The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

39 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Probably not much. My guess is whoever pick is mostly going to be working with Kliff. 

Personally i think Kingsberry knows how limited his offense was vecwhoever pick is mostly going to be working with Kliff. 

Ayed out of the gun. He has said he doesnt want to predicate his offense around the QB running which is another thing he had too do because Kylers best attribute is his legs outside of his ball placement. That said what is Kliffs ultimate goal? What is the FO thinking? For Kliff is he develops and maximizes Drake too his ceiling then he’s looking at HC jobs. The FO i dont think they can really lose. But if Jaydens Elbow has sommething then we will see him fall. He is the only person ive seen wear a hoodie for a proday. If Jayden falls then it will probably be medically.

• Like 1

Okay Big Toucs.

You will NOT talk QBs today.

You WILL talk edge rushers. I would love to get Chop Robinson if he's available in the back end of the first which he might be. Dude can flat out get into the backfield.

3 hours ago, TOUCAN said:

Okay Big Toucs.

You will NOT talk QBs today.

You WILL talk edge rushers. I would love to get Chop Robinson if he's available in the back end of the first which he might be. Dude can flat out get into the backfield.

My feeling is that OT is more important and if Mimms or Jordan Morgan are available we should trade up to get them. If that doesn't take both our 2nds then I'd take BPA with our other 2nd rnd pick. That could be Robinson, or it could be a CB, another OL, a WR like Keon Coleman or a LB.

I also wonder if they see Quan Martin as a safety or slot CB? Depending on how they see him could determine if they take a FS prospect too while moving Forrest to SS.

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, I posted about it not long after it happened. The best part is Chick just letting it go on like he did lol. I mean, this made it to PFT and the Pat McAfee show. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

My feeling is that OT is more important and if Mimms or Jordan Morgan are available we should trade up to get them. If that doesn't take both our 2nds then I'd take BPA with our other 2ne rnd pick. That could be Robinson, or it could be a CB, another OL, a WR like Keon Coleman or a LB.

I also wonder if they see Quan Martin as a safety or slot CB? Depending on how they see him could determine if they take a FS prospect too while moving Forrest to SS.

You can’t go into this season with Forbes and St. Juste starting. There has to be some more talent added. Maybe if McKinstry falls we can grab him in the second. Also, I don’t understand the Kalen King thing? That dude should be going first or second round. I know he had a rough combine but the dude can ball. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Yeah, I posted about it not long after it happened. The best part is Chick just letting it go on like he did lol. I mean, this made it to PFT and the Pat McAfee show. 

Chick is the best. NBCSportsWashington took a big hit when they let him go in favor of Julie Donaldson. And nothing against Donaldson but, Chick is like top of the line sports guy.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

You can’t go into this season with Forbes and St. Juste starting. There has to be some more talent added. Maybe if McKinstry falls we can grab him in the second. Also, I don’t understand the Kalen King thing? That dude should be going first or second round. I know he had a rough combine but the dude can ball. 

I think you just take the best player. We still need multiple upgrades still & upgrades almost all over for the long term.

If we don't go CB bc they're not BPA & go OT, FS, or something else, I don't see it as the end of the world. I mean maybe it means a bad season at CB but to me, this is a 3 year build until our young QB hopefully develops into a top 10ish QB anyway so we can start becoming a perennial playoff team. 

We shouldn't exactly be looking to fill needs. It should be BPA in a position we need.

Edited by turtle28

18 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Chick is the best. NBCSportsWashington took a big hit when they let him go in favor of Julie Donaldson. And nothing against Donaldson but, Chick is like top of the line sports guy.

I love Chick. He got too political and some of the stuff he was posting was similar to the JDR stuff just on the opposite side. I’m happy he’s back and he’s awesome at what he does I just hope he eases up on the politics. 

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I think you just take the best player. We still need multiple upgrades still & upgrades almost all over for the long term.

If we don't go CB bc they're not BPA & go OT, FS, or something else, I don't see it as the end of the world. I mean many it means a bad season at CB but to me, this is a 3 year build until our young QB hopefully develops into a top 10ish QB anyway so we can start becoming a perennial playoff team. 

We shouldn't exactly be looking to fill needs. It should be BPA in a position we need.

I think it would be hard to argue against Kool-Aid being best available at 36 lol

53 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Kalen King had a bad Senior Bowl I believe. But I agree, we could use some more CB help. It's one of the hardest positions to draft unfortunately. I have my eye on one guy and you should see him in my detailed mock draft here in a week or two.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I think it would be hard to argue against Kool-Aid being best available at 36 lol

Oh for sure if he's there. But there are few CBs I’d take over an OT if an OT is available still worth taking.

4 minutes ago, taylor made said:

Kalen King had a bad Senior Bowl I believe. But I agree, we could use some more CB help. It's one of the hardest positions to draft unfortunately. I have my eye on one guy and you should see him in my detailed mock draft here in a week or two.

Remember that on the outside our new D likes CBs with size too. That could bode well for Juice if this new coaching staff can develop something out of him that Rivera/JDR & co couldn't.

• Like 1