Dame traded to Milwaukee

sdrawkcab321

8 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

I question the character of someone who throws a fit after being traded to a team with Giannis.

Agreed, him wanting out was to have a chance at a championship and this does that.  I am sure he preferred the warmth of Miami but he will be just fine making $40M in WI on a team that should be the odds on favorite to win it all next year.  The window is small IMO with Dame at 33 and Middleton at 32.  They need to win it this year or next or this will be a waste IMO.  But at least they made a move to shake things up and keep Giannis happy for the next couple of years.  

Side note, I think thats solid return for the Blazers.  Getting a solid big to play with Scoot and Sharpe and Jrue should have value as a trade piece to get more assets.  The picks are far enough out that the Bucks might fall off by then and thye get a solid selection out of it.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

I question the character of someone who throws a fit after being traded to a team with Giannis.

It’s not that. It’s the fact that it’s been consistent that Dame only want to be with the Heat. I think the Bucks did this move to appease Giannis to stay. They knew the possibility was there for Giannis not to re-sign. So why not make this move? Hopefully Dame is ok with not getting his wish to go to Miami. If so then all is well for the Bucks. We shall see though. 

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

What exactly did the Suns get out of this trade? 

Cap relief and some depth.  Nurkic is much cheaper than Ayton and can be used similarly.  Allen and Little are decent depth pieces to fill in after giving away so much for Durant.  Ayton is the better player but not how they utilize him, so makes sense to move off him.  

2 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Cap relief and some depth.  Nurkic is much cheaper than Ayton and can be used similarly.  Allen and Little are decent depth pieces to fill in after giving away so much for Durant.  Ayton is the better player but not how they utilize him, so makes sense to move off him.  

Nurkic had negative trade value at this point.  

• Like 1

What a trade out of nowhere. It's great for the Bucks, they hardly lose anything of current value aside from Jrue, and I love Jrue but they definitely upgraded there. His offense kept going too inconsistent in the postseason. For the Blazers it's pretty good for having no leverage, they can at least flip Jrue and keep/flip Ayton. For the Suns, I understand WHY they did it, but man they did not get good value. Not that they were going to get good value out of Ayton using him anyway.