Dame traded to Milwaukee

sdrawkcab321

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

I'd think if Nurkic can continue to shoot threes decently, his floor spacing might help with how lethal the Suns' top three are in the mid-range game.

The offense will be better with Nurk.  They need a center who sets screens and can pass from the high or low post.  Ayton is a good scorer but has horrible court vision for a big and doesn’t do the dirty work.  Defensively they think Vogel can make it look respectable.  The Nuggets were middle of the pack on defense and won it all.

5 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

He could be to the Bucks what Garnett was to the Celtics.

I don't think we're going to see another trade quite like that one.  KG legitimately made the C's a legitimate title contender.  The Bucks were already pseudo-contenders with Jrue.

6 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

The offense will be better with Nurk.  They need a center who sets screens and can pass from the high or low post.  Ayton is a good scorer but has horrible court vision for a big and doesn’t do the dirty work.  Defensively they think Vogel can make it look respectable.  The Nuggets were middle of the pack on defense and won it all.

This dude played with Lillard his entire career and has a 54 TS% for his career. The only other player in the lg besides Curry where teams will double team him from 30 feet and let the rest of the team play 4 on 3. For reference the worst offense in the lg last year had a 55 TS%.

Two years ago he gave up the highest fg% at the rim on defense. 

The best part about the trade is he most likely won't be a closer and they will play small. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Obviously. Just a brutal business for some of these guys. Man just literally said he wanted to retire a Buck and how much he loved it here. Now he has no idea where he's going to play and the season starts in less than a month.

He was my favorite Buck. This was to appease Giannis all the way. 

8 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I don't think we're going to see another trade quite like that one.  KG legitimately made the C's a legitimate title contender.  The Bucks were already pseudo-contenders with Jrue.

No "pseudo" about it. They were legitimate contenders with Jrue. Definitionally. They won a title with Jrue. 

12 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

Nuggets also have the best player in the NBA and one of the five greatest offensive players ever.

3 hours ago, malak1 said:

No "pseudo" about it. They were legitimate contenders with Jrue. Definitionally. They won a title with Jrue. 

3 seasons ago.  They also lost in 2nd round a year after their title, and in the first round last year (albeit largely because of the Giannis' injury).

The Blazers turning down that Miami offer is malpractice and that it was done purely for punitive reasons and to begin the owners pushback to crush "player power" is genuinely absurd and if I were a Blazers fan I'd be so pissed. 

https://x.com/thedunkcentral/status/1707396092365574233

Edited by Thelonebillsfan
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

The Blazers turning down that Miami offer is malpractice and that it was done purely for punitive reasons and to begin the owners pushback to crush "player power" is genuinely absurd and if I were a Blazers fan I'd be so pissed. 

https://x.com/thedunkcentral/status/1707396092365574233

I mean, for Portland I'd rather have Ayton than Herro.  They don't need Herro. That 2029 Bucks pick is probably more valuable than any of those Miami picks. They're going to be able to flip Jrue for more assets too.  I would take the Bucks offer over the Miami offer. 

edit - I also think Portland was desperate to dump the Nurkic contract and the Suns were willing to bail them out on that in the Bucks offer. 

Edited by MKnight82
  • Like 3

Those picks are liable to be nothing. What were the protections? What years? Herro and Jovic are nothing burgers for Dame. 

LIS yesterday, that 2029 unprotected 1st from Milwaukee and the 2030 pick swap could be very fruitful. Miami will always be a destination for NBA players, Milwaukee won't. Don't think Portland missed out on anything there.

• Like 3