Week 4 Texans vs Steelers GDT

lumberjackchris

It’s the JJ Watt enshrinement game, so let’s hope season ticket holders go to the game and it isn’t a defacto Steelers home game.

Corralling JJ’s little brother TJ will be the story of the game. But if Stroud keeps getting rid of the ball, it should negate his impact. 

With Pitre penciled in to return, I see him and Ward setting the tone on defense. 

LJC’s Prediction: Texans - 20 Steelers - 17

17 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

It’s the JJ Watt enshrinement game, so let’s hope season ticket holders go to the game and it isn’t a defacto Steelers home game.

Corralling JJ’s little brother TJ will be the story of the game. But if Stroud keeps getting rid of the ball, it should negate his impact. 

With Pitre penciled in to return, I see him and Ward setting the tone on defense. 

LJC’s Prediction: Texans - 20 Steelers - 17

You remember last time the Steelers came to NRG right? LOL

Given that tickets are over 100 dollars for nosebleeds that possibly mean Texans fans want to make a profit for this game and Steelers fans travel.

I'm looking forward to the game.  Coming off a huge win and we are back at home.  

I’m chalking this up as an L. Steelers lead the league with 13 sacks and 8 turnovers; I expect them to break the streak and pick off Stroud in what will be his worst start as a pro.  TJ Watt is coming to show out on big brother day, I’m expecting a multi sack game from him.

The secondary should be able to force Kenny Pickett into a few errors, but I suspect Najee Harris will have a breakout game with 150 total yards. Will Anderson might get a few big plays in this one, hopefully he’ll turn the pressure into finishes.

I thin Pitt comes in too experienced and forces the issue in a low scoring game, 19-6. 

Greetings from Steelerland. I just completed our GDT. Please feel free to offer some insight and opinion on our thread as well. This game is very winnable for the Texans. This is the type of game the Steelers have lost in the past with a future HOF QB. The Steelers offense is struggling and despite some improvements against the Raiders, they can't run the football consistently. No secret: Simply beat the Steelers offense on first and second down. Then third down and long is tough for them to convert.

OC Matt Canada is taking heat, but the root cause of the poor offense is the poor OL play. I am concerned there as your DTs are probably licking their chops to go against our IOL. Our OT tackle play hasn't been great either, but they have done a decent job overall of pass protection considering the numbers that Bosa, Garrett, and Crosby typically put up.  

Pickett has been lucky with a few throws as he should have had at least two other INTs and both should have been pick-sixes. A common trait is both teams trying to build from wins last week to gain some confidence/cohesion.  The team that protects the ball best and doesn't make stupid mistakes (pre-snap penalties, etc.). should win. Here's to a competitive and safe (healthy) game for both teams. Steelers are leaning heavily on the defense. If you can disrupt that and make the offense beat you, you can easily win. The only reason the Steelers are not 1-2 is two defensive TDs versus the Browns who actually out-offensed the Steelers. The Steelers' secondary is suspect and without Heyward, the run defense is struggling. They did better against the Raiders than the 49ers and Browns, but the run defense is not the Steel Curtain or old Blitzburgh defenses. 

• Like 3

We need to figure out a way to get to the bye week at 3-3, if we do that, we have a legit chance to win the division. We should have our offensive line back after the bye week. Our defense will be healthy minus Stingley, who honestly will struggle with that injury the rest of the year. The Steelers, Saints and Falcons dont look like world beaters, with all 3 struggling at QB. 

and the schedule after the bye sucks. 

Carolina, Arizona, Denver, and the Jets all suck. We have two Tennessee games when they will most likely be starting Willis or Levis. We have the Jags and Colts left. 

The toughest games left are the Bengals, who are really struggling, and the Bucs and Browns, neither of which look unbeatable. 

Now we are the Texans, but we have a chance with the way we have played while not having all our guys. 

Looks like a loss but I think we have a shot to sneak this one out. We have an opportunistic defense, if we can create some turnovers, minimize the pressure and establish a somewhat decent running game, Stroud has enough to get the dub. We're going to need another unexpected good performance from the offensive line again.

We can do it 

• Like 2

Tunsil's knee issues is honestly very worrying to me but if he comes back at the same time as Tytus and Scruggs we might be good. I feel like the only way is up from here.

We had zero sacks last week with a make-shift OL so maybe we could put the clamps on TJ? lol hopefully