The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

30 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I can't imagine Adam Peters takes a job here and then we have a separate GM as well. I still think they go with the Hortiz from Bmore and then hire Macdonald. 

I really like Macdonald but if we do go QB, do you think it’s beneficial to have an offensive minded head coach?

5 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I really like Macdonald but if we do go QB, do you think it’s beneficial to have an offensive minded head coach?

I do. I'd love to have Ben Johnson here but I don't think that's what they're going to do. 

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I do. I'd love to have Ben Johnson here but I don't think that's what they're going to do. 

If there was a way to get Johnson and Macdonald here, so great.  Would love that but I know it wouldn’t happen. They each could have their own gig. 

Have been perusing Bears forums and found this post pretty funny

cblaz11 wrote: ↑Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:32 amArizona staying out of top 3 is huge for the fans that want to trade back and still take MHJ.

Here’s the thing, going from 1 to 3 will still get a haul if there’s a bidding war, which there will be.

Washington gives up Payne, 3rd overall, 2nd this year, 1st next year, 2nd next year.

Bears net MHJ, Payne, Verse, Van Pran, and Washingtons top 2 picks next year which could be top 5.

So to move down one spot, as we're at 2 not 3, this Bears fan thinks they should get:

2024 1st round pick (pick 2)

Daron Payne

2024 2nd round pick 

2025 1st round pick

2025 2nd round pick 

7 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

cblaz11 wrote: ↑Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:32 amArizona staying out of top 3 is huge for the fans that want to trade back and still take MHJ.

Here’s the thing, going from 1 to 3 will still get a haul if there’s a bidding war, which there will be.

Washington gives up Payne, 3rd overall, 2nd this year, 1st next year, 2nd next year.

Bears net MHJ, Payne, Verse, Van Pran, and Washingtons top 2 picks next year which could be top 5.

So to move down one spot, as we're at 2 not 3, this Bears fan thinks they should get:

Daron Payne

2024 2nd round pick 

2025 1st round pick

2025 2nd round pick 

LOL.

I would legitimately boycott Josh Harris for the rest of his tenure if we did that trade. 

• Like 3

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

LOL.

I would legitimately boycott Josh Harris for the rest of his tenure if we did that trade. 

Basically they would just say "its okay, we'll just take Maye" lol

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Daron Payne

2024 2nd round pick 

2025 1st round pick

2025 2nd round pick 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jn28i8bd5darutpcql

• Like 1

I’m out if the Bears want a ransom to move 1 or 2 spots. I guess I can’t blame them but that doesn’t mean we have to be part of . 
Go back to the original plan stay put or trade down a little and acquire picks. 

6 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I’m out if the Bears want a ransom to move 1 or 2 spots. I guess I can’t blame them but that doesn’t mean we have to be part of . 
Go back to the original plan stay put or trade down a little and acquire picks. 

I just think you take Maye at 2. I like Williams a lot but I'd rather have Maye plus all of our picks over Williams and that's it.