New Regime Options

beardown3231

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

The thing is he was never convicted of assaulting that women so again what are we even talking about here...anyway to each their own 

I will agree with you that Harbaugh would be my#1 choice over any of these guys but I have my doubts he'd be attainable without having to give up both a lot of power and money, something I do not see this franchise doing with Warren now calling the shots 

And with us potentially ending up with the #1 pick (still wont believe it until it actually happens) I want a way better plan at QB than JJ McCarthy being th future QB of this franchise, so if that's Harbaugh's idea then forget it... pass 

I think JJ is better than most but I think there would be more of a change we would just stick with Fields if Harbaugh came here.

On 12/6/2023 at 12:57 PM, topwop1 said:

The thing is he was never convicted of assaulting that women so again what are we even talking about here...anyway to each their own 

I will agree with you that Harbaugh would be my#1 choice over any of these guys but I have my doubts he'd be attainable without having to give up both a lot of power and money, something I do not see this franchise doing with Warren now calling the shots 

And with us potentially ending up with the #1 pick (still wont believe it until it actually happens) I want a way better plan at QB than JJ McCarthy being th future QB of this franchise, so if that's Harbaugh's idea then forget it... pass 

If JJ is a sticking point, tipping point for getting Harbaugh, I can easily get on board with McCarthy, esp if he is backing up JF to begin. This would allow for us to draft MHj and even move back a spot or 2 in the process   AND hang onto Fields  

As far as Bienemy, I believe that bc he has been passed over and  PASSED over so many times, he likely has been thoroughly humbled to a point that I simply cannot see him screwing this up ...AND I truly believe that he may be the guy to FINALLY DEVELOP the JF scheme we've all been clamoring for. 

11 hours ago, SLCbear said:

IF Michigan wins National Championship, I would say 85-90% Harbaugh coming to the NFL.  Bears or Raiders 

Some thoughts.  LV pluses.  Likely more control.  Can probably demand a more secure deal than two of most secure coaching deals in NFL history (and both were still amazingly fired).  Though owner didn’t really want to fire Gruden.  Raiders ownership isn’t super rich.  They have to stop paying folks soon so Harbaugh would be nigh untouchable for an age no matter how much fans howled for his job (if he failed).  

Warm climate.  Nice stadium.  Luxuries.

Chicago pluses.  Team has solid pieces in place, huge draft capital in 2024 and a decent cap situation. 

I don’t believe Chicago will or would give up Warren or Poles for Harbaugh. Or even take away their power for same.  At least not at this time.   Harbaugh would have to come and be 3rd or maybe co with Poles.  

One, McCaskey just does not like to fire new hires.  I also think there would be media and/or public perception issues McCaskey wouldn’t abide if he fired them or demoted them in order to get Harbaugh.   Especially since you can make a solid case Poles has done some good things and positioned Bears well moving forward.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

You're Missing the real draw to the NFL for Harbaugh, the Chargers.

I've said for a while having Herbert would easily offset the defense needing redone. Plus just having it competenlt run would be an improvemnt already.

I'd say it's between Chicago and LAC. LVR is a distant third, Jim might get more control there but it's just a kinda crap situation. A first time HC might jump because there's only 32 of these jobs but Jim has a level of success and pedigree that he's going to be making 8 figures per year wherever he wants to go, college or pros.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

You're Missing the real draw to the NFL for Harbaugh, the Chargers.

For sure, LAC definitely makes the list as low key favorite to land JH.

I think  LV and CHI are ahead bc of his super close relationship with Davis family, John Madden (RIP) raidernation and potential to have FULLLLLL control there must be intoxicating.

And then he is a midwest guy, wanted vikings badly,  BELOVeD in CHI!! the idea of making the charter franchise Bears great AGAIN has to be quite intoxicating as well, we have several pieces in place, massive Draft capital, great cap situation 

2 hours ago, SLCbear said:

And then he is a midwest guy, wanted vikings badly,  BELOVeD in CHI!! the idea of making the charter franchise Bears great AGAIN has to be quite intoxicating as well, we have several pieces in place, massive Draft capital, great cap situation 

I think all of this, is a Bears fan fantasy.

When it comes down to weighing these jobs (if he even goes this year, because I still don’t think he does, especially if he doesn’t even get a Playoff win) the factors in todays NFL have to be

-Level of control

-QB situation 

-Asset arsenal

-Everything else is ancillary

And while the Bears can stack up against anyone in Assets of Draft Capital and Cap Space, our Roster is still pretty barren compared to most. Our QB situation is a distant 2nd (at best) and I have a hard time seeing us giving any more control than just HC, where the Raider and  probably Chargers would give him much more 

Side note, giving ANY Coach complete control is a bad move. It just doesn’t work 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

When it comes down to weighing these jobs (if he even goes this year, because I still don’t think he does, especially if he doesn’t even get a Playoff win) the factors in todays NFL have to be

-Level of control

-QB situation 

-Asset arsenal

And while the Bears can stack up against anyone in Assets of Draft Capital and Cap Space, our Roster is still pretty barren compared to most. Our QB situation is a distant 2nd (at best) and I have a hard time seeing us giving any more control than just HC, where the Raider and  probably Chargers would give him much more 

Side note, giving ANY Coach complete control is a bad move. It just doesn’t work 

He's a uniquely bad fit for the McCaskeys due to his personality and theirs, and with George probably feeling like he's finally got a structure and people (GM and President) in place that will work it would be a stretch for him to change.  Bold change is just not their way, I think they'd much rather see the kind of coach who won't get too embarassing in a loss than the scary one who might win, or one who would make them nervous and I get the feeling Harbaugh would freak them out. 

Plus,  he may have played in Chicago, and be from the midwest (PA?) but he's spent way more time coaching out in CA for NFL and college, might signal that aside from the MI job he prefers not freezing his nuts off while he screams at the ref?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

-Level of control

-QB situation 

-Asset arsenal

ha ha ya the charter franchise stuff is likely fan fantasy at this point, personal connections matter some and he really wanted that Vikes job BADly, not sure why or  how that job would be any better than what we can offer him right next door. Maybe he has a 2nd family in Min or Michigan not cold enough for him 

seriously though, level of control here could be moderate  at first, with clear pathways for greater control moving forward as successes achieved, why not ? If forced to choose, will Warren keep Poles if it costs him one of the top 5 coaches on the planet ?

Our qb situation is whatever Harbaugh would want for it to be, not sure how JF,  1.1 and 1.2-7 is a distant second at best 

Asset arsenal here ✔️+

Biggest hurdle imo is Michigan not winning it all this year, but what is keeping JH there if Michigan wins Natl Champ ?? He's losing aLOT of starters, And aren't NCaa sanctions coming down on Michigan after season ? 

Edited by SLCbear
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

He's a uniquely bad fit for the McCaskeys due to his personality and theirs, and with George probably feeling like he's finally got a structure and people (GM and President) in place that will work it would be a stretch for him to change.  Bold change is just not their way, I think they'd much rather see the kind of coach who won't get too embarassing in a loss than the scary one who might win, or one who would make them nervous and I get the feeling Harbaugh would freak them out. 

Plus,  he may have played in Chicago, and be from the midwest (PA?) but he's spent way more time coaching out in CA for NFL and college, might signal that aside from the MI job he prefers not freezing his nuts off while he screams at the ref?

Mccaskeys deserve to stay losers and even hated if this is accurate 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Everybody ❤️s a nice BJ  but another rookie coach coming off national darling success scares **** out of me  !!  This doesn't seem like a BIG SWING or even wise even though current execution and adaptability  are easily our greatest problem ha ha

Not alot of actual McVays out there and they do not come along all that often.  Shane Steichen is the next one for now and going for another one so soon feels like  bad move 

Edited by SLCbear
  • Like 1