The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

12 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I think that is extremely unlikely and it has nothing to do with Sam Howell or the QBs in this class. The new owner seems to want an analytics based approach and having more draft picks is basically the #1 thing you can do to boost your drafting success. 

I get the more picks you have, there’s more chances to be successful and that makes sense. When you’re picking this high and a chance to get the most important position on the team, there has to be a conversation, I would think.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

Do you feel that strongly that Harrison Jr is going to be can't-miss? I know that he is talented and we need a 1A receiver, but we have a decent WR core and a terrible O-Line. 

I just feel that need and talent have been our top priority with the top pick. (Even if that means going QB, which I would rather not do as well)

I think he's your best shot at it in this class but look at Chase. It can always go the other direction. But I think passing on guys like this because it didn't work out before is a bad way to go about the draft. We've also missed on high character, hard worker types. To me, there are two truly elite talents in this draft. MHJ and Bowers but I think 3 or 4 is just too rich for a TE. 

9 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I think he's your best shot at it in this class but look at Chase. It can always go the other direction. But I think passing on guys like this because it didn't work out before is a bad way to go about the draft. We've also missed on high character, hard worker types. To me, there are two truly elite talents in this draft. MHJ and Bowers but I think 3 or 4 is just too rich for a TE. 

I think your take is very fair. I'm just not sold that MHJr impacts the team like a bookend OT (Fashanu or Alt) would. 

I personally love what Bowers brings and think he would be my preference for position of need and player, but as mentioned many times top 5 for a TE is a big steep.

I think it's either QB or OT with our 1st round pick if we stay pat.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I think your take is very fair. I'm just not sold that MHJr impacts the team like a bookend OT (Fashanu or Alt) would. 

I personally love what Bowers brings and think he would be my preference for position of need and player, but as mentioned many times top 5 for a TE is a big steep.

I think it's either QB or OT with our 1st round pick if we stay pat.

If we stay at 4 I'd say we go OT or WR.  I can't see QB at all. WR just because of the talent at the top of this draft and positional value. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

If we stay at 4 I'd say we go OT or WR.  I can't see QB at all. WR just because of the talent at the top of this draft and positional value. 

That's what I think as well. I don't see them passing on MHJ if he's there

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I think ruling out a QB now would be foolish. There needs to be a full evaluation and the top 5 is prime QBotF selection zone.

*Also, the more stock we put into possibly taking a QB, the more chance we have of people offering to move up to our spot and hopefully the price goes up.

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

I think ruling out a QB now would be foolish. There needs to be a full evaluation and the top 5 is prime QBotF selection zone.

*Also, the more stock we put into possibly taking a QB, the more chance we have of people offering to move up to our spot and hopefully the price goes up.

I'm just not buying into Daniels. Its too Kenny Pickett for me. Not comparing their talent but the rise. Just seems so odd considering how much Daniels started before this season. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

It’s extremely unlikely we would stay at 4 when the new owner follows an analytical based approach, having more draft picks is the no.1 thing you can do to boost your draft success.

2 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

It’s extremely unlikely we would stay at 4 when the new owner follows an analytical based approach, having more draft picks is the no.1 thing you can do to boost your draft success.

I know that...I literally just posted that...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

PFN-MDS-Result-1702405176764.png

The take the best available draft. 

Honestly this wouldn't make me too upset...

Seems unrealistic that Jayden Daniels will fall out of the top 10, defensively not out of the top 20.

I get it’s a mock & he was available but it seems more realistic we’d be picking Bo Nix, Penix or Quinn Ewers there if he comes out.

36 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I'm just not buying into Daniels. Its too Kenny Pickett for me. Not comparing their talent but the rise. Just seems so odd considering how much Daniels started before this season. 

It’s RG3 ish to me. A good runner who gets to take advantage of that in college which allows him to throw to wide open receivers. He’s also skinny like RG3 was and I worry about injury with him.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

It’s RG3 ish to me. A good runner who gets to take advantage of that in college which allows him to throw to wide open receivers. He’s also skinny like RG3 was and I worry about injury with him.

Definitely some red flags.  

I am starting to lean on keeping Howell and take a swing at a high ceiling qb later in the draft and add pieces.  I think there are a lot of good qbs in the draft after the 1st round.  However, if we keep moving up the board and are able to grab Maye...