Week 14: SNF Ravens (7-5) at STEELERS (10-2)

JDLefebvre

Just now, SlevinKelevra said:

if the DB is 2 seconds late to react to the ball, you can throw it to a receiver if he's covered.

it can't be intercepted if the DB doesn't know where the ball even is.

your inability to process this is shocking.

It wasn't 2 seconds.  It was at best a half a second.  You try to react to anything that fast.  This isn't my inability to process anything, it's the unability to talk about football on the field and what causes things to happen.

1 minute ago, SlevinKelevra said:

rich.

I see you're continuing to bring quality discussion to the table with comments like this.

Davis bit on the inside move, hard to tell if he was expecting inside or outside leverage, but the way he bit tells me he was expecting some type of help on the play.  Sensebaugh looked like he basically bailed on the play quite early.  Davis is a safety who plays better when his corners are playing man because it allows him to gamble some, and when they play zone he has to sit deeper than what he did there.  The biting on the route is what carried him out of position and caused him to "take 2 seconds to find the ball" in your words.  Even if he spotted it right away he wasn't making a play on the ball because he was out of position.  

Archived