The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

2 minutes ago, offbyone said:

That would be good for our player options with our second round picks.

True, I just don't see it happening. Penix may sneak into the 1st but Bo Nix is not a good QB at all. I would place a bet all day long on less than 6 QBs in the 1st. 

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

True, I just don't see it happening. Penix may sneak into the 1st but Bo Nix is not a good QB at all. I would place a bet all day long on less than 6 QBs in the 1st. 

I think you are right and Penix is picked late in 1st and Nix slides.  Who knows though.

4 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I guess Dabole is hoping for his Josh Allen

It’s why I take Maye. I say if Dabol wants Drake Maye bc he thinks after a half of a year or a year of sitting and developing under Daniel Jones that Maye could develop into a Josh Allen type QB, then we should be wiling to wait a half a year to a year to hopefully get the same.

Edited by turtle28

14 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Nix & Penix don’t get past the Broncos, Vikings or Raiders unless McCarthy or Maye fall to one of them.

I’m not sure why you don’t think Nix is good, at worst he’s a Sam Howell type prospect who could get over 3500 yds passing w/ 20 plus passing TDs & 5 rushing TDs as a 1st year starter especially if Sean Payton is his HC. Payton will put him in position to make easy throws and use his mobility to put him in position to make plays.

Edited by turtle28

9 hours ago, turtle28 said:

It’s why I take Maye. I say if Dabol wants Drake Maye bc he thinks after a half of a year or a year of sitting and developing under Daniel Jones that Maye could develop into a Josh Allen type QB, then we should be wiling to wait a half a year to a year to hopefully get the same.

I wouldnt let abything rhe giants are thinking impact me. Im not chasing the Giants. They have been without direction and vision for a while now. And i hope it continues. Peters need to do whats best for us. Just because he wants his next Allen doesnt make maye his next Allen. Josh Allens pretty special. I justwant Peters to focus on us not the other teams. 

• Like 1

Once the card goes in and we have Daniels/Maye/McCarthy I think it becomes paramount that they attempt to move back up. I’d really hate to part with both of our seconds but if Fashanu starts falling you have almost have to go get him. I feel the same way about Bowers but I just don’t buy that he makes it out of the top 10.

There’s a few players I’d jump back into the first for:

Fashanu

Mims

Brian Thomas Jr

Cooper Dejean

Brock Bowers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

I wouldnt let abything rhe giants are thinking impact me. Im not chasing the Giants. They have been without direction and vision for a while now. And i hope it continues. Peters need to do whats best for us. Just because he wants his next Allen doesnt make maye his next Allen. Josh Allens pretty special. I justwant Peters to focus on us not the other teams. 

They kick our arse every year & Dabol is a QB whisperer. Anyone who can take Josh Allen from an awful looking inconsistent passing rookie into a MVP candidate we should want to emulate. Dabol made Daniel Jones look much more respectable in just one year with him & I think they’re contenders for the playoffs last year if Jones stayed healthy, just like they made the playoffs in 2022. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Once the card goes in and we have Daniels/Maye/McCarthy I think it becomes paramount that they attempt to move back up. I’d really hate to part with both of our seconds but if Fashanu starts falling you have almost have to go get him. I feel the same way about Bowers but I just don’t buy that he makes it out of the top 10.

There’s a few players I’d jump back into the first for:

Fashanu

Mims

Brian Thomas Jr

Cooper Dejean

Brock Bowers

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7pp5oa8qvbb9iwghhq5

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

They kick our arse every year & Dabol is a QB whisperer. Anyone who can take Josh Allen from an awful looking inconsistent passing rookie into a MVP candidate we should want to emulate. Dabol made Daniel Jones look much more respectable in just one year with him & I think they’re contenders for the playoffs last year if Jones stayed healthy, just like they made the playoffs in 2022. 

The Giants have beaten us no matter what when and who. I like Dabole. But again im not letting what another team thinks effect my vision if Im Peters. You shouldnt draft a player so another team cant have them. You need to draft the best player.

1 minute ago, ripsean21 said:

The Giants have beaten us no matter what when and who. I like Dabole. But again im not letting what another team thinks effect my vision if Im Peters. You shouldnt draft a player so another team cant have them. You need to draft the best player.

It’s not just bc of Dabol though, that’s just more validation for me. Again, If another HC wants Maye and he’s a QB whisperer then I payed attention to that. 

It will be interesting to see what the Giants do. They badly need a WR more than anything else and Nabers & Rome will be there for the taking but, they can move on from Jones after this year and go with the QB they would’ve drafted at 5 this year if they want to. 

They’ll have their pick of whoever us and the Patriots don’t draft which means one of: Daniels, Maye or McCarthy and it would be hard to pass on one of them even for a probable pro bowl WR.

• Like 1