Week 4 GDT: Raiders @ Chargers - The one where AOC starts

big_palooka

Step into my office......   

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who outcoaches the other this week?

• Brandon "4th and short at my own 20 yard line" Staley
    • Josh "Send in the field goal unit down 8" McDaniels

40 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Isn’t this a little revisionist history wasnt JMD a hot coaching candidate while he was at NE 

Yeah…. Some people say he’s a hot candidate, but I’m on record saying he’s garbage as are a lot of people.  And for such a hot candidate, the guys got a really bad reputation around the league.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

Yeah…. Some people say he’s a hot candidate, but I’m on record saying he’s garbage as are a lot of people.  And for such a hot candidate, the guys got a really bad reputation around the league.

Mark was simple minded with the hire. Well "McDaniels had a lot of Super Bowls in his resume". ignoring he wasn't the reason  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I thought the red zone was a Carr problem. This is the 3rd qb in JMD's system who struggles in the RZ. I think it's a coach problem.

Carr struggled in the red zone before McDaniels. McDaniels has no clue what he's doing either. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RaiderX said:

Carr struggled in the red zone before McDaniels. McDaniels has no clue what he's doing either. 

This.....why not use DA as the decoy and sneak out a te or fb underneath? At least once in awhile. Gruden had spider 2y banana, that’s just an example. Reid draws stuff like that up all the time, prolly on the fly sometimes. So do other coaches, because it works!! Smmfh!!! 

• Like 3

On 10/2/2023 at 9:00 AM, MrOaktown_56 said:

Oh I agree. But I thought he was supposed to be some kind of playcalling guru. JMD is a bum. If I could cuss him out in person, I would.

I wonder how he'd do if he was just the OC and not head coach? It's clear to me that he doesn't know how to lead or make pressure decisions like when to go for it or kick a FG, when to call a timeout. Maybe if he just focused on improving the offense things would be better?

I'm just glad the defense doesn't seem to be the worst anymore. At least that side of the ball seems to be improving a decent amount from last year.