The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

Drake Maye at 2 is the easiest pick this team will have made in years. Just take him. Don’t do anything dumb. Don’t think you can get fancy and trade down for a lesser talent. Just take him. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, e16bball said:

That’s a rock hard pass.

I’m not a Penix hater or anything…I actually was on him years ago as a freshman at IU.

But I do get a bit frustrated when some of these hot take artists and especially the metrics people start to pop up saying stuff like “oh, the scouts have had it totally wrong for years, Penix/Daniels were way more efficient than Williams/Maye this year, and they should be slotted above them.” Wish it was that simple, but it isn’t. Putting aside the age/experience thing, the protection was so much better for those guys, and both of them have at least two (and maybe three) receivers better than anyone Williams/Maye had. Comparing their production — or even their tape — on even footing just isn’t telling the real story when it comes to evaluating them.

We’re on the same page. He is NOT HIM! 😂 

Just now, lavar703 said:

Drake Maye at 2 is the easiest pick this team will have made in years. Just take him. Don’t do anything dumb. Don’t think you can get fancy and trade down for a lesser talent. Just take him. 

If I’m the GM, this is me running to the podium to draft Drake Maye @ #2 😂 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7a59bfnksiovh8k8lnc

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Give me Maye and Blake Corum and I’ll be a happy camper. 

I'm not... You gotta take a freaking lineman if you go QB first. Yall want Maye to die back there, keep advocating for not addressing the O-Line.

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

I'm not... You gotta take a freaking lineman if you go QB first. Yall want Maye to die back there, keep advocating for not addressing the O-Line.

Dude Corum is probably going in the third round. Those are just two players that I want lol. 

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Dude Corum is probably going in the third round. Those are just two players that I want lol. 

Over-reaction noted... My apologies. I get a little emotional about my offensive lineman.

• Like 1

Adam Peters first class ;) 

2. Drake Maye, QB North Carolina

36. Graham Barton, OG Duke

40. Bralen Trice, EDGE Washington

67. Malachi Corley, WR Western Kentucky

96. Blake Corum, RB Michigan

98. Blake Fisher, OT Notre Dame

132. Payton Wilson, LB NC State

163. Jaylin Simpson, CB Auburn

194. Dallin Holker, TE Colorado State

• Like 4

There shouldn’t be a mock where we aren’t taking Zack Zinter from Michigan. He got hurt your going to get a first round talent/ leader at a tremendous value we need to be the team that selects this guy!!! This team needs tough leaders on the OL he’s def that guy

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

There shouldn’t be a mock where we aren’t taking Zack Zinter from Michigan. He got hurt your going to get a first round talent/ leader at a tremendous value we need to be the team that selects this guy!!! This team needs tough leaders on the OL he’s def that guy

Absolutely agree. That guy is a bona fide stud. Likely would have been my #1 OG in this class, and that includes some pretty good OG prospects (Beebe, Barton, Fautanu, etc). 

Teams always overreact to current injuries in the draft. He will fall — and he should, but probably not as far as he’s going to. Come year 3 with him, no one will even remember that he was PUP to start his career. They’ll just remember that he’s a badass.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Absolutely agree. That guy is a bona fide stud. Likely would have been my #1 OG in this class, and that includes some pretty good OG prospects (Beebe, Barton, Fautanu, etc). 

Teams always overreact to current injuries in the draft. He will fall — and he should, but probably not as far as he’s going to. Come year 3 with him, no one will even remember that he was PUP to start his career. They’ll just remember that he’s a badass.

This guy was the heart and soul of Michigan. When he went down it was obvious who the leader of that team was. That is what we need tape as you said was already special. I’m tired of us not taking the highly rated guy with a temporary issue. Yes the Jaylon Smiths and the Marshon Lattimore yes I get it the whole knee bucked around like it was completely gone. But this guy is a tank and he is exactly what this team needs we have too many day two picks not to throw that dart at the board

19 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I'd rather draft Donovan Edwards. Edwards is a great receiver like CT & McKissic were and Gibson is.

We have BRob & CRod to be the 1st/2nd down & short yardage back, what we need to do is replace Gibson should we lose him or if we choose not to re-sign him.

We need that pass catching/3rd down RB/scat back if we aren't going to keep Gibson or if he won't re-sign here.

Donovan Edwards is that type of back. Corum is a traditional back with questionable hands.

Edwards had 30 receptions this year for Michigan. I think we can get him with the 3rd round comp pick or in the 4th round.

2 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I agree and I’m thinking we can get him in R4.