The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

10 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

We really just want Spielman’s brothers input to help us get Ben Johnson. We have Adam Peters we don’t need his advice on choosing players. 

Agree.  The one thing I would love to know about the Peters hiring is if they talked about Trey Lance.  I would think that is a must ask question and really applies to our draft.  

12 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Agree.  The one thing I would love to know about the Peters hiring is if they talked about Trey Lance.  I would think that is a must ask question and really applies to our draft.  

Everything I’ve read said Peters didn’t know who they were picking until it happened. It was Shanahan, York and Lynch. 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Everything I’ve read said Peters didn’t know who they were picking until it happened. It was Shanahan, York and Lynch. 

Well that is great.  But I bet he can tell us the history of the transaction and how all the opinions played into it and also a situation where they were looking at several high end qb picks who had different characteristics like Maye vs Daniels. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I might be wrong but From what I gathered it seemed Kyle had last say, not surprising being so narcissistic. 

• Like 1

Every day there’s a new take on what the Bears are going to do. Bears insiders say they are trading the pick. Team wants Justin. MHJ comes into play with their decision especially if they trade out and if we want to move up trading with us would guarantee them MHJR. 

Basically comes down to these choices:

Justin Fields/Marvin Harrison 

Caleb Williams/Rome Odunze  Don’t think Nabers will be there. 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Would you guys trade J. Allen and maybe pick 100 for Caleb Williams or just draft D.Maye?

I want absolutely zero part of Williams.  

The sad part is, if Caleb doesn’t commit to the draft, then that puts the onus on teams to move up for Maye.  Which could leave us in a precarious position. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I like Caleb Williams. I think he is absolutely the best/most talented QB in this draft. I think he’ll most likely be a very good player but I also think he’ll be one of those guys that wants an astronomical deal the rest of the roster be damned. I think his father represents a headache much in the same way Kam Curls dad is a headache. I’m also not totally convinced the Bears and other organizations are not put off by all this stuff and I’m not totally convinced Drake Maye doesn’t end up first overall because of it. 

Im also not totally convinced there’s as big of a gap between Drake and Caleb as fans seem to think there is. If I had to guess at this moment Caleb goes number one but I think as the draft draws near Drake pulls ahead of Caleb when teams have the opportunity to interview these two. Personally I think one wants to be a star and a brand and the other just wants to play football. It may sound crazy right now but I also wouldn’t be shocked to see teams move Daniels ahead of Williams come draft day as well. Teams have proven over the years they’re more than willing to pass on talented players who may ultimately be a headache. 

I'm not sure if all that happens with Caleb not going #1 bc teams want the most talented player, they always think they can work through the other stuff whether right or wrong.

I guess there's a chance Maye goes #1 but I doubt it unless Maye looks amazing in all the offseason stuff - Combine, personal workouts & pro day) while - Caleb doesn't.

3 hours ago, e16bball said:

That’s a parody account, not a real post.

Aren't the check marks supposed to be a thing? 

Disregard if it's not real. The unfortunate thing is, i could absolutely believe he said this.