GDT Week 4: Commies(2-1) @ Eagles(3-0) - Time for some NFCE football

AZ_Eaglesfan

27 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Was busy entertaining to really watch the game intently but Jesus, was there any reason why we didn’t run the ball? We’re at the 50 in OT with a fresh set and Hurts is throwing bombs. We needed 15 yards not a TD. And also, just a side note, Hurts still doesn’t understand that when he’s out of the pocket, he can just throw the ball OOB. I saw just casually two times he could have saved himself negative plays. Anyway, a wins a win I suppose. No way it should have been that close at home. Still content but man, are we making it interesting. We just don’t look as crisp as a SB team should look. But stacking wins is very important. We got what we needed. 

Insane game on a playcall / game management front…running on third and 12’s then going for touchdowns when there is absolutely no need to do that. Just give the ball to swift twice and there’s a great chance we get the first down to ice the game for Money Man Jake…. Then we have AJ Brown getting a 15 yard penalty and thinking it’s irrelevant and it almost cost us the game.

Sloppy coaching game where it’s becoming a concern. I like Desai and he had his first crappy game defensively. Secondary is pretty wounded and I’m not sure how good Bradberry still is.

But we are 4-0 so I am a very very happy man (my concerns always trump my optimism unfortunately)

Mac Jones benched vs Dallas with no Diggs. Threw for 300 and 3 td's on Desai. Dallas defense playing above their talent. Eagles defense playing below theirs. We're winning, so it's cool, but I got zero faith we can hold Tua/Josh/Pat/Mr Irrelevant under 30 points. Rams and Jets over the next 2 weeks should be two W's, but then I'm guessing this cruise ship hits an ice berg.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Mac Jones benched vs Dallas with no Diggs. Threw for 300 and 3 td's on Desai. Dallas defense playing above their talent. Eagles defense playing below theirs. We're winning, so it's cool, but I got zero faith we can hold Tua/Josh/Pat/Mr Irrelevant under 30 points. Rams and Jets over the next 2 weeks should be two W's, but then I'm guessing this cruise ship hits an ice berg.

We aren’t going 17-0, but these takes are so reactionary it hurts. It’s one game. Our D has been pretty solid prior weeks. It happens. If anything the fact that we are 4-0 and we have yet to play a complete game is a good thing. 

Also don’t count the Rams out next week. They are a pretty good football team. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

We aren’t going 17-0, but these takes are so reactionary it hurts. It’s one game. Our D has been pretty solid prior weeks. It happens. If anything the fact that we are 4-0 and we have yet to play a complete game is a good thing. 

It's 4 games, and the only QB that hasn't had some success against us is Baker, thanks in large part to Mike Evans having the dropsies. I'm not counting the Rams out, just saying we should beat them, because on paper we destroy them. I don't think they are Pretty good, just average, which their record basically confirms. Beat Geno and Anthony Richardson. Lose to Burrow and SF. Following that pattern, they should lose to us, but obviously Stafford is better than all the QBs we've faced besides Cousins, and could light up Desai. Puka Nacua is playing like a demon.

Edited by Jeezla

Just now, Jeezla said:

It's 4 games, and the only QB that hasn't had some success against us is Baker.

Ya or you can just be realistic and say our defense isn’t built to shut down opposing QBs and never will do that. We knew that would be the case going into the year as well. 

You aren’t going to have the best offense and defense in the NFL, you just need to be good enough to win games. If the Eagles continue to trend in the right direction that should be the case. 

15 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Ya or you can just be realistic and say our defense isn’t built to shut down opposing QBs and never will do that. We knew that would be the case going into the year as well. 

You aren’t going to have the best offense and defense in the NFL, you just need to be good enough to win games. If the Eagles continue to trend in the right direction that should be the case. 

One of the best CB duos in the league. Best interior DL in the league (Most talented at least). One good safety. 2 above average DE's (at least last year), but we're not built to shut down opposing QB's? I disagree. We're just not coached to shut down opposing QB's.

Edited by Jeezla

9 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

One of the best CB duos in the league. Best interior DL in the league (Most talented at least). One good safety. 2 above average DE's (at least last year), but we're not built to shut down opposing QB's? I disagree. We're just not coached to shut down opposing QB's.

Yes, not to mention last year they nearly set the sack record, supposedly had two top 10 CBs and a top slot corner, had CJG at safety, and ok LBs and yet they still were not able to get a single stop in the second half vs Mahomes in the SB. There are plenty of other teams that are doing a lot more with a lot less talent. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Coming into this year you literally were claiming our defense was going to be bad lol. That isn’t even an exaggeration it is what you said. 

And no we aren’t built to be a shut down defense. Especially with the injuries we have accrued. We need to be better in the secondary, but it is pretty obvious we are going to have to hide some deficiencies in pass coverage this year. Our back 7 is just not going to be able to cover a lot of teams up. Desai needs to be better but he has shown us a lot of good things the first four weeks too. He was actually regularly blitzing Howell in this game and it was effective when he did it. 

39 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Dallas also just got beaten by the Cardinals.  If we aren't putting too much stock into that loss, then we shouldn't be putting too much stock into them embarrassing the Patriots.  It's hard for teams to play at the top of their game every single week, but the Eagles keep finding ways to win even when we all know they aren't playing up to their potential yet.  We should all take a little solice in that and hope they can work through their issues and be at their best in December and January.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Desai absolutely needs to do better but when the middle of your defense LB/Safeties are a complete liability,  it negates a lot of what you have listed.

When we are counting on Reed to be a Stud or we're screwed over the top, that's a problem.  When we're counting on two LB who weren't even on the 53, that's a problem.  When we're counting on Jobe/Rookies to start, that's a problem 

Acting as though CGJ, Maddox, Edwards, White and even Epps weren't massive upgrades over what's out there the first 4 weeks is absurd. It matters, and teams are exposing it. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

6 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Coming into this year you literally were claiming our defense was going to be bad lol. That isn’t even an exaggeration it is what you said. 

And no we aren’t built to be a shut down defense. Especially with the injuries we have accrued. We need to be better in the secondary, but it is pretty obvious we are going to have to hide some deficiencies in pass coverage this year. Our back 7 is just not going to be able to cover a lot of teams up. Desai needs to be better but he has shown us a lot of good things the first four weeks too. He was actually regularly blitzing Howell in this game and it was effective when he did it. 

It is an exaggeration. I said we could be bad, not that we definitely would, and that was mostly because I didn't think Carter would adequately replace Hargrave in year 1, and also assumed Slay would lose half a step. And because our LB's aren't that good aside from run D.

Edited by Jeezla