Week 4 Texans vs Steelers GDT

lumberjackchris

Safe to say we have a franchise QB.  Stroud given the circumstances has been as advertised.  Just imagine if he actually had a number 1 WR.  

Glad to see Schutz get more involved in the passing game. 

Defense played legit too.  

The biggest shocker was the OL playing exceptionally well especially in pass protection.

AFC South is going to be wide open all season.  Call me crazy but we have a legit shot at winning the division.  None of the other teams strike fear in my eyes.

Edited by Texansfan713
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Jaytrajik said:

To be honest I wasn't even this excited about Deshaun Watson when we drafted him. This kid is special 

Agreed. I think what really makes me more excited about Stroud than Watson is Stroud’s leadership skills. You can see when he’s out there how in command he is and then you see he’s the same way off the field too. Also, Stroud seems to have so much trust in his teammates. He doesn’t try to force anything — I feel like Watson would try playing hero ball too much (see last week) and while sometimes it would work and the outcomes would be amazing, it isn’t sustainable. Obviously, it’s still early, but he continues to look so much more advanced than a 21 year old rookie QB each week. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

We have the falcons next week. The falcons are 100% capable of beating us,  but they aren’t the chiefs, bulls, dolphins or eagles. We have a good chance of getting to 3-2 next week. 

Bijan Robinson might be up there with CMC as the best RB in football... but Desmond Ridder is probably the worst starting QB in football, so that helps. Atlanta has issues generating a pass rush as well, so this should be a situation where Stroud has opportunities to make plays.

I never put the cart before the horse on this team, but this team looks dialed in and ready.

2 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Are Tunsil and Howard both back this week? Because it’s getting crazy thin. Juice won’t be back for at least another week. 

Might as well sit Juice out till after the bus with the way Patty is playing.

With how Fant is playing, I bet we do see Howard at LG for a little bit. Not that I want it, but that would be a better mix than having a 4 string G starting 

I am sorry for taking so long to congratulate your team and fan base on a great win.  The game was not remotely close despite a slight third-quarter run by the Steelers.

My pre-game notes earlier in the thread proved to be true. The game was dominated in the trenches by the Texans and the "revamped OL" kept your QB upright and comfortable in the pocket.

Our offense was playing rickity "Pickett fences." 😒 Best of luck for the rest of your season and I hope we get to do it again in the play-offs. Although your team looks more like a playoff team than mine right now. In the immortal words of Charlie Sheen, Your Texans are "winning!"

th?id=OIP.v4juFWmX5WRNbDwaq0axVwHaEE&pid

• Like 2