Random Thoughts - In season 2023

dll2000

5 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Big loss IMO...contracts went to **** when he was benched under Pace...need to make sure we have a cap guy on that staff.

Yeah, hopefully he was grooming an heir to the position. Warren and Poles should have had that in mind.

Just now, Sugashane said:

Yeah, hopefully he was grooming an heir to the position. Warren and Poles should have had that in mind.

No idea who this is...

I doubt we have any issues in the legal department with Warren and his connections here.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

No idea who this is...

I doubt we have any issues in the legal department with Warren and his connections here.

So my quick Google search turned up.

Ryan Poles continued to fill out his Bears front office on Thursday by hiring Matt Feinstein as the team’s director of football administration.

Before coming to Halas Hall, Feinstein worked for seven years at the NFL. Feinstein first joined the NFL as an analytics assistant on their Management Council in 2015. He was promoted to manager for that same council in 2016, then senior manager in 2018. He briefly served as the league’s director of labor operations, starting in January 2022.

Feinstein replaces Joey Laine, who was Ryan Pace’s director of football administration. It is widely reported that Laine was Pace’s lead contract negotiator and salary cap manager.

Maybe Poles had this in mind after speaking with Stein. Stein could have said he wanted to step back after the season and Poles brought in a guy with a lot of experience in negotiations.

Hopefully its a solid move.

• Like 1

Y'all - 

No new head coach? no playoffs? Potential #1 overall pick being a QB and new face of the franchise?

Bears a finalist for Hard Knocks yet again this season. Gonna keep getting hard for George to push the league away again

3 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

Y'all - 

No new head coach? no playoffs? Potential #1 overall pick being a QB and new face of the franchise?

Bears a finalist for Hard Knocks yet again this season. Gonna keep getting hard for George to push the league away again

I read that last sentence WAY wrong..

Could preface it with either "I'm" or "it's."

• Like 1

On 1/17/2024 at 2:16 PM, Madmike90 said:

Good for Hightower.

I'm probably the only one that doesn't like this guy. His openings at press conferences are so 😑 and he's not a particularly smart man  AND our STs are midling at best 

Would like to see an upgrade here

7 hours ago, SLCbear said:

I'm probably the only one that doesn't like this guy. His openings at press conferences are so 😑 and he's not a particularly smart man  AND our STs are midling at best 

Would like to see an upgrade here

I’m not sure how involved he is with Santos, but whatever’s happening there is something we shouldn’t mess with. I don’t fault the coordinator for our return game limitations - our PR’s most redeeming quality in 2023 was that he usually caught the ball, and KR is basically a useless position since they moved the kickoff back to the 35. We only had 21 actual returns in 17 games (23 total, but 2 were onside kick recoveries). Do we blame Hightower for Gill having the worst net yards per punt in the entire league, or is Gill just not very good? 

15 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I’m not sure how involved he is with Santos, but whatever’s happening there is something we shouldn’t mess with. I don’t fault the coordinator for our return game limitations - our PR’s most redeeming quality in 2023 was that he usually caught the ball, and KR is basically a useless position since they moved the kickoff back to the 35. We only had 21 actual returns in 17 games (23 total, but 2 were onside kick recoveries). Do we blame Hightower for Gill having the worst net yards per punt in the entire league, or is Gill just not very good? 

Gill just sucks. If Araiza has had all charges dismissed I'd give him a call honestly.

• Like 1