The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

3 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Regardless of how this ends up, I would like to say how happy I am and how much this FO deserves to be applauded for the time and effort they have put into convincing EVERYONE that all 3 are real possibilities.

Whether they are truly considering all 3, I will probably never know, but at the very least, all 31 other teams have to consider if you like one QB more than the others, they could go at 2.

The tactical draft strategy and maybe even "planted leaks" of who Washington favors has been intriguing through this entire process. Week by week it seems to change who we "prefer". That not only keeps the media on their toes, but it never truly tips our hand. I think it has already been very evident the difference a competent front office makes. 

#TrustTheProcess #InPetersWeTrust

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

That is the first report I have heard about Jared Wiley being the 2nd tight end off the board...

Would be crazy IMO. It's still Bowers,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Sanders, Sinnott, Stover, Johnson, Stolker, Wiley for me...

4 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

That is the first report I have heard about Jared Wiley being the 2nd tight end off the board...

Would be crazy IMO. It's still Bowers,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Sanders, Sinnott, Stover, Johnson, Stolker, Wiley for me...

Every mock I’ve seen has Wiley in the 6th or later so that’s strange, but hey if that makes Sanders drop to the late 3rd I would take a chance

2 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

#1)Chicago-QB Caleb Williams 

#2)Arizona-WR Marvin Harrison Jr (trade w/Washington)

#3)New England-QB Drake Maye

#4)Washington-QB Jayden Daniels

This is how I think the draft will go. Haven't changed my mind.

While I would be on board with this I can’t see anyone trading to #2 to get a WR. Especially bc I think Arizona will have their pick of WR. And if not? They get either Harrison or Nabers. Regardless Arizona gets a top WR in the draft staying at 4.

i don’t think you can go wrong either way. Nabers could very well be top dog in this draft

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Dane Brugler has Wiley a lot higher.... 

Who is that? Haha.

*Edit* I googled him, unfortunately I can't see where he has him ranked because of the pay-wall.

Schefter seems to have a nice opinion of the guy though. "The Beast"

Edited by Slappy Mc

20 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Schefter seems to have a nice opinion of the guy though. "The Beast"

That's what I am referring too, yup!

3rd rounder

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

That's what I am referring too, yup!

3rd rounder

I'm no expert, but that still seems high to me. Maybe 4th round, but likely somewhere in the 5th is where he will go. 

4 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I keep saying there’s a lot more bust factors with him. It’s not just analytic numbers the sacks and things show up on tape. That said Minnesota is the best team in the QB market. They have the best chance at hitting with what they have on their roster IMO

I am very curious about the analytics discussion within the front office about Daniels.  He obviously fails a bunch of key metrics.  Everyone has heard of the big ones, particularly sacks and lack of middle of field throws.  So do they ignore this and just pick him based on his ability to make highlight reels or?  Seems like the elephant in the room and if you are going to be analytics driven, you can't pick him.   

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, offbyone said:

I am very curious about the analytics discussion within the front office about Daniels.  He obviously fails a bunch of key metrics.  Everyone has heard of the big ones, particularly sacks and lack of middle of field throws.  So do they ignore this and just pick him based on his ability to make highlight reels or?  Seems like the elephant in the room and if you are going to be analytics driven, you can't pick him.   

That’s all you heard about ‘analytics’ when JH bought the team. Eugene Chen is under that moniker but when they hired AP, that’s not a big part of his MO. There were other GM candidates that follow analytics much more, not really sure how much of that mindset will affect player evaluations. 
It will be interesting on how this draft will set the precedent of future drafts. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, offbyone said:

I’ve all but given up and am now facing the reality he’s going to be the pick. When Schefter and Keim both agree that’s the way the group is leaning I sort of just assume it’s coming. I’ll just hope for the best and pray he somehow overcomes the metrics that say he shouldn’t be the pick. 

• Like 1