Week 4 GDT: Raiders @ Chargers - The one where AOC starts

big_palooka

Step into my office......   

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who outcoaches the other this week?

• Brandon "4th and short at my own 20 yard line" Staley
    • Josh "Send in the field goal unit down 8" McDaniels

On 10/10/2023 at 2:54 PM, RaisinBran said:

I wonder how he'd do if he was just the OC and not head coach? It's clear to me that he doesn't know how to lead or make pressure decisions like when to go for it or kick a FG, when to call a timeout. Maybe if he just focused on improving the offense things would be better?

I'm just glad the defense doesn't seem to be the worst anymore. At least that side of the ball seems to be improving a decent amount from last year.

I don’t want to be lengthy with this comment so I’ll keep it as quick and simple as by possible to make my point.

JMD is only a “genius” in theory or on paper.  He can draw up plays that work if there’s 100% execution and it’s against the right defense.  But that’s not the real world.  That’s probably why we’re good on the first drive or two then stink.  But then defenses start adjusting and showing new looks and he’s not able to adjust in real time.  He’d have to go back to his office and take a week to adjust.  Idk how anyone thinks that’s a “genuis”.  If anything I think he’s got very average at best football IQ on game day.  The reason JMDs stuff worked in NE was a very good offensive line, Billicheck got high level of execution but most importantly Brady was able to adjust in real time to any issues.  

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I don’t want to be lengthy with this comment so I’ll keep it as quick and simple as by possible to make my point.

JMD is only a “genius” in theory or on paper.  He can draw up plays that work if there’s 100% execution and it’s against the right defense.  But that’s not the real world.  That’s probably why we’re good on the first drive or two then stink.  But then defenses start adjusting and showing new looks and he’s not able to adjust in real time.  He’d have to go back to his office and take a week to adjust.  Idk how anyone thinks that’s a “genuis”.  If anything I think he’s got very average at best football IQ on game day.  The reason JMDs stuff worked in NE was a very good offensive line, Billicheck got high level of execution but most importantly Brady was able to adjust in real time to any issues.  

his in game adjustments suck. There's never been a game where he just had that gameplan that couldn't be stopped. I honestly think he is merely an average play caller and bad head coach. He looked like a great OC because he had the goat QB and a great defense on the Pats. 

Edited by Humble_Beast

3 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

This is the best analysis on Josh McDaniels playcalling I've heard