The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

4 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Give me Fashanu and Fautanu with the first 2 picks and have at it for the rest of the draft.

Im perfectly fine with that.

Sounds good & sign the Dolphins G, Robert Hunt in FA to start at RG. Then, draft a G & C in the 4th rnd or later to be depth/develop.

33 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

This team is going to end up with MHJ lol

Very well could but I have a feeling even if we end up with the #3 pick that we’d either take Drake Maye or Fashanu. It seems unlikely to me that we'd end up #3 with how bad the Patriots have been playing & we beat them.

Just now, turtle28 said:

Very well could but I have a feeling even if we end up with the #3 pick that we’d either take Drake Maye or Fashanu. It seems unlikely to me that we'd end up #3 with how bad the Patriots have been playing & we beat them.

In my opinion the first three picks are going to be Williams, Maye and Daniels. 

31 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

In my opinion the first three picks are going to be Williams, Maye and Daniels. 

I disagree. I think it's going to be Williams to the Bears, MHJ to the Cardinals & then the Pats take Maye or 

The Pats take Drake Maye @ 2

Then the Cards take MHJ @ 3

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

That would probably only happen if Arizona traded down. I can't see them bailing on Murray. 

I think the Cardinals are going to get out of that contract ASAP. They aren’t passing on Maye or Williams to keep Murray. That staff has no ties to Murray. 

Don’t see Jayden Daniels as a top 5 pick. Maybe in that 10-15 range where guys like Mahomes and Watson have gone, to good teams that want a QB but aren’t expecting to be in position to take a blue chipper anytime soon.

I don’t think he’s a real good thrower of the ball, and I also think he lacks the innate gift Lamar Jackson has as far as avoiding hard contact. RGIII lacked that gift too, obviously, and while I don’t think Daniels is nearly as stiff as RGIII was, he gets absolutely lit up way too often for a guy who is built so slightly. He’s a walking injury waiting to happen, and that’s a hard pass for me.

7 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Don’t see Jayden Daniels as a top 5 pick. Maybe in that 10-15 range where guys like Mahomes and Watson have gone, to good teams that want a QB but aren’t expecting to be in position to take a blue chipper anytime soon.

I don’t think he’s a real good thrower of the ball, and I also think he lacks the innate gift Lamar Jackson has as far as avoiding hard contact. RGIII lacked that gift too, obviously, and while I don’t think Daniels is nearly as stiff as RGIII was, he gets absolutely lit up way too often for a guy who is built so slightly. He’s a walking injury waiting to happen, and that’s a hard pass for me.

I think teams do stupid things when it comes to QB. 

I don’t want to spoil the fun, but the Tankathon page is a little misleading — it’s only placing us 4th because we’ve played more games than everyone else and thus have 9 losses (and a lower winning percentage).

Among the teams with only 4 wins, we’d actually be behind CHI, NYG, and NYJ by strength of schedule, so we need each of them to pick up another win to remain ahead of them in the draft order.