Random Thoughts - In season 2023

dll2000

6 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I think the problem with that is there are just so many variables right now...

Flus stays with Fields as QB

Flus stays with a new rookie QB

Flus goes but Fields stays

Flus goes and we get a new rookie QB

That's your 4 basic concepts...then...

Ben Johnson

Jim Harbaugh

Someone else

Then...

Fields

Maye

Williams

Then...

Harrison Jr

Fashanu

Bowers

Trade Down

Then...

Get proper wild and fire Poles as well...

Just so many really valid options this year 😂

Even with fewer variables we still get a very small percentage correct each year.  So go nuts.  

I remember year we drafted Trubisky (until draft day) I was pretty convinced we were taking either J. Adams or Lattimore with our first pick.

This past offseason I would have sworn we would sign a first or second wave FA OT come hell or high water and I was 90% sure that person was going to be Jawaan Taylor.

Right now I think both Poles and Flus will be back unless they lose the locker room.  So they will probably be fired in next couple of weeks.

• Like 2

I was starting to look at the scenario of Fields playing great for the rest of the year and Poles believing that he is the guy for a new offensive minded HC what we do if Carolina keep losing and we end up with the #1 overall pick...

The obvious is we just draft Marvin Harrison Jr but as much as I love him as a player with the two QB prospects this year the haul we should be able to get for the 1st overall pick should be even better than last year...

I think the Giants give Jones another year after the contract, Tennessee go with Levis, Washington stick with Howell, GB with Love, Jets with Rodgers coming back, NO stick with Carr given the salary, same with Cleveland & Watson...

What made the Carolina trade so successful was getting DJ included...if you can get a great player on a great contract included along with picks in this and the next draft or two that is a massive plus...

Teams I think will be looking at QB...

Arizona - plenty of draft capital to draft - no great player at premier position of need.

New England - standard draft capital - Judon is a great player on a great contract but will be 32 years old before the start of next season so no.

Atlanta - Good draft capital (Ridley resigns in JAX) - London & Pitts haven't lived up to the draft billing - Lindstrom's contract is too much - A.J Terrell would make a lot of sense if we let JJ walk.

LA Rams (if Stafford retires) - standard draft capital - Kupp is older and slowing down and the contract isn't great - Donald is much the same.

Tampa Bay - standard draft capital - Not getting Wirfs - Vea's contract isn't great - Barrett is slowing down - Luke Goedeke could move inside to centre which would probably be his best position as a pro.

Las Vegas - standard draft capital - Adams is getting older & costs too much - Maxx Crosby is the obvious one to go after.

Pittsburgh - good draft capital - Not getting Watt - Fitzpatrick is making over $21 million next year so no - Highsmith could make sense...do we risk Pickens? probably not

Minnesota - standard draft capital - not getting Jefferson, Addison or Darrisaw - in the same division

So of those teams teams there doesn't seem to be as perfect a trade partner as there was last year with Carolina who had not only DJ but also Burns, Horn & Brown...I expect us to work it out with JJ so take Atlanta off the board...looks to me like Tampa or Vegas would be the best potential trade partners right now so it would be good if those two teams started to lose more so we wouldn't need to take a big a trade down...they also could both be going through a FO/Coaching staff change which again is always a good time to trade with a team.

So two thoughts:

I earlier was basing my dread at the Bears keeping Flus on Hoge and Jahns, who I assume are pretty plugged in and towards mid season really started prepping people for Flus staying, but have now literally done an episode on future head coach candidates. So maybe their sources have changed their tune?  Or maybe they're not getting accurate info?  Whatever, I'll take it.

Second far more alarming thought: my wife may have bought me Bears tickets for Christmas, with terrifying implications.  This is based on a rather large purchase at Stubhub on the credit card. Mostly terrifying that the only home game ocurring after Christmas would be Falcons at Bears.  I'm not sure I even LIKE the Bears anymore, much less certain that I want to spend New Years Eve downtown freezing my nuts off (as the cost corresponds to good seats but not inside seats.)  Not real sure how to handle this one if my guess is accurate besides icefishing layers and a big grateful smile.  Weird thing is I cannot for the life of me see my wife wanting to go to a Bears game in late Decemeber. She can barely stay awake through a noon game so not sure what the play is here if these are actually Bears tickets.  For the money I would rather have had almost anything else than watching whatever abomination the Bears are putting out at that point in the season.  I think the only sensible response is to buy her that sports car I've always wanted.  

5 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

So two thoughts:

I earlier was basing my dread at the Bears keeping Flus on Hoge and Jahns, who I assume are pretty plugged in and towards mid season really started prepping people for Flus staying, but have now literally done an episode on future head coach candidates. So maybe their sources have changed their tune?  Or maybe they're not getting accurate info?  Whatever, I'll take it.

Second far more alarming thought: my wife may have bought me Bears tickets for Christmas, with terrifying implications.  This is based on a rather large purchase at Stubhub on the credit card. Mostly terrifying that the only home game ocurring after Christmas would be Falcons at Bears.  I'm not sure I even LIKE the Bears anymore, much less certain that I want to spend New Years Eve downtown freezing my nuts off (as the cost corresponds to good seats but not inside seats.)  Not real sure how to handle this one if my guess is accurate besides icefishing layers and a big grateful smile.  Weird thing is I cannot for the life of me see my wife wanting to go to a Bears game in late Decemeber. She can barely stay awake through a noon game so not sure what the play is here if these are actually Bears tickets.  For the money I would rather have had almost anything else than watching whatever abomination the Bears are putting out at that point in the season.  I think the only sensible response is to buy her that sports car I've always wanted.  

So I'm looking through Stubhub trying to figure out what else this could be and I'm baffled. King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard would be cool, but those tickets are a lot cheaper.  Lindsey Stirling would be odd as my interest in her is not totally musical.  Could be the Eagles if she's mad at me?  Brett Goldstein (Roy Kent) is apparently on tour, guessing that's comedy and not music? Honestly there's not much interesting music coming to Chicago in the near future so guessing it's BEars/Falcons.  I'll live stream parts of my body going numb while watching Fields audition for his next team.  ****. This sounds both cold and sad. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

So two thoughts:

Blackhawks play on NYE, but it's in dallas so keep an eye on flight status

5 hours ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

So two thoughts:

Bulls??? (snore)

18 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

Blackhawks play on NYE, but it's in dallas so keep an eye on flight status

There is zero chance she wants to go to a Blackhawks game.  When they were deep into that first title run around 2010 a friend brought us to the game, whereupon my wife promptly made the jumbotron for somehow falling asleep in that incredibly loud and excited stadium. 

The kids know what's up but won't spill the beans.  Guessing it's Go Bears and Go Heated Underwear. 

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

I'm not impressed by Bo Nix's stats this year for the same reasons, and all I've seen is Moore is a stud that Fields has been able to use as a crutch. 

I get the point your trying to make but I think your looking at this too black and white for or against Fields...it's neither...it's impressive that Fields & Moore has this sort of connection so quickly and yes...does show that if you can put some real talent around Fields they can make plays together...we saw it with Fields & Wilson/Olave and now Fields & Moore...add in a MHJ/Nabers/Odunze and maybe you can recapture some of that.