The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

4 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Let's go!!! 

13, 44, 77 2025 1st and 2nd, 2026 1st and 2nd for #2 and 2025 4th.

I would cry….not tears of joy. And I would curse you while it’s going on. My wife “who the hell is Slappy MC and what did he do to make you cry so much!?” Lol

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I would cry….not tears of joy. And I would curse you while it’s going on. My wife “who the hell is Slappy MC and what did he do to make you cry so much!?” Lol

Don't worry, you wouldn't be the only one that would be cursing my name. 

It won't happen though bro. You will get a QB at 2. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Let's go!!! 

13, 44, 77 2025 1st and 2nd, 2026 1st and 2nd for #2 and 2025 4th.

Now you’re talking!!!! You know teams talking about media Pushing up JJ. Maybe the media is pushing up Jayden!! Because every time you get one person Bashing Jayden 10 come to his rescue all saying the same thing. But on tape what they are saying isn’t actually truths.  

And I know I’m on an island but if you watch the throws and runs of JJ like Daniels and Maye it’s really impressive. Yes he has turn over worthy plays. You’re gonna have them throwing into windows. Especially when your throwing and the defense knows your throwing and you don’t have Nabors and Thomas Jr back there. It is what it is I like all 3 and I had my Jayden moment at the end of the year before breakdowns just based off flow of game he’s exciting. But he has the most draft bust markers and it’s not close. And as someone said if you watch what they are doing it is about as QB friendly as it gets.

If I were betting to win the bet I’d say they pick Maye. I think DQ had a little draft strategy moment when he listed one word answers. That said personally I’m more worried about every other selection at this point because QB’s bust all the time and hit all the time no rhyme or reason. But I want to see a tough talented roster. So I’m excited and curious to see what they do in this class because it is loaded up top

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

@lavar703 Which would you rather happen?

Draft Jayden Daniels or a Trade down?

10 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I listened to Jay unless I missed it I didn’t hear the Josh Johnson comp. The takeaway was that JD was ready now and DM needed time but thought Drake would be better down the road. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JohnJo05.htm

If true he made the comparison that’s pretty harsh!   JJ as a comp?  Here is my coach jay comp

spanky-nope.gif

39 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I keep saying there’s a lot more bust factors with him. It’s not just analytic numbers the sacks and things show up on tape. That said Minnesota is the best team in the QB market. They have the best chance at hitting with what they have on their roster IMO

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Starting to seem like we might be able to extort a historic kings ransom for one of these dudes if we decide to go that route... 

Sure wish we didn't "have" to get a QB in the draft. With only Mariota here though, I think it's a must.