New Regime Options

beardown3231

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Bears took 2 DB's three rounds before DAL took Bland and both of those guys are nowhere close to as good as he is

King Poles does it again!

Really... we're going to start playing this game now ? 

If we're going to do that then why not blame Houston GM too for taking Derek Stingley 3rd overall over waiting to take Bland in the 5th.

I mean let's just throw context out the window when making these types of claims.

It's not as if Dallas has a way better pass rush and coaching than the Bears currently do

C'mon bro do better 

11 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Really... we're going to start playing this game now ? 

If we're going to do that then why not blame Houston GM too for taking Derek Stingley 3rd overall over waiting to take Bland in the 5th.

I mean let's just throw context out the window when making these types of claims.

It's not as if Dallas has a way better pass rush and coaching than the Bears currently do

C'mon bro do better 

God this argument sucks. Yes blame idiotic Lovie Smith for taking Stingley so high. I don't care what you do

My concern is the Bears

Yeah it's fine that he has added 1 difference maker to the entire roster in 2 years, one of which he had $120M in cap room and the #1 overall pick. After all of the that, WHY does the pass rush still suck?

I hope Poles takes the "come on bro do better" advice

Edited by beardown3231

Just now, beardown3231 said:

God this argument sucks. Yes blame idiotic Lovie Smith for taking Stingley so high. I don't care what you do

My concern is the Bears

Yeah it's fine that he has added 1 difference maker in 2 years, one of which he had $120M in cap room and the #1 overall pick

I hope Poles takes the "come on bro do better" advice

I just don't get it. You expect your GM to nail every pick he makes?

All you do is talk about the bad. What about the good? There have some promising young players showing up lately, like Gervon Dexter, who correct me if wrong, you were also highly critical of that pick 

I get it you don't like Poles but call a spade a spade 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I just don't get it. You expect your GM to nail every pick he makes?

All you do is talk about the bad. What about the good? There have some promising young players showing up lately, like Gervon Dexter, who correct me if wrong, you were also highly critical of that pick 

I get it you don't like Poles but call a spade a spade 

No, I expect the GM to find difference makers on occasion. I think if you have 3 picks in the first 3 rounds, one should be a difference maker. I think if you have the #1 overall pick and $120M in cap room, you should find something aside from a #1 receiver

I am calling calling a spade a spade. I could smell the rancid stench of Ryan Pace and this is going in the same direction. As a fan base of the fOunDiNg fRaNcHiSe we accept mediocrity so much

They traded what was essentially a 1st for Claypool. They signed Davis. They took Wright. They used a 3 on a WR. They extended Kmet. They acquired Moore. Guess what? Their offense blows

They used three 2's on DB's. They traded a 2 for a DE and gave him $96M. They used a 2 and a 3 on DT's. They signed Edwards and Edmunds. They gave $7M a year to Walker. Guess what? The defense stinks

Gervon Dexter? Great. He has 0 sacks and a pass deflection that resulted in an interception. I keep hearing about his pass rush win rate. That stat is either flawed or he's a step too slow because if your pass rush win rate is so good it'd eventually start showing statistically

What other promising young players are you talking about? I'll give him Wright and Braxton Jones as good picks. Who am I missing? Kyler Gordon who was good against Carolina?

Edited by beardown3231

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

No, I expect the GM to find difference makers on occasion. I think if you have 3 picks in the first 3 rounds, one should be a difference maker. I think if you have the #1 overall pick and $120M in cap room, you should find something aside from a #1 receiver

I am calling calling a spade a spade. I could smell the rancid stench of Ryan Pace and this is going in the same direction. As a fan base of the fOunDiNg fRaNcHiSe we accept mediocrity so much

Gervon Dexter? Great. He has 0 sacks and a pass deflection that resulted in an interception. I keep hearing about his pass rush win rate. That stat is either flawed or he's a step too slow because if your pass rush win rate is so good it'd eventually start showing statistically

What other promising young players are you talking about? I'll give him Wright and Braxton Jones as good picks. Who am I missing? Kyler Gordon who was good against Carolina?

He turned #1 overall into DJ Moore (stud), Darnell Wright (very promising), Tyrique Stevenson (solid with room to grow), what's looking to be a top-3 / top-5 prospect at the very worst in 2024 and a future 2nd in 2025 TBD..what more could you ask for from that trade?

Besides the guys you mentioned I think Stevenson, Terrell Smith, Roschon, Gordon have all shown flashes but to each their own opinion. Can't give up on young players this early into their careers 

It certainly appears there have been some misses and I wasn't a fan of the Claypool trade as I'm sure we all weren't but it is what it is

I'm not advocating for Poles to keep his job, just pointing out it goes both ways 

• Like 1

Harbaugh is so good he doesn't even need to show up to beat his biggest competition 😂

In all seriousness he has to be 1a or 1b in terms of who we target as our next coach...if he wants full roster control then give him it and put Poles out on the street...Harbaugh is just an out and out winner.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Harbaugh is so good he doesn't even need to show up to beat his biggest competition 😂

In all seriousness he has to be 1a or 1b in terms of who we target as our next coach...if he wants full roster control then give him it and put Poles out on the street...Harbaugh is just an out and out winner.

Sign me up 

5 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

It will turn toxic w Harbaugh after 5yrs or so but I KNOW execution will be excellent and he will get the very BESt football out of his players ! 

I can't think of a better option for '24

Ten head coaching changes would be pretty chaotic...

Panthers

Bears

Washington

Chargers

Raiders

Those are nailed on IMO...then it gets a bit more difficult...

Bucs/Saint/Falcons depends on how the NFC South finishes

Pats if Belichick really does want out

Titans could lose Vrabel if a team like the Pats want to trade for him

Jets which would be a bad move

Bills as an outsider who could just move in another direction

12 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

How can anyone possibly justify keeping Flus at this point 😂

As far as I can tell it would have to be as some sort of NFL plan to improve QB play?  He's made quarterbacks like Jordan Love look like magicians, and really boosted the confidence of players like Jared ******* Goff by allowing them to have historic comebacks.

In my mind though, it's going to happen solely because Poles/Warren would need to have George McCaskey to sign off on it, and George just up and hides in Halas Hall for several months starting in January. Like, literally no one can find him, so everyone just keeps showing up. By the time Kevin Warren shakes him out of a golf bag in the back of a closet it's too late to hire a new coach so they just run it back and see what happens.  

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Bucs/Saint/Falcons depends on how the NFC South finishes

Pats if Belichick really does want out

Titans could lose Vrabel if a team like the Pats want to trade for him

Jets which would be a bad move

Bills as an outsider who could just move in another direction

i think arthur smith is safe, but Allen and Bowles are def on the block depending on the season's finish (both of whom would be great DC candidates)

there's a ton of smoke around BB in NE - where there's smoke there's fire

Vrabel doesn't get fired, but could see that trade happen. if it does, then there is only 1 opening, not two

jets will keep saleh, rodgers getting hurt killed their season, not coaching

i think Sean did the "fire the OC" trick first and will go into next season with a new one, but if they underwhelm again next year he gets the axe, but hes safe for now 

29 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

i think arthur smith is safe, but Allen and Bowles are def on the block depending on the season's finish (both of whom would be great DC candidates)

there's a ton of smoke around BB in NE - where there's smoke there's fire

Vrabel doesn't get fired, but could see that trade happen. if it does, then there is only 1 opening, not two

jets will keep saleh, rodgers getting hurt killed their season, not coaching

i think Sean did the "fire the OC" trick first and will go into next season with a new one, but if they underwhelm again next year he gets the axe, but hes safe for now 

I’ve also seen people connecting Vrabel to OSU if they move on from Ryan Day.

Really interesting take on Hoge & Jahns after the game last night...

Hoge admitting he flip flips almost daily on Flus staying or going...Jahns talking about the locker room feeling tight and completely different to past regimes like when Lovie or Trestman were fired...

I think those two mirror most of us...the locker room does seem tight...the players do play for Flus...there is some progression especially on defence and we have the resources to continue to improve the talent...but at the same time the win loss record still sucks and some of the decisions from this staff are mind blowing...

I think if the defence continues to play like this we should beat the Cardinals and probably even the Falcons...if we beat Cleveland or the Lions I think that puts Flus in a decent position...the guys made a very interesting point that if we go to GB and win then it is hard to see George sacking anyone.