The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

3 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Me and you have been lock step on our vision but I def think this QB class is premier. I think this class is actually the type of class they talked up the 21 class to be I actually believe this class is what people wanted that one to be. I think it’s closer to the Mayfield class where there are over half that will have legit playing impact too teams in a positive way

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7qq33fug2qk7lm4ygd0

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I actually think he’d trade every pick we have and more to get Caleb

This is probably the case. Honestly, he is the best QB, but I just don't like the persona/personality.

I'm glad that no one knows what we are truly going to do. That means that a trade down is still an option and maybe we can get someone to overpay.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

This is probably the case. Honestly, he is the best QB, but I just don't like the persona/personality.

I'm glad that no one knows what we are truly going to do. That means that a trade down is still an option and maybe we can get someone to overpay.

Honestly I’m trying to get to the point where I’m just accepting that no matter who they pick and how the picks turn out we are officially a legit club. It doesn’t mean results will follow because football has freak things. But Peters and Quinn being in lock step I don’t think results won’t be there because they did the work. And typically when teams do the work they make smarter choices. I’ve let go of the top pick because they are doing interviews and background work I can’t. But this is a critical draft simply because they can shape the future of this team with this draft with the volume and quality of picks we have. plus the truth is despite what I say about the work points the QB’s have to work on to get better they all have franchise ability and that gives me peace knowing we should at the least get a guy that we can grow a roster around and develop into something exciting. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

I agree. I might have it all wrong but to me he gives off vibes that it’s all about him and not sure how much of a willing participant he is in making sacrifices to benefit the team and not himself. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Every run and throw by Daniels last season

This is great @Thaiphoon

what stands out to me on Daniels vs Maye:

1. Run after catch-LSU guys account for so many big plays and UNC has a bunch of catch and no run guys

2.A  Both are exciting prospects- Daniels style makes him a RG3 injury risk/reward- I’ve seen that and don’t need to see the sequel. BTW RG3- he’s pretty entertaining on ESPN- I really didn’t want to like him but seeing him trash both the a cowboys and Hoge was impressive. He reminds me of a young Eddie Murphy character sometimes and this is what he was made for-not playing in nfl

2. B Maye has so many skills and tools, had a crappy team. But while he should be the pick and I’d bet him big to have a substantially longer and more successful career than Daniels- the Redskins hired a coordinator who’s system in past is perfect for Daniels. The pick will be Daniels, and he will tease us for the next few years but always leave us wishing- what if he wasn’t injured when the real question should be- what if we drafted Maye. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

This is great @Thaiphoon

what stands out to me on Daniels vs Maye:

1. Run after catch-LSU guys account for so many big plays and UNC has a bunch of catch and no run guys

2.A  Both are exciting prospects- Daniels style makes him a RG3 injury risk/reward- I’ve seen that and don’t need to see the sequel. BTW RG3- he’s pretty entertaining on ESPN- I really didn’t want to like him but seeing him trash both the a cowboys and Hoge was impressive. He reminds me of a young Eddie Murphy character sometimes and this is what he was made for-not playing in nfl

2. B Maye has so many skills and tools, had a crappy team. But while he should be the pick and I’d bet him big to have a substantially longer and more successful career than Daniels- the Redskins hired a coordinator who’s system in past is perfect for Daniels. The pick will be Daniels, and he will tease us for the next few years but always leave us wishing- what if he wasn’t injured when the real question should be- what if we drafted Maye. 

Its going to be Jayden Daniels. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Its going to be Jayden Daniels. 

Man you believe every published story. Not even two weeks ago it was McCarthy. Last week it was Maye. We will know come draft day, until then everything is media speculation and trying to "predict it first". 

Hang in there buddy. I'm still holding out hope we get a trade down option somehow. 🤪 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Man you believe every published story. Not even two weeks ago it was McCarthy. Last week it was Maye. We will know come draft day, until then everything is media speculation and trying to "predict it first". 

Hang in there buddy. I'm still holding out hope we get a trade down option somehow. 🤪 

Ehh Schefter and Keim have both been leaning Daniels for awhile. Keim doesn't just say these things without some knowledge of what's going on. 

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Ehh Schefter and Keim have both been leaning Daniels for awhile. Keim doesn't just say these things without some knowledge of what's going on. 

I mean... he does. He is a media source that gets stuff wrong too. He may be "more clued in" but at this point, everyone is guessing. Dan Quinn has flat come out and said they don't know what they are going to do so it's silly for anyone to "put it in pen" so to speak. 

Draft day is when we will know. Anything before then is guys just throwing S at a wall.