Week 4 embarrassment thread: Broncos (0-3) @ Bears (0-3)

Ty21

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

Hopefully we see something from the defence now...we are still massively undermanned upfront but we have to create a turnover.

TEAM momentum game so ya I think you're right we get a takeaway 

maybe even another sack 😉 

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

Ya that sneak to Kmet play came up again on 4th & short and they barely made the first down. Imagine that play failed yet again? Could be a different looking score going into halftime 

I hate that play more than anything. It’s fine as a one off, but once teams have seen it, it doesn’t really work as a surprise again

plus you have Fields, he’s not Hurts, but he should be able to get a sneak.

im more worried about some of his designed runs. Some are OK, but I’d much rather give Fields rollouts and boots to let him decide to run over some of these called runs that our OL isn’t athletic enough to pull off right now

9 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Don’t pretend you would have EVER admitted that Fields could go 15/15 against even our defense. 

I mean I have definitely been vocal that I've been out on fields entirely... And frankly I'd still try and parley this game into trading him at higher value.

But if he can keep this level of production weekly (and to be clear I don't mean doubling his stats for the rest of the game, I mean just what he's already gotten this game over his average full game), he'll earn the right to stick around. 

Just now, StLunatic88 said:

I hate that play more than anything. It’s fine as a one off, but once teams have seen it, it doesn’t really work as a surprise again

plus you have Fields, he’s not Hurts, but he should be able to get a sneak.

im more worried about some of his designed runs. Some are OK, but I’d much rather give Fields rollouts and boots to let him decide to run over some of these called runs that our OL isn’t athletic enough to pull off right now

You know I have been one of Fields biggest critics, he is having a great game and like you said I don't think anyone would have said or thought he would go 16 straight completions. If this is the game that he turns it around for the rest of the season I will be happy, I don't even expect the type of outcome he has today so far. I also agree with you on the designed runs they have been terribly predictable so far almost like they are tipping them.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Every OC calls some plays that make no sense...but on the whole this is the first game this season I would say Getsy has helped the offence not hindered it.

I feel no matter what Getsy needs to be let go after this season, whether or not Justin remains with the Bears.  If the offense is crap that's definitely on him.  If they somehow pick it up and become, by some miracle, competent or respectable still sack him because there's no guarantee he will build of off it and try to force the QB to play against his style, no matter who he may be.  And of course if the whole staff gets fired then he'll be gone anyway.