The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I think he’s actually been better than Kelce this year. Either way, I agree. TE at the top of the draft usually never equals the value you’re spending. I totally get it but at some point you just run into unicorn prospects. Obviously they don’t always pan out as we saw with Chase here but they’re rare players and you have to decide if you want to be the team to pass on that if you have a need. I’d say we do considering Logan’s age and extensive injury history.

I’ll be fine with it if they pass on Bowers but I also won’t be if they do it in the vein Rivera’s been doing it by taking much lesser players. If you’re passing on him for Alt, Fashanu or MHJ then I get it. If you’re doing it for Mims or Latham then no, it won’t make sense to me and I’ll be pretty upset. 

I agree.  Trading down is a dangerous game.  You have to be careful about passing on elite prospects.  Trading down can lead to great results and more lottery tickets, but it can also lead to mediocrity.  I am still pissed every time I see Kyle Hamilton play.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, offbyone said:

I agree.  Trading down is a dangerous game.  You have to be careful about passing on elite prospects.  Trading down can lead to great results and more lottery tickets, but it can also lead to mediocrity.  I am still pissed every time I see Kyle Hamilton play.

Yup. I'm a fan of trading down if the value is there and we think we can get what we want at a later pick. I'm not a fan of trading down just for more picks' sake. While it helps increase odds we pick up a gem (by having more picks), it also can mean you miss out on the elite players who can truly be game changing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Also considering we already have 9, it's not that far of a stretch to get to 13 with the trades I made. 

Even picked up 2 2nds and a 3rd the following year.

Yeah, I saw that. You did better than I did in picking up future picks (mine was only a 2nd and 4th). I didn't drop as far as you did though so it makes sense.

5 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yeah, I saw that. You did better than I did in picking up future picks (mine was only a 2nd and 4th). I didn't drop as far as you did though so it makes sense.

I wish I had gotten a RT or some OG help, but unfortunately each one I targeted was gone by the time I picked. I was happy getting both Adisa Isaac and Jonah Elliss to help improve our pass rush depth. Also having a franchise LT was my only consideration at 5. Bowers, Harrison and Latu were all available. The top 4 went: Fashanu - Bears, McKinstry - Cardinals, Williams - Patriots, Maye - Bears. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Ain't it sad- well sure it is. Not even Dec. and as usual we're heavy into discussing the draft that's 5 months away ! Ahh the fate of the Washington NFL football fan . No reply necessary . Thank you very much .

Movie gif. Peter Billingsley as Ralphie from A Christmas Story puts his head down on top of his arms at his school desk, dejected.

Christmas wish list is different this year though, my man. No longer have new owner at the top of my list. 😉😏

• Like 4

I will say this, if we're picking in the top 5 of the draft come April I would keep an eye out for Jayden Daniels. His stock is going to absolutely go insane. I would not be shocked if the new GM talks himself into it. I don't necessarily want it but with no ties to Sam and a fresh start I can see it happening. 

• Like 2