Week 4 GDT: Raiders @ Chargers - The one where AOC starts

big_palooka

Step into my office......   

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who outcoaches the other this week?

• Brandon "4th and short at my own 20 yard line" Staley
    • Josh "Send in the field goal unit down 8" McDaniels

dzfthwj3p5v9dtrivvz5

Raiders @ Chargers: Sunday Oct 1st 4:05 PM

It's week 4 baby! In a battle of head coaches to see who can overthink the other! 

Keys to the game:

+ Can the defense slow down Herbert who was on fire in a win last week?

+ Can they limit Kennan Allen who is playing great to start the season?

+ Can the Raiders get the run game going this week with Jacobs?

+ Will McDaniels play it save with Brian Hoyer or let the rookie get his first start?

FvEFflTXsAEdXka?format=jpg&name=medium

Can the Raiders save their early season from disaster and get back to .500? Does anyone care at this point? Find out Sunday afternoon! 

I just don't believe in our coaching staff anymore...I think even Staley and the Chockers crew can outcoach, outplay us now...

Can't see the D containing Herbert and can't see our O keeping up with him/them.

Not with Jimmy, especially not with Hoyer.

Only chance could be AOC, who go full crazy and light them up without real gamefilm on him to analyse...

I expect a big loss, one that will continue to feed that fire, which seems to get starting in the locker room with these recent DA comments, the JJ situation, the Jones situation...

I think about it this way. AOC is going to be active for the game. If Hoyer craps the bed.....and there's a high likelyhood he will. We'll see AOC at some point. Halftime, 4th quarter, etc. He just has to shine enough to show the players that he's the best option for right now so Adams and other veterans don't go on full meltdown for starting a rookie "for the future of the franchise"

• Like 1

Last week seemed like a breaking point given that virtually nothing worked. We laugh at Denver, but Miami would've hung 80 on us with our performance. 

Adams, Jacobs, Renfrow are pretty well checked out. We're playing a backup QB- who, exactly, we don't yet know, one of who is a concession of defeat. 

The playcalling and decision making are just indefensible given the loss. But I noticed something else in the game last week: the players lack fire. 

Late in the game, Jimmy scrambled and was going down/out of bounds. A Steelers player jumped over him and grazed his head/shoulder area a bit. There was no dirty hit or anything, it was just a routine one guy trying to evade the other. 

We see a different view than the guys on the field. We see more at once and from a different angle. Having played, I find it difficult to believe that every single player on offense saw what happened and came to the immediate conclusion that the QB wasn't hit late or dirty. As I said it was the right call on everyone's part, but that's not the issue. The QB got hit. Period. I expected at least someone to come running up jawing at people, but nobody did. They got huddled up and waited for Jimmy to come over. Clear indicator that the team isn't buying into the mantras anymore, whether it's from jMD or Jimmy by extension. 

That could very well change if O'Connell plays and lights it up. It wouldn't be the first time a mutiny is averted like that. I just think it's too little, too late for that to spark any reinvigorated flame. 

I don't think we lose by a whole lot this weekend, actually. LA isn't that talented or well coached either. I don't think we start seeing blowouts until later if this trend continues. What I think we see is a gradual decline into worse and worse performances and increased frustration until the floor gives out. More of a snowball than an avalanche. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I thought you wanted to get rid of McDaniels? 

I want to win I’m tired of losing 

I thought jmd was your hero you been his glorified mama bear all year. Saying everyone pushing agendas etc etc if they don’t agree with you and jmdz.

are you changing your stance on jmdz?

19 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

PFF hates everyone so this gets me hyped: https://youtube.com/shorts/kCa7i76QSLg?si=GM1anLQWmw4LxGPm

PFF has been high on O’Connell before he was even drafted by us. They mentioned that it is possible Aidan could be the best QB out of this draft. 

@11:10 is Aidan breakdown. He basically is describing what could happen this week. “Jimmy G is banged up and Aidan OConnell is getting the start”

Edited by bucksavage1