. Yes I want my team to pick my guy but is that better than GETTING IT RIGHT. Absolutely not.  I just hope they get it right that's what is paramount to me. Look I was born and raised here in Big D and has always been a Skins fan. You think I like having to put up with this losing **** down here. Enough said. GET IT RIGHT PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What you just said!!! I’ll be elated at whatever name they call. Just take the guy who’s going to put everything he has into getting the best out of himself that fits what they want to do the most. Just get it right I love it

• Like 1

Matt Miller's latest 7 rounder for Washington:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/draft2024/insider/story/_/id/39806887/2024-nfl-mock-draft-matt-miller-seven-rounds-257-picks-predictions

2. Washington Commanders

Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU

Everything is new in Washington -- ownership, general manager and coach. And there will be a new quarterback, too. Daniels' dual-threat ability is an ideal fit for new offensive coordinator Kliff Kingsbury's version of the Air Raid offense. With back-to-back seasons of over 1,000 rushing yards and a nearly perfect QBR of 99.5 on passes over 20 yards, Daniels would thrive with wide receivers Terry McLaurin and Jahan Dotson opening things up down the field. The Commanders will have a tough decision to make between Daniels and North Carolina's Drake Maye, but I see Daniels as the clear-cut QB2. He's also ready to play immediately after starting 55 games in college; Maye might have more upside, but Daniels is ready to excel right now.

36. Washington Commanders

Darius Robinson, DE, Missouri

Washington needs an impact defensive end who can take over games after trading away Montez Sweat and Chase Young at the 2023 trade deadline. At 6-foot-5 and 285 pounds, Robinson can rush from the edge or play inside. He had nine sacks in his breakout 2023 season.

40. Washington Commanders (via CHI)

Patrick Paul, OT, Houston

Paul has legendary wingspan at 86¼ inches and enough speed at 6-foot-7 and 331 pounds to run a 5.13 in the 40-yard dash. He is raw, but NFL offensive line coaches I've talked to are in love with his tools and want a chance to develop his traits into a high-end starter.

67. Washington Commanders

Adisa Isaac, DE, Penn State

Washington needs bodies to replace Montez Sweat and Chase Young. Isaac's first-step quickness and burst pair perfectly with the power of Darius Robinson, who we projected to Washington in Round 2 of this mock draft.

78. Washington Commanders (via SEA)

Khyree Jackson, CB, Oregon

Last year, the Commanders drafted an undersized corner in Emmanuel Forbes (180 pounds). This year, I love the idea of them getting a supersized DB in the 6-foot-4 Jackson.

100. Theo Johnson, TE, Penn State

Johnson is a sleeper tight end prospect with fantastic all-around ability and power at 259 pounds. He could very well get TE1 reps here.

139. Washington Commanders: Isaiah Williams, WR, Illinois

152. Washington Commanders (via SEA): Tommy Eichenberg, LB, Ohio State

222. Washington Commanders: Dylan McMahon, C, NC State

• Like 2

It's got some good names, but I wouldn't love it. I still want Maye over Daniels. The idea of going DE twice in the first 100 doesn't sit well. I like Khyree, but maybe taking Rakestraw and Paul/Kinglsey in that situation would be best. That still leaves Isaac in the third which is fine, and then taking Colson, Polk, Burton, Puni, Zinter.

I'd prefer Cowing to Williams in the 5th. Nothing wrong with Eichenberg I suppose, but I think he's limited. Guerendo, Gray, Laumea might be better.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

I could live with most of this. Drafting two defensive ends is overkill to me however. Depending on how the board fell, I would have loved a LB/CB/WR/OG/C over Darius Robinson. I'm indifferent on which QB they select between Maye and Daniels. Like the Paul and Johnson picks the most I suppose. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Trying to help you out. You can post your tweets the copy paste way that you used to. I just needed you to provide the source where you got it from. 

Ok. 95% of my posts are from X. I always preface the tweet on who actually wrote it. Thanks Mike. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Ok. 95% of my posts are from X. I always preface the tweet on who actually wrote it. Thanks Mike. 

When you paste the link if you just replace the "x" with "twitter" then click the end of the link and hit enter, it should auto embed for you. 

Hopefully this helps. 

• Like 2